1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Something for Craftsmen

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by mas_destruction, February 26, 2013.

1. SpeedyGonzales9

SpeedyGonzales9

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    SpeedyGonzales9
    I believe that instead of eliminating the Silk Touch on ice for everyone, it could be an MCMMO perk, if they are ever to return. As for the water placing price, it could be lowered down or just be used by everyone, which I believe is a bad idea since water is much easier to obtain than ice and people would just make areas look ugly or flooded. But as for adding any further traits to the Laborer class, do they not already have a lot of perks? I mean they have the ability to place lifts, which are really useful especially to those newer/noobish players who are to lazy to walk down stairs. They also have the ability to place rails, redstone, and pistons, which in turn can be used by many players to create great constructions, unless that individual has no use for them, which I believe they should not pick the class if they don't plan to use it. Therefore the laborer may not have the same amount of perks as the Merchant and Lord class, but can perform more activities with the trait.
    If there is a plan to add another level of the Laborer class, they should be able to place lava/fire/dispensers but at a great cost. I'm not sure if the Laborer class needs to own a specific place as the lord and merchants do. I mean they are workers, they perform jobs. Nobles and Merchants need to own a specific area such as a town or shop, otherwise their status is almost useless. If a noble did not own a town or helped run one, then all they could do is log check. I'm not sure anyone is excited for log checks unless they were living alone. As for the merchant, without a shop, all they can do is auction, which are not quite as popular. Laborers on the other hand, are good either if they are in a town or outside of one, they are not effected in anyway. I personally believe that the Laborer class is already great as it is. I do not believe that owning a specific trait would improve it. If so, feel free to prove me wrong.

ngennaro likes this.
  2. MrGhoster

MrGhoster

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    MrGhoster
    Right now Laborers only have one true perk. Lift signs. All the other abilities they have are vanilla minecraft things they have access to. I think the biggest problem is that craftsmen just don't feel special. Look at it this way, take away the whole class system and only one thing changes for us, while everyone else loses what makes their class a class.

3. SpeedyGonzales9

SpeedyGonzales9

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    SpeedyGonzales9
    Which is exactly what I already stated. The laborer class does not need anything special, as for lords and merchants, its the only thing that even keeps them as a class. The way I remember it, before shops were being sold and the map was reset, almost everyone was a Laborer. The fact that there was a map restart, it was a great chance for people to become nobles and create towns on an entirely new area. The shops gave a whole reason to become a merchant, there were almost no merchants whatsoever before shops and auctions. Laborers were never edited and are about as popular as they ever were. So In conclusion, if there is a trait added to the laborer class, it should be of gaining for the laborer class, not of losing for all other citizens. Instead of ridding of silk touch on ice, add the ability to place blocks such as lava, dispensers or fire.

4. MrGhoster

MrGhoster

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    MrGhoster
    Oh yes, I completely agree nothing should be removed from other classes.

I for one don't want ice removed from silk touch at all, especially since it can be used for building. I don't want enchanting to be limited to craftsmen either, but that might just be my opinion. Limiting people's current abilities will just make people frustrated and no one wants that. Of course it's Deity's choice to do whatever he wants, I just keep hoping that my choice to never leave the craftsman class doesn't amount to me just ruining my ability to make money. xD

ngennaro and SpeedyGonzales9 like this.
  5. Typodestoyer

Typodestoyer

In-Game Name:
    Typodestoyer
    I, for one, feel that the point of the class system (correct me if I'm wrong) is that each class, on its own, has the ability to do well in the world, and when you have a mix, they will thrive. I feel that the craftsman doesn't bring much to a group as of this moment. The merchant allows for a good economy, and the lord allows for a system of towns and politics, but all craftsmen can do is place rails, redstone, pistons, and lift signs, which doesn't allow for a system of anything. This allows for quite a few ideas to come into existence, but compared to the other perks, this really isn't a lot. I feel that the craftsmen should bring in a new system- a system of technology. I will take back my suggestion about the ice (I see your point), but I don't see how even adding lava, fire, and dispensers would make craftsmen able to "perform more activities" than nobles or merchants as a whole. I think that there should be some other non-Vanilla Minecraft creation that craftsmen can place besides lift signs. If you took away the Noble class, politics would crash for everyone. If you took away the Merchant class, the economy would crash for everyone. If you took away the Craftsman class, much fewer people would be affected.

6. SpeedyGonzales9

SpeedyGonzales9

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    SpeedyGonzales9
    I view craftsman as the loyal assistants of the economy. They help create wonderful constructions, and with the addition of items such as lava, fire and dispensers, they can then add even greater traits to the builds. Wether it be decoration, great mechanisms such as showers, or even a light source. They have the ability to create wonderful projects, although not all will, but they are what can help strive the builds of ImDeity, making it a more glamorous world.

7. mas_destruction

mas_destruction

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mas_destruction
    I agree with all you said above. But could you also share how this could become a reality? What should happen to allow fire and so on.

8. SpeedyGonzales9

SpeedyGonzales9

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    SpeedyGonzales9
    W
    It could be a trait of another level. So when you upgrade from a laborer to say a "mason", you could then be able to place lava, fire, dispensers, etc.
    This would not be of concern for greif because only masons would be able to place it; and chances are, there are nubs who greif that will create "great builds". There could also be the possibility of removing the ability of all players, besides masons, to hold lava buckets. Therefore other players could use dispensers but not place them or insert lava buckets to greif. Or if players would not make up that sacrifice because they use it for smelting, they still would not be able to greif since a mason would have to place a dispenser at the greif sight, which would be dumb of them and it would cost a lot. The lava could also be programmed to not be able to run or catch items on fire. Along with the fire as well.

9. mas_destruction

mas_destruction

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mas_destruction
    This does not pertain to anything above...

Majora_Unmasked likes this.
  10. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    Coolguy, please READ the posts before posting on the thread. Don't just go off the title.

11. JeremyRecker

JeremyRecker

i like this idea

i do think that the thing that they add shouldn't be the instant break like in creative that would be to easy
    unless they made it to were you could instant break only when on your plot for easy construction

12. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    I find it amusing how majora quotes mas_ while talking to someone else. "Quick! Send mas_ an alert and not the person who was spamming!" lol :p

But yeah, that post and several others were removed for being spam, just so no one thinks what was said above was directed at speedy ;)

13. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    I meant it in conjunction to what he was saying XD

14. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    I know, usually people do +1 after quoting it that way though, so I found it funny :p

15. Tychonyx

Tychonyx

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tychonyx
    Perhaps a good craftsman perk could be that they would be the only people who can use silk touch picks. that way they could have a place in the economy (getting ores and this fixes the "bucket of water is worse than using ice" thing) or possibly if they could have more mcMMO levels so that when they gather stuff, they can have more levels than other people.

16. star_trio

star_trio

In-Game Name:
    star_trio
    Perhaps a compromise between completely restricting enchanting and keeping enchanting open to all. While everyone would still have access to enchanting, by using the new command block code and a comparator when the server updates to 1.5, an area for craftsmen could be establish with the potential for higher enchantments. So the public area would only have maybe 6-8 bookshelves, while the craftsmen area has the entire 15.

17. will_kim

will_kim

In-Game Name:
    will_kim
    So, I agree with star_trio, allowing the craftsman to gain the access to higher enchantment abilities by having the level cap of enchantment for them
    depending on their tier (Lowest 10 - Highest 30) whereas normal people only get to access only 5 for enchanting items.

I also think they should be able to access anvils to produce better quality items through the usage of books, and with the use of the command block
    I think there are a whole array of possibilities for the Craftsman... GO CRAFTSMAN! XD

18. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    How would the command blocks help craftsmen? You have to be in creative and an op on the server to enter commands into a command block, so regular players wouldn't be able to place and set them.

19. star_trio

star_trio

In-Game Name:
    star_trio
    I didn't mean that craftsmen would be the one setting up the area, just using it. Deity would probably be the one having to set it up since it is his server, more than likely going into the University since the school of enchanting is already there. And the inability for players to set them would also hopefully keep them from messing with it to get around it to use the craftsmen area.

Of course I accept my idea may not be feasible or possible. There may not be anyone with the time or permission to set such an area up. Not to mention there are probably people still against the idea as it would still add some restrictions to enchanting, which has been opposed in this thread.

20. RLindsey2

RLindsey2

• Sponsor
    What about the 5.0 items? Why not let craftman class be able to place hoppers and other redstone items. The hoppers would help immensly in the craftman class alone.