1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

/mine chests

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by tchand, July 12, 2013.

1. tchand

tchand

In-Game Name:
    TChand
    Since mob spawners and abandoned mineshafts have been removed and those were the only way to get saddles, instead of re-enabling them which apparently the staff is 100% against, enable random chests do spawn with the same random loot and since there will not be a dungeon/mineshaft for the mobs to be in the spawning should be more frequent to balance the lack of any way to know that the chest is their and since dungeons were already extremely rare, because at least as i understand it the current supply is very limited and with no way of replenishing it since saddles are not in deity shop.

2. melvin484

melvin484

In-Game Name:
    TwitchyCake
    Is a good idea. Im just curious why staff is against Mineshafts and stuff.

3. tchand

tchand

In-Game Name:
    TChand
    The theory was and it's technically true that since that stuff is generated after ores it gets rid of some and so remove then and more ores but that alto means that you use more picks on stone though it does look like caves are back

4. melvin484

melvin484

In-Game Name:
    TwitchyCake
  5. ngennaro

ngennaro

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ngennaro
    I love this idea tchand :D. Seeing as the mine world is a custom built mine world, it only fits that we have custom dungeon chests :p

thejacoborg and tchand like this.
  6. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rmarmorstein
    The way I always thought it would work, and this is just me, but I think that the reason (if I'm not mistaken) that it is disabled, is for people AFK'ing at spawners, and getting the XP.

If spawners were taken out, but mineshafts, dungeons, etc. spawned, without the spawner, the chests would still be intact. If the idea that I heard is true, that there are enough saddles in the economy at the moment to buy/sell, after the de-spawn today, I'm sure the amount in the world probably was cut in half. This would be a good way to add more saddles to the world. the mineshafts and dungeons also make the mining world a little more fun to explore, caves and other things make it more fun. I can only take so much strip mining.

The random chest idea seems great, but it seems like a lot more work, than just generating the world without the physical spawner block, and keeping the dungeon, and mineshafts.

ngennaro likes this.
  7. tchand

tchand

In-Game Name:
    TChand
    The with spawners and afking only did items as no way to get XP while afk or time of mind which was solved by the butcher and my thing about the ores I got directly from smcallah

8. Lord_Aquarius

Lord_Aquarius

In-Game Name:
    Lord_Aquarius

Eh, I'm pretty sure that's not the case. On the last /mine world, I made myself a xp grinder, in the middle of the ocean so the spawning would be isolated to the grinder itself, and even with the mob despawn timers, I got...a lot of xp. If the staff's purpose was to make xp farming harder, it worked, but only for the lazy players. I still don't know exactly why the dungeons were disabled. (maybe ruining the economy of enchanted goods with xp grinders and enchanted books in chests?)

Back on topic, I think this is...an okay idea. The main thing is just saddles. There's nothing else really for random loot chests, other than the free ores/items/blocks that you would get randomly, which I kinda disagree with because it ruins the fun of having to find that resource. Add saddles to the DeityShop! Would that be simple enough? Strip mining actually isn't that bad. Makes the game a bit more challenging.

9. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rmarmorstein
    They spawn while afk.

the ore thing, I could honestly care less, and I'm sure that everyone else can as well. I honestly think that caves are a big enough thing, that they should not be taken away just for a few more ores on the world. So what, the mining world gets reset a little bit more often? I honestly think it would be better that way. I just think that the caves and mineshafts are a big enough minecraft thing, that they are starting to take away from the game, rather than adding to it.

Adding more things to the deityshop is a bad idea, I think. There should, Imo, never be an unobtainable block, it should all be somehow obtainable, I can understand some things, like the golden items, but, every other thing being added to the deityshop is not good for the economy i think. Because there is no market for the item, we all just need to buy it from the deityshop, which, is rather expensive. Most of the things in the deityshop could be implemented somehow in the mining world, or something, and it would make the economy have more of a market to it.

Smartness, ngennaro and tchand like this.
  10. thejacoborg

thejacoborg

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    thejacoborg
    As smcallah briefly talks about in his post here, when caves and dungeons are enabled, cheaters can use xray to locate them and exploit the resources inside. Without caves, the anti-xray plugin levels the playing field and makes using hacks like xray completely useless. If I remember correctly, the anti-xray plugin also obscures chests until you get up close to them. If the new lack of caves, etc. in the mining world was meant to prevent xraying, which I suspect may have been one of the main reasons, I think adding randomly generated chests throughout the world containing saddles would be one of the best ways to combat the low supply.

ngennaro likes this.
  11. ngennaro

ngennaro

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ngennaro
    The way i see it is that chests spawn randomly throughout the world. They should be fairly uncommon (as rare as nether quartz imo to make the contents more valuable) but FILLED with rare/unobtainable goods. Saddles, horse armor, and other items would ONLY be found in these chests. These chests would also be filled with maybe not as rare but still cool loot such as golden armor/apples or maybe player heads of mods/admins. In this way, the chests are not found very often, making the contents inside found very valuable. It balances out because the chests are so rare but the reward is worth the time spent searching for them. Chests could be found at any elevation in any biome. Again, they are as common as nether quartz.

Rmarmorstein and tchand like this.