1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Server Updated to 1.3

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ImDeity, August 5, 2012.

1. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    probably but it would take a while for those plugins to restart

2. nickyui

nickyui

Cant Wait for the next MC update cause theres gonna be frames for your items cant wait

3. AlexFeenix

AlexFeenix

In-Game Name:
    AlexFeenix
    I don't understand how we connect to the mine world?

4. InsanityKing

InsanityKing

When is creative open?

5. covers1624

covers1624

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    covers1624
    to connect to mining world in game type /mine and wait for it to disconnect you then add another server with the ip of mine.imdeity.com and there you go make sure you do /main to get back to main other wise your inv gets wiped i lernt the hard way :p

artsgal likes this.
  6. mbonachea

mbonachea

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mbonachea
    Use the IP creative.imdeity.com to login to it

7. Watsen56

Watsen56

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    watsen56
    I mean what is the priority of fixing the bugs and chats that remain broken? I see new work going on with the PVP world when e main world is still not working well. I dont want to "bash" but we are losing veterans and I would be lying if I said I wasnt looking at other servers. The talk of the server is of people leaving. I dont want to leave, but server population is so low compared to others. Not to mention every other server has shops and chat that actually works. Prominent players are talking about leaving and we are working on a pvp world. It really seems like working on something that affects 50% of players rather than working on someing that effects 100% is a poor use of time. Once again Im sorry for posting this, but it makes me mad, and other veterans, that this server isnt what it used to be. As far as new players being recruited, we cant keep them. Server rollbacks and rendering issues, chat channels not working, and losing veterans which are the backbone of the server wont attract people. Not to mention it will only get worse if our dev team doesnt get the simple basics of a minecraft server fixed. If we cant even get the basics working to lure people in with our community then we are in trouble.

Please dont say our numbers are down because of school, or we havent lost veterans. Or people big in the community havent said they are thinking about leaving in general, because I have seen it multiple times. Excuses like its your computer and we are working on it only work for so long. Other top ten servers have such high population that they say its hard to handle and have hired more chat mods.(source-friend thats a chat mod on another top ten server). So no its not school, its us not offering the simple basics. Our community can overcome no player shops, which is commonplace on EVERY other top ten server. And other simple luxuries like unlimited /homes for non donators. But I had to say something because this servers lack of the basics has gone on far to long and passed into the zone of neglect, or incompetence.

Once again Im very sorry. I dont want to speak like this, however I feel that something needed to be said to jolt someone or something to bring this server back to greatness. I have over 250$ invested here. So if you think I dont want it to succeed you are wrong. I just want us to rise to the top again, as many others do I have talked to and feel the same way.

-Watsen

angryjukebox and Overself like this.
  8. mbonachea

mbonachea

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mbonachea
    I understand your frustration, but you have no idea how a Minecraft server works, nor how to code plugins. Every other server has chat, correct. But we have a custom chat system made to work with our multi-server cloud system. How many servers do you see that on? The chat plugin needs a lot of revision because of some new stuff in 1.3.

Server rollbacks/rendering issues: This is a Bukkit issue. Go rant to EvilSeph about that.

Basics: Nothing here is basic. Everything is super complex. From small things like chat, to shops, everything has to be rewritten to comply with our server's custom API and be updated to 1.3.

Unlimited /home for non-donors will not be granted, period. This has been discussed on several other threads. I am not a donor, and have no desire for /home usage. Let it be fore people who support the server with monetary donations.

When you say, that excuses like "we are working on it" are no longer valid, think this: A simple plugin that when a player types '/ping' returns "pong" is a 30 line plugin. So, something like Kingdoms 2, for example, is 2000+ lines in just the commands.

So, before you start complaining, really consider the time, effort, and work that goes into everything that is "taking too long".

artsgal likes this.
  9. Watsen56

Watsen56

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    watsen56
    I really feel for you, however even your cloud system isnt running right. And three weeks without chat working is unacceptable by anyones standards. As far as this being a "rant" its not. Its the feelings of alot of people of whats left of your server base. Plus others servers are running kingdoms just fine. So I guess their coding is working out better? But obviously I know nothing about anything.

ngennaro likes this.
  10. Ranchero1957

Ranchero1957

In-Game Name:
    Ranchero1957
    I have been following the pvp update on the other thread and there was concern by me and other about why main is not getting fixed faster. This was the answer we got.

Imdeity said

The reason is simple: the PvP server uses many of the same custom plugins we use on the main server except it is a smaller amount (about 15 or so of our plugins instead of the 40+ on main).

By rebuilding the PvP server, we can fix and test the smaller set of plugins instead of trying to update all 40+ on main where its much harder to test and isolate issues.

Basically, the PvP server rebuild is step 1 of the plan to fix the main server's plugins.

I know we have less people on the server right now but I think most will return. I have been here only a short time since Dec. I know it will be worth waiting for and with the time I have in on this server I would not consider leaving it. Also I did the server hopping thing for a long time but I always came back to this one. This is the best server I found, the people here are friendly and Imdeity takes great pride in his server. Patients is the key here.

artsgal likes this.
  11. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    I noticed in new mining world we cannot use other chat channel than /g and its not linked to main world /g chat.
    Will mining chat be joined to main world chat and all channels be back, including /tc if possible?

12. Richardith

Richardith

13. Brytton

Brytton

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    bryttonmp5
    I sure hope we update to 1.4 really quickly >.> <3

14. Seedy_Slim

Seedy_Slim

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Seedy_Slim
    Negative Ghostrider. They've already pre-released a 1.4.2 because of a huge server memory leak. Mojang doesn't even have it figured out yet - it seems foolish to rush to patch. Patience, pantshopper.

mbonachea likes this.
  15. artsgal

artsgal

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    artsgal
    Watsen I just join this server and played about 15 of the other top servers first. Within a few weeks after deciding this was a great server I became a sponsor. This server is so great because it has a separate mining world and, PVP and creative, so many great features. Not to mention the live map, live spleef, live chat. I also love that they rebuild the mining world regularly; a major complaint of mine on other servers is that theres endless wastelands and griefed, abandoned starter houses. Those things are huge! And lastly I was so welcomed into the community where other servers seem to want to discourage noobs so they can limit the size of the players. I am so grateful to have found this server!!! I do sometimes go back to visit old friends on other servers but I think players will try to get their friends to come to this server if it stays great!
    And I think that people left because they have to start over building their wealth because of the reset. But it levels the playing field for all of us and I love it!

16. felipe

felipe

Will you be updating to 1.4?

17. Johndahbomb

Johndahbomb

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Johndahbomb
    Yes the server will update to 1.4.2 but it will take time.

18. danboe6789

danboe6789

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Star_Kai_
    i had 1.3.2 for a while then 1.4.2 came out, i got to exited and now i cant play any servers

19. danboe6789

danboe6789

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Star_Kai_
    indeed it is always kiddies fault

20. Reptar28

Reptar28

In-Game Name:
    Reptar28
    Lots of good things are coming from it, but with every good thing there is a bad thing.