1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Voting for Diamonds

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by SharpyArcher, February 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SharpyArcher

SharpyArcher

In-Game Name:
    SharpyArcher
    Bring the voting for diamonds back! I realize that this may have given a lot of people too many diamonds, but I didn't even get to do it since I joined in January!

2. Qazz

Qazz

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Qazz
    We did have voting for diamonds in the past, and while I can't specifically remember why it was removed, I believe it was removed due to having too many diamonds in circulation, therefore driving their prices down in the economy. Players used to get three diamonds when voting, and that was a bit excessive. Especially with the 200 dei also provided when voting.

If something such as 1 diamond and 200 dei were the voting reward, I could see it being feasible, however anything more than that might be excessive.

Also, per rule number seven on the suggestions guidelines, you should not make one lined suggestions. Try adding a bit more to support your idea next time? It might help sell your idea to others!

Have a good one,
    Qazz

3. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    I think it was removed because the plugin for it broke, and the sites which counted the upvotes were not as relevant to the server as mcserverstatus. And yes, the vote for diamonds were contributing to the diamond inflation, but only for raw diamonds. The diamond tool inflation was caused by the donor perks giving away tool kits. Although tools are still cheap, raw diamonds and diamond armor are at a more stable price then before.

4. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    The reason for removing diamond voting rewards was that there was no confirmation from the voting site that the player actually voted, and the only "verification" was a minute timeout. People learned to exploit this fact by simply clicking the voting link and waiting until diamonds appeared in the inventory.

5. SharpyArcher

SharpyArcher

In-Game Name:
    SharpyArcher
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.