1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Year of the Mystic

Discussion in 'Kingdoms General' started by squeezal, April 1, 2013.

1. squeezal

squeezal

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    squeezal
    Today I have been on the server for one year!

I remember my first few minutes on Imdeity, I got a fishing rod. I don't remember how I got the sticks, but I punched a few spiders to death and made a rod. This is my first server, and I didn't even know mcmmo existed, so you can imagine how surprised I was when I cast the line and got a pair of old, beat up boots. I don;t wear armor, but I've worn a pair of boots ever since then. Although now, they are enchanted diamond :).

Most of you probably don't know me. I belong to the close knit community of Caldera. The person who accepted me to Caldera was ANDREWSUPERMARIO. He sold me my fist plot, and eventually I became Head Assistant beside him. Before the boom where Caldera gained a lot of very active and talented residents, it used to just be ASM and I late at night. We would plot on ways to improve the town. I thought it would be a good way to celebrate being here 1 year by revealing one of our more secret, and successful plots.

Operation Shawshank

While exploring I discovered a villager penned in a hill on the outskirts of Caldera. There was an abandoned home carved into the hillside. I named him Barry, and quickly covered him up, so no one would kill him. Unfortunetly, he was only selling flint and tinder, which can't even be used on the server, so I left him alone.
    A few days latter, while exploring with zippy656, I found two more villagers, stuck in caves. I named one Gary, and one Harry. Gary wasn't very useful, so I forgot about him, but Harry was buying fish. Quite the catch! I marked his cave with a wool block and moved on. Latter, I introduced ASM to Barry, and, after being lost for half an hour, re-found Harry.
    ASM and I set our /sethome's in Harry's cave and I blocked it off and protected it with a diamond block. Within a day, ANDREWSUPERMARIO almost had a stack of emeralds.
    So, while ASM continued to barter, I talked about villagers with Dekendo, who turned out to be very knowledgeable on the subject. The end result: Barry and Harry had to meet.

[​IMG]

2. squeezal

squeezal

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    squeezal
    The route shown in the map was the path Harry would have to travel to be united with Gary in the hill, shown in the bottom of the picture. It would have to be underground, and, dekendo informed me, well away from any and all doors.
    Two days latter I had a tunnel over 1500 blocks long going under several mountains and an ocean. ASM and I plotted as to the best course of action, and then we moved the villager.
    Now, this is a family friendly server, so when I pushed the villager over 1000 blocks, I'll just say that it looked like we were "having dallious acts" which led to Harry becoming Harriett. I was now married! Call me old fashioned. The next problem was, of course, getting the villager up the hill. I laid tracks leading to a secondary chamber by Gary's hillside hideout.
    We got Harriett in a minecart and with the help of some powered rails, she made a speedy transit. But then, disaster! When I broke the minecart, Harriett disappeared! All that work, just to kill my new wife! I was very unamused to say the least. I moped around the hill for a while then went back to the tunnel to take out the tracks when, joyous news! There was the NPC. True love does conquer all. I latter learned about a glitch that makes mobs invisible when coming out of a minecart.
    Dekendo crated a special village setup which allowed villagers to spawn while protecting them from zombies. Using a minecart, we could transport them to a seperate underground trade center rigged with a secret entrance. The first NPC was a librarian. I named him Squeezal Jr. I was overjoyed that my son followed in my footsteps.
    The trading was quite fun and successful, but soon the reset was announced, so we had to say goodbye to our villagers and prepare for building a new version of Caldera.

3. mas_destruction

mas_destruction

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mas_destruction
    I realize you probably don't remember me other then the brief cookie jokes and contests. But, I was in Caldera last reset. And I remember you had the best shop. (At least I think it was you) Maybe this will help you remember me, I was friends with Robot4561, Punisher_22, and Pnhwill98. You helped make/still are making a great town and would like to congratulate you on not only your 1 year. But your loyalty to a town. I hope the cookies jokes continue as well as you helping Caldera and being an active part of the ImDeity community.

4. squeezal

squeezal

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    squeezal
    Thank you! I remember your friends went on to make Vegas, right? And there will always be cookies!

5. mas_destruction

mas_destruction

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mas_destruction
    Yeah, we did go onto make Vegas, however, it was never quite as fun as the few weeks I remember in Caldera.

6. totalmoobs

totalmoobs

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    totalmoobs
    Dude, that is awesome

squeezal likes this.
  7. thejacoborg

thejacoborg

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    thejacoborg
    You are awesome.
    Here is a sloth.
    [​IMG]

Majora_Unmasked likes this.
  8. squeezal

squeezal

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    squeezal
    Thanks! I love sloths.

thejacoborg likes this.
  9. scoguy7

scoguy7

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    scoguy7
    Recreate recreate recreate

10. shai12345

shai12345

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Shai12345
    Slothsages for everyone :)!

Johndahbomb and thejacoborg like this.
  11. TiitanX

TiitanX

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    TiitanX
  12. RyanRugenus

RyanRugenus

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    RyanRugenus
    Congrats on 1 year! Hope you stay longer like me.

squeezal likes this.
  13. andrewsupermario

andrewsupermario

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    ANDREWSUPERMARIO
    Congrats on your year! I'm so glad you joined Caldera all those months ago. Becoming friends with you has honestly been one of the best things about this server!

I think it all started when Simon decided to have a house contest in Caldera. We were so excited when CTTheschism agreed to be the judge of the contest.
    http://www.imdeity.com/threads/looking-for-a-mod-to-judge-a-contest-in-caldera.10018/#post-106439 (There you are, entry #11)
    You had pretty much just joined Caldera. But I knew when I saw the inside of your house that you HAD to join the contest. You won with your mystical interior design, hands down. No one else came close!
    (I wish I had a screenshot of the inside of your old house) Well, you went on to bigger and better things, and built bigger and better houses...and that very first house became a historical landmark in Old Caldera.

Its been so much fun hanging out with you these many late nights! You have so many talents. Seriously! Your written tales of Caldera are fantastic and entertaining! Plus the computer program you made about Caldera was completely awesome!! (I wanted to supply the link to it, but not sure if you want it to go so public...you decide) All the characters are great! And OMG remember the Great Wall of Caldera!??? Your design was amazing and the whole town bonded as we all built the tremendous wall together. You can see a picture of the wall here in his Great Build Submission You would walk the wall almost every evening counting how many places were griefed... and I would try to guess, lol.

To anyone reading this, we may seem like a quiet bunch in Caldera since we don't usually talk it up in global chat, but we are a very active and close knit little town. I think one of the reasons why Caldera has been so strong and successful this whole year is because of people like Squeezal. He is a solid and genuinely nice guy. We are so lucky to have him as our Head Senior Assistant of Caldera, Grand Vizier of the Guardians Kingdom and always the official Giver of Cookies. (Don't forget to come by my shop [/mall green 6] for a taste of his delicious homemade cookies! *shameless shop plug*)

I raise my glass (bottle o' enchanting) to you, Squeezal! Cheers! And congratulations again!!

SimonFCDallas and squeezal like this.
  14. iSquared

iSquared

• Senior Moderator
    • Gold
    In-Game Name:
    iSquared
    Congrats :D I'm a few days late, but hey! It's about the point that you've been here for -longer than;)- a year!

~Panda

15. smexycweeper

smexycweeper

Congratulations! squeezal is awesome. :p I love your cookies xD