1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrade your rank.

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by SirTim62, March 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirTim62

SirTim62

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    SirTim62
    Hey all I have been playing mine-craft for over 2 years and have been a member of imdeity for 1 and a half. I really like the ways things work in the server. Here is my suggestion. For upgrading for rank. It seems a little lopsided. I without doing anything special got everything checked off the list except the creative build but I have no prob with that but curently it has problems of it's own. Now to the problem. Getting 20 forum posts is very difficult for me. I am a shy guy I like to play online games. But man all these forum rules to post all proper and whatnot. Not that is impossible this will be # 17 but allot of my posts are for all the games on forum. Now how does this help the kingdoms. Up the online play time and lower the forum posts maybe or up the required votes winwin. Oh well still love the server.

2. Sephronia

Sephronia

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Sephronia
    Hi SirTim,

The Post Count part of the Class Rank Upgrade is used to encourage involvement in the Forums, as most server information is through them, and we would very much prefer if people regularly used them. It is used to indicate that people can correctly follow the Forum rules and want to participate in the community in an intelligent way. Spam posts are usually deleted, with the purpose of trying to reinforce the encouragement for people to post in an intelligent way, whether in their Town Thread, Suggestions or in the Forum Games. The Forum Games allow most people a much easier way to up their Forum Post count if they find it harder in other areas.
    You've asked how do Forum Game posts help the server. Are you suggesting that perhaps we should remove Forum Games from the Post Count, as they seem to not help the server?

You've indicated that it is hard for you to post elsewhere besides the Forum Games. My only advice, as I can see you have been part of the server for almost 2 years, would be to try to help new people and answer their questions. You've already shown that you can make an intelligent suggestion post so it should not be particularly hard to get more in a similar manner.
    I would counter with the claim that increasing the online play time would encourage AFKing, which in my eyes, does not help the server. Increasing the vote count would help the server get a higher ranking, however people should -already- be voting every day anyway for their free 200 dei.

Many thanks,
    Seph

3. SirTim62

SirTim62

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    SirTim62
    Point taken. I see for upgrade now i need 50 posts. Thanks for the counter post!

asdfjkll and Sephronia like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.