1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox One vs. PS4

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Brandon_148, October 8, 2013.

1. Brandon_148

Brandon_148

In-Game Name:
    Brandon_148
    I realize this conversation might cause a Fire Fight here so please keep it clean and relevant. This is a conversation based off the upcoming systems. Express your opinions and state facts. This conversation is open to conversation of other systems but try to bring the talk back to the two main consoles.

Last edited: October 8, 2013
    Majora_Unmasked likes this.
  2. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    I'm kind of more oriented towards the Wii U, simply because I'm a LoZ nerd and I've been raised more towards Nintendo. Please don't quote me and make me the subject of an argument, I'm not gonna try and force my opinion on anyone else.

3. Brandon_148

Brandon_148

In-Game Name:
    Brandon_148
    This can be about any system, doesn't got to be Xbox or PS4. That's just the Main Topic.

Majora_Unmasked likes this.
  4. ripper34

ripper34

In-Game Name:
    XxNight_shadowxX
    I grew up in Baha with a ps1, so.... Ps4 all the way :p , although I do have fond memories with my Xbox, I think One was a drastic attempt to compete with Sony.

IceCooper likes this.
  5. IceCooper

IceCooper

I think I might buy the ps4 because with the turn of stations I think i will be fun to try a different game system instead of xbox360

6. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    Most games nowadays come with a hefty multiplayer feature built into it. I don't see why i should have to pay an additional 10-15$ a month to play online via microsoft when i can have the same capability with Sony for free. In the past i've just purchased both systems and only used xbox for exclusive games. This time around i think i'm only going to go Sony and just leave xbox behind.

Microsoft's initial design plans made a very sour taste in my mouth that wont be washed away easily. Not permitting you to lend games to friends by using DRM; forcing you to have internet connectivity while playing; region blocking; indie developers are forced to sign with a publisher. Sure they removed the drm after they saw how much they angered the gaming community, but they still lost a lot of points by having the audacity to attempt it to begin with. I'm just not interested in giving them any of my money this time around.

7. Brandon_148

Brandon_148

In-Game Name:
    Brandon_148
    I pre-ordered the PS4 and I bought the Xbox 360. It's the best of both worlds. I can play Halo 4 AND play GTA 5 and Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. I know I could of done all that on Xbox 1 but i enjoy Playstation, I didn't want to pay 80 more dollars for the Xbox 1. I enjoy Playstation but honestly, Xbox is my favorite system.

Sony wanted to attract more buyers so they lowered their Xbox price... and PS4 is STILL cheaper. Lol, Xbox tryhards...

Last edited by a moderator: October 8, 2013
  8. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    Lucky, i tried to preorder a ps4 but i couldn't find anyone that still had preorders available. I may end up having to buy one on ebay or something along those lines. I'm sure not going to go wait in line at midnight on launch day since my girlfriend would probably disown me if i did :p

Majora_Unmasked and Brandon_148 like this.
  9. Brandon_148

Brandon_148

In-Game Name:
    Brandon_148
    I wouldn't buy a PS4 on Ebay. Alot of people got scammed when the Xbox 360 and PS3 came out. I know that was awhile ago but it would suck to pay 400 for the PS4 and then get scammed. You can try, but I recommend find another shopping website. I checked on Ebay and they PS3 they they sell are about $100-$200 more then the original price.

10. matrich99

matrich99

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    matrich99
    I always have been a PS fan. Recently I didn't like how PS handle there PS3 with the price and the release titles were sub-par. XBox360 was all about the gamers and that is why I think it did so well. It sold at a fair price and had the right release titles to boot. This time I think its the total opposite with PS4 being about the right price now for the release titles I believe they are tied but I say PS4 has got this generation, or at lease the beginning of this generation. If I had a choice I would choice PS4 but I'm more of a PC gamer now so the need for a system becomes less and less important as more so called "exclusives" coming out on the systems are coming out on the PC so I don't need a console anymore.

Brandon_148 likes this.
  11. Mojinax

Mojinax

• VIP
    In-Game Name:
    Mojinax
    P.C.

Consoles don't deserve the light of day. They're just overpriced, downgraded computers that hook into your TV with less function. Hook your PC up to your TV and grab a controller if you really care enough to. Better quality, more stability. You buy crap so Microsoft and Sony can produce even worse crap for more money. Pointless.

The technology is already out there, far more advanced than these consoles. The only thing that stands out from computers is stuff like the Wii and Kinect for Xbox, which is also stupid. Talk about breeding laziness. Go outside and throw a ball. And the workout games just leave you with an electricity bill while giving you the same, if not a worse workout that you could do without a TV.

ImNotBlackesy and Brandon_148 like this.
  12. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    But Sony is requiring a PlayStation Plus subscription for online multiplayer on the PS4. They say they've invested a lot of money in their online infrastructure and it would be "absurd" for it to be free.

I wouldn't say they're overpriced. A PC that costs the same price as a console would be about as capable as that console. You're not getting the top of the line graphics or processing power that is going to make the PC better than a console for the price of a console.

How do you figure it is better quality or more stable? There are many PC manufacturers that make junk. Maybe if you build your own you can call it quality, as you know what went into it. But the quality only goes as far as the parts you bought. And trying to make a PC that is the price of a console isn't going to get you a box full of quality parts.

And more stable? A console runs the OS that was built for it with drivers that were designed and tested for its specific hardware, hardware which is always the same. A PC has an OS that was designed by Microsoft or an open source OS with some drivers missing. And the PC hardware is all driver dependent, some built into Windows or Linux, but many requiring you to install drivers that you then have to keep up to date as problems are found. And depending on the company you got the part from, maybe problems never fixed.

I love my PC and play more games on it, but never will I think it is more stable than my consoles. Not when I have games that crash for no reason, and look around for a fix, only to find different message boards all with people with the same problem, and no patch from the developer. And they have no real drive to fix it when it works for the majority of players on other PC hardware. And I'm not going to buy a different video card just to play a game.

With a console game, if there is a problem with a game crashing, it is going to crash on all consoles, because the hardware is identical, and the problem would be fixed as soon as they can get a patch out.

13. dorseythehorsey

dorseythehorsey

Xbox one for the win!!!! It has better games and the online experience is so better!!!

Brandon_148 likes this.
  14. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    I hadn't heard that but i just googled and it was confirmed by a good number of sources. Sigh, i really don't play console enough to make it worth $50 a year. Though, the 20-30 days a year that i do play it i end up playing online. They should just have a daily rate of like 50 cents :p I'll likely buy the plus subscription, but i wont be happy about it. It really raises the cost to about $800 for the console, assuming it has a lifespan of 8 years. Granted, the machine itself is probably worth close to that amount anyway.

15. Brandon_148

Brandon_148

In-Game Name:
    Brandon_148
    For the PS4, you have to pay for internet. Free internet was the main reason why everyone bought Playstation. Now the only advantage playstation has is that their system cost $80 less. I have lost my respect for playstation. Welcome back Xbox

16. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    Aaaaaand there's still the Wii U :D

Brandon_148 likes this.
  17. Brandon_148

Brandon_148

In-Game Name:
    Brandon_148
    Yes and the Wii U. Zombies U is kinda fun...

18. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    I cannot wait for Wind Waker HD :D My parents won't let me get Wii U though so I can only find out what it's like from zelda fansites

Brandon_148 likes this.
  19. matrich99

matrich99

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    matrich99
    When it comes to the systems themselves the PS4 packs a lot more for the price. And although you do need to pay to play online games with the PS4 you also need to with the XBOX one which just keep it at the same level as XBOX. With PS Plus (If they keep most of the same functions) you get free games every now and then. And now they are sporting some TV streaming. Right now it seems like the channels are MTV, Comedy Central, and Nickelodeon and one other with them trying to get Time Warner and Disney which could mean ESPN which will release about the same time as the PS4 coming out. I would say that Sony is bringing a lot to the table and could mean big for fans of the system and company as well. And there is always the PC which has Internet for the price of your ISP :p.

Brandon_148 likes this.
  20. Brandon_148

Brandon_148

In-Game Name:
    Brandon_148
    Majora, you should get the Xbox and get the game Fifa 14. It's pretty cool. For the players watching this thread, has anyone played GTA 5 yet? I heard from Gawkan it's a good game.

Gawkan likes this.