1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Skyrim Vs. Fallout 3 New Vegas

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ExciledOveRide, November 19, 2011.

1. Dudeh93

Dudeh93

In-Game Name:
    Dudeh93
    Skyrim takes Fallout anytime

2. valdemarian

valdemarian

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    valdemarian
    Skyrim, i'm a huge fan of the whole medival theme thing.
    Fallout3 & New Vegas were good games though, there are a dozen DLC's for these that expanded gameplay greatly.

3. Bobnine

Bobnine

In-Game Name:
    Bobnine
    Skyrim.
    despite it being watered down for console gamers, Its story and atmosphere is like nothing I have ever experienced. I have not played Fallout Vegas, but I have watched someone play it, and it looks like little to no improvements on Fallout 3 with exception to setting and story. I could be completely wrong though, so if you feel wronged by my statements, feel free to drop me a line in game.

4. fergfin

fergfin

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    fergfin
    SKYRIM!!!!!!! woooooooh!

5. Bac0nati0n

Bac0nati0n

In-Game Name:
    Bac0nati0n
    They are both great games with a great story. I'm half and half.

Unless you compare them graphics wise, but only noob gamers judge games only by graphics.

6. rob_church

rob_church

In-Game Name:
    rob_church
    i have to say skyrim, fallout 3 was my favorite game of all time right after morrowind but skyrim beats fallout hands down skyrim was realesed just under 2 weeks ago now and i have a 180 hours into it across 3 charecters, 80 hours for a singel play throught and i still had alot of missions left i can not say the same aobut fallout 3 or new vegas.
    its is a simplfied version of prevoius titles in regard to leveling and what not but it works well, not quite as static in items and enemys as morrowind the enemys will still scale with you to a degree but a giant leap up form oblivion in almsot every regard
    i used to say fallout 3 is what oblivion should have been but now skyrim says it all.

now with these beautful graphics and engine i wish they would remake morrowind that would be epic.
    fingers crossed for bethesdsa next game :)

7. Lavitz

Lavitz

In-Game Name:
    Erentai
    Both! I could never choose between two of my favorite series

8. ashmender

ashmender

In-Game Name:
    AshMender
  9. TheIntruder

TheIntruder

In-Game Name:
    TheAnusIntruder
    They're 2 different games on (Practically) the same engine.
    While the genres are too different to compare im going to have to say Fallout 3 and New Vegas had me hooked for ages.
    Fallout had a unique feel that i didn't see elsewhere.
    Skyrim's theme feels slightly cliche despite it being awesome. I just feel all the names and powers and the whole thing has been done before.
    Although, Skyrim IS an amazing game, no doubt, and i feel it's unfair to compare 2 games with such a different theme.

TL;DR I prefer New Vegas & they can't really be compared.

10. UpMax

UpMax

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    UpMax
    I think they are both great games, but if I were to pick, I would go with Skyrim. I just like the setting in which Skyrim is better

11. Danidlen

Danidlen

fallout your actions may be punished and you can get jumped for what your wearing LOL!:D

12. Artemis315

Artemis315

In-Game Name:
    Artemis315
    I loved fallout 3, but New Vegas was a disappointment. Between Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas it would definitely have to be Skyrim. It's the dragons...

13. FizzleCrank

FizzleCrank

In-Game Name:
    FizzleCrank
    I have to say a few things to this one of which is fallout3, in itself was a good enough game but in no way did it keep to the story line of the previous fallouts 1 and 2, in effect it was a different game in post-apocolyptic setting that just had the name fallout. Now New Vegas on the other hand, within the first 10 minutes there were references to Klamath and a crashed vertibird, if anyone else had played the fallout games, there is a crashed vertibird in fallout 2 outside the first big town u come across called Klamath. That immediately for me beat fallout 3 just with that small part there, then there were several references to the destroyed enclave, that are dotted about that your able to recruit for the final battle (EPIC) Marcus the super mutant that you travel with in fallout 2 is the leader of a super mutant town in new vegas. and the Eye bots, Navarro, and all the other small references to the previous titles, all these little connections made for me New Vegas into the proper Fallout 3

now people are comparing open world of new vegas to skyrim and saying there is more to do, well, technically, no, they are both equally BIG maybe one is bigger than the other but there is tonnes of places to go in skyrim and in new vegas the DLC's in new vegas expand the world even more, plus u have crafting in both games, though for me, the crafting in skyrim is better so point skyrim for that.

Both games have small random events that you can come across and interact with during your travels which for me is always a big plus to open world dynamics, Skyrim has badass dragons, Giants and numerous mythical monsters, New Vegas has DeathClaws, Radioactive Ghouls and Super Mutants

Lockpicking mechanism used in Skyrim is a blatent rip from the lockpicking mechanism of New Vegas and its predecssors

For me to choose one though is a difficult one, as you can probably guess from thsi post i love love LOVE the fallout series, absolute love it but, im also loving Skyrim its huge, its graphically amazing, it has as ive pointed out similar game style to Fallout so has that massive open world feel to it.

If forced to choose i would probably pick Fallout because im a fanboi but i am Loving skyrim , i mean come on DRAGONS!!!!

14. RickyBobby

RickyBobby

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    xRickyBobbyx
    K well i just played skyrim and it reminds me slightly of the gameplay of Fallout. However skyrim is build way better than new vegas. Skyrim wins this one.

15. TheTrueXono

TheTrueXono

In-Game Name:
    XonoTheDude
    I would say skyrim because you get chose different race types and ever side quest are interesting like the main story line
    I actually was doing a side quest thinking it was the main one I have not yet finished the story line since there is much to explore so I would say killing dragons and then absorbing their power so freaken cool!

16. wee_guy_999

wee_guy_999

In-Game Name:
    wee_guy_999
    Skyrim, 'Nuff said

17. LumberyJack

LumberyJack

In-Game Name:
    LumberyJack
    Skyrim ftw :)

Maxed lockpick/sneak and working on onehand perks... assassinating people is so much fun 15x damage each dagger ..

with daedric daggers i can take down giants in one slap sneaking from behind

18. tomo5000

tomo5000

In-Game Name:
    tomo5000
    Skyrim :) I love the whole epicness of seeing a dragon falling to the floor.

19. mrsideshow

mrsideshow

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    mrsideshow
    new vegas. i'm a massive fan of the es series but i don't like skyrim. if you want somehting that beats both play the elder scrolls 4: oblivion

20. Justin Watkins

Justin Watkins

In-Game Name:
    frostfire354
    Skyrim!

1)Great storyline

2)Giant world

3)IT'S SO PRETTY!