1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

/res suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by tOPIV, June 29, 2013.

1. tOPIV

tOPIV

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    tOPIV
    It would be useful for town builders if there was a /res command or a type of ownership where one could open doors, activate switches, use furnaces etc but could not break or place blocks on a particular plot. That way, home owners could live in their building but not modify or grief it, thus maintaining the look of the town. This may also be useful for inns or condominiums, if each room was a separate plot.

It would also be useful if plots could be restricted in depth and height. This would work particularly well for condominiums, so that players can own a particular floor, but not own every floor above and beneath them.

2. eriqmerc

eriqmerc

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    eriqmerc
    Blue Highlight: /resident set permissions use P/F/T/TS/KS (In this case, /resident set permissions use F. Add the room renters as your friends.)

Red Highlight: /resident set permissions edit P/F/T/TS/KS (In this case, /resident set permissions edit TS)

I highly suggest reading the '/plot help [page number]' in game next time. Owners of the inns and condominiums will have to trust the room renters and punish them if deemed necessary. As for the 'one player with permission for one floor', I'll leave it to someone more qualified to answer.

Majora_Unmasked and LupusOmegaX like this.
  3. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rmarmorstein
    I've run skyscrapers/rental homes pre and post reset. Pre-reset, I used different methods than this, but post-reset, I've been setting up my permissions to Access P, Use TS, Edit TS, then adding the users as my friends, since it is overridden and they can edit, use, etc, everything.

An idea, would be to have the building under all P perms for use and access, and have edit on TS, this would allow anyone to use or access the plots, but nobody can edit it unless you add them to your friends. There would be some glitches with this, but I'm sure you could work those out in your own ways.

tOPIV likes this.
  4. tOPIV

tOPIV

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    tOPIV
    That sounds like a good idea.

I guess I should have read the/plot help first, sorry about that.

Rmarmorstein likes this.
  5. eriqmerc

eriqmerc

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    eriqmerc
    I hope you're not seeing me as being too harsh or strict. If you ever need help, ask your townspeople or ask in /h . Someone is sure to help you. Have a nice day!:)

Majora_Unmasked likes this.
  6. tOPIV

tOPIV

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    tOPIV
    [quote="An idea, would be to have the building under all P perms for use and access, and have edit on TS, this would allow anyone to use or access the plots, but nobody can edit it unless you add them to your friends.[/quote]

In conjunction with Rmarmorstein's idea, perhaps hotel operators could "own doors", as apposed to having three dimensional plots for each room. A craftsman could place a sign adjacent to a particular door, and that sign could have a number. Then the inn owner could give permission to certain players to use doors with corresponding numbers. That way, players can have access to their own room, but not the rooms of other players.