1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Sub forum for for games

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by thecrazyman11, September 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecrazyman11

thecrazyman11

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    thecrazyman11
    Hi. It's been wails since I've posted any suggestions. Today a lot of forum posts and popular forum in the general discussion are forum games. I know it's called general discussions but really it's not a disscusion but a game.

2. Lord__Xemnas

Lord__Xemnas

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Lord__Xemnas
    From the title I can see what you mean but the post in itself is quite hard to understand. Are you just stating that there are a lot of forum games or that there should be a game section on the forum? If it's the ladder then I suggest making your post just a little more clear so everyone can grasp your idea.
    It's a good suggestion, just a little hard to read.

3. thecrazyman11

thecrazyman11

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    thecrazyman11
    That is what I am saying, I'm just not very descriptive

4. KiddieWish

KiddieWish

In-Game Name:
    KiddieWish
    This has actually been suggested before in the staff forums and the documentation department felt the forums is fine as it is.

Since there is a post count requirement for classes, specifically making a subforum for forum games would likely raise the amount of spam that the forum team already has to deal with. This wouldn't be worth making just a subforum for such an area.

The general discussions subforum is fine as it is for anything that doesn't fit in the other subforums, which includes forum games.

xdysfunkx likes this.
  5. JuanAdrian1079

JuanAdrian1079

In-Game Name:
    JuanAdrian1079
    I personally agree with Kiddie there will be too much spam going on then you don't need sub-forums for EVERYTHING. Maybe it might be a little off-topic but just slightly, forum games are the slightly off-topic ones where it's a game but it's also a sorta discussion too.

6. Lord__Xemnas

Lord__Xemnas

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Lord__Xemnas
    I don't know if this can be done or not but is there a way to have a post NOT count? What I'm saying is to have the forum games go there but any posts made to that subforum are not counted as part of your post count. In theory that should reduce the number of spam for your account upgrade and keep the posts that count as legit as possible.

Johndahbomb likes this.
  7. KiddieWish

KiddieWish

In-Game Name:
    KiddieWish
    Yes, this was also brought into account.

But as I said, the forums was deemed as OK as it is right now. The forum moderators are able to handle the spam/posts just for post count at the moment so we don't see this as a problem that forum games go in general discussions.

One of the new rules to general discussions subforum is you must have ten posts before even being able to post there so if you see anybody with less than ten posts in that subforum, feel free to report it.

8. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    I would actually say that the amount of forum games played daily is about 5, I don't think it's that much.

I have been begging Deity for disallowing people to get to general discussions before 10 posts or not make them count. However he did not want that for various reasons.

I agree with Kiddie, the forums are good as they are now, a art/creative forum section would be the first to be added tough, as there is much creativeness going on.

Lord__Xemnas likes this.
  9. thecrazyman11

thecrazyman11

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    thecrazyman11
    Go ahead lock this, my question has been answered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.