1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

What Class Should I Be?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by LordRafiel, December 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordRafiel

LordRafiel

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    _Rhuwa
    I can't decide what class I should choose. I would like to start a town in the future, but I will struggle getting the money. I would like to create lifts. Also, I would like to start a shop for some extra income.
    I guess, what I'm saying is: What class would you recommend?

2. iSquared

iSquared

• Senior Moderator
    • Gold
    In-Game Name:
    iSquared
    If you want to be a mayor, go for Lord. Make some friends with people who have different classes for builds and money etc.
    For shops, you have to be a Vendor, indeed.. But as I said, making friends is the best way to do this :)

Note; this is my opinion.

shai12345 likes this.
  3. LordRafiel

LordRafiel

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    _Rhuwa
    Thanks, that's all I want. Your opinions.

4. ParkerAS

ParkerAS

• Vip
    You have the same aspirations I have lol. Creating a town will take some time. I would start as a merchant to become a vendor until you have enough money to sustain a town.

5. aRuHZoNa

aRuHZoNa

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    aRuHZoNa
    If I were you, I would get vendor first and get a shop to make money. Once you get money, become a lord and make a town. Hire a laborer to place lifts and redstone for you, that's why they are there.

*Note that a shop may seem like a big investment but it will make you enough money for a town over time. Also you cannot own a shop and be a lord at the same time, nor can you own a town and be a vendor. So you might want to have someone else make the town for you and be an assistant, so you can still own a shop.

6. BitOfAle

BitOfAle

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    BitOfAle
    craftsmen is best choice as starting out, you can place water and later do other cool stuff

7. Lord_Aquarius

Lord_Aquarius

In-Game Name:
    Lord_Aquarius
    Ahh...I remember when I first started out just like you, deciding what class to choose. Obviously, being a mayor of a town is really cool. Is that what you want to do though? I've learned that money is pretty hard to get, especially to a major procrastinator like me. I've co-mayored a few successful towns, and I've learned the ways. Making a town to become "great" takes a lot of time, money, and patience. 3 of those, I don't have. Long story short, it's not easy to manage a town. I usually leave them to other capable people as I do my own stuff. If you have the guts and glory, you can choose this class.

As for becoming a Merchant class, that can be a way to go. Currently, it's probably the most profitable class because the shops are implemented. You can earn a salary starting up 2 towns with a successful shop. To do that though, you need a balance of money beforehand, as well as a keen eye for deals, and time to collect items for your shop. So far, Shops > All other classes' advantages in my eyes, unless you want to go town making.

Last but not least, is the Laborer class. My class. Well, you basically get the normal vanilla privileges that the server restricts. Placing redstone, making craftsbukkit lifts and stuff, placing cactus. I guess the most useful is placing water currently, but even with the rapid influx of silk touches and ice, its not even worth it anymore. Enchanting pickaxes and tools, should have been limited to Laborers only, but for some reason, the plugin isn't doing its best. The promised things, however are pretty nice. Craftsbukkit items such as moving gates, animated doors, lightswitches and such are all pluses. Mcmmo things should be better, however I haven't really checked them currently.

It's mostly just about what you want. I've listed a FEW pros and cons, there's definitely more than that. It's all up to you.

angryjukebox and aRuHZoNa like this.
  8. Owenle

Owenle

In-Game Name:
    SpencerBr
    It really depends on what you want to do. Making a town: Noble, Making and placing special things: craftsmen, getting lower prices and making shops: merchant.

9. LordRafiel

LordRafiel

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    _Rhuwa
    What I forgot to mention is: I have a friend who is a vendor. Right now she is raising the money to bid on a shop, then later start a town. We planned to start the town together.

10. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    I would go craftsman or merchant, I would only pick lord if you have aspirations to make a town (making a town yourself is a terrible idea, get some friends, share the fun and the costs) or become a lord because you are (soon to be/want to be) an assistant of a town. Assistants recieve an hourly paycheck of up to 80d at Lord rank, which adds up if your game-time adds up.

I would strongly suggest people making their own town's before having been an assistant, managing towns isn't the easiest thing to do and if you have alot of friends, you might want to pass on the mayorship to somebody else and make money/use redstone and craftbook items yourself.

Good luck!

11. Arwenden

Arwenden

• Senior Moderator
    In-Game Name:
    Arwenden

I guess you mean, you strongly do not suggest people making their own town before having the experience of guiding/ruling one?

Taking responsibility for something as huge as a town isn't that easy, you will need time and you have to get established into the community/rules and such. I know it from my own experience, I've always been a kind of 'leading' person, always trying to take too much in my own hands (which is not good at all). However, I already learned before hand that it can be a heavy burden for someone to be a leader as it isn't always the funniest/nicest/amazing task. It has it's ups and downs. I was prepared for a 'leading role', but many unfortunately are not. Now I am not saying that I am a good ruler, maybe I am not at all, but I got some experience before.
    I would suggest taking the merchant/laborer class, as it is easier to fit into the society that way. You can always switch later on, when you are really sure you want to make and lead a town. But it isn't the best strategy to do it right away with no idea of our server and such. ;)

Choosing between Laborer or Merchant is entirely up to you: Do you like to build more, or do you like to sell/buy things? We can only advise you what to do but in the end it is your own decision.

Have fun, and enjoy your time in our great society! If you ever encounter any other problems you can always ask. ;)

12. sirlollzzzz

sirlollzzzz

i would suggest that you become a merchant so you can make money then become a lord so you can buy a town with the money you made as a merchant

13. Devboy915

Devboy915

In-Game Name:
    Devboy915
    If you want to own a town Lord is the way to go, because lords are the only class that can make a town/

14. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Since the same things are being re-suggested, and there are already other posts all over the forums about this, I'm going to close this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.