1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

New Recipe Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by smcallah, February 11, 2015.

1. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    This thread is for suggesting recipes for the new recipe plugin on the server.

Please remember that we cannot add new items to the game, all items must exist in vanilla Minecraft. Names can be changed for items, lore can be added, and enchantments added as well. Also take into account that a recipe should not be too easy to make a hard to get item. These are being added for a challenge or to make use of items that people generally don't do anything with. Suggestions that have a multistep process, as in making one thing, then making another thing and combining that for something else are welcome.

Recipes can be crafting or smelting.

Please make suggestions in this format:

1. Explanation of what the recipe is intending to do and why you chose the ingredients and why it is fair.

2. Recipe layout -
    CRAFT <new item name>
    item + item + item
    item + item + item
    item + item + item
    = new item <optional: new name and lore for the item>

If a space is meant to be blank on the crafting grid, put air in place of an item name. Use item ID numbers if you can't describe the ingredient name well enough.

OR

SMELT <new item name>
    item1 (what is being cooked)
    item2 (fuel to use, if specific fuel can be blank)
    = new item

If your recipe is multiple "special" items, you can list all the recipes in the same suggestion.

Kassial, Qazz, BarryX15 and 5 others like this.
  2. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    Recipe 1: Smooth Double Stone Slab (Seamless)

CRAFT Smooth Double Stone Slab
    Flint + Stone Slab + Flint
    Flint + Stone Slab + Flint
    Air + Air + Air
    = Smooth Double Stone Slab (43:8)

Recipe 2: Smooth Double Sandstone Slab (Seamless)

CRAFT Smooth Double Stone Slab
    Flint + Sandstone Slab + Flint
    Flint + Sandstone Slab + Flint
    Air + Air + Air
    = Smooth Double Sandstone Slab (43:9)

Explanation: These are recipes for the seamless slab blocks. My idea for the recipe is to represent two slabs placed on top of each other being smoothed out with flint. I made this recipe with flint to increase the options for its use, at the moment flint can only be use to make arrows (which we get more than enough from skeletons).
    The blocks crafted here are not really valuable or rare, they are just (vanilla) unobtainable variations of stone and sandstone blocks, which would be used in medium to large amounts in constructions, for that, I believe making this recipe more expensive (with diamonds and such) would keep people from using it, while flint would be a fairer price.

-I have made a single explanation because both recipes are pretty much the same. ;)

Edit: Just tried on single player and I can't get them through /give commands anymore :( Using /setblock ~ ~ ~ double_stone_slab 8 <- Works, so I don't know if this recipe is possible.

ngennaro, Qazz and Sephronia like this.
  3. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    unobtainable variations?, does this mean they do not exist at all and would need to be created, cause they do not want that? (Only what does already exist in MC). if they do exist and are just not implemented into MC then I have no idea

4. Fiver26

Fiver26

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Fiver26
    Ok...not to derail slightly...but if things are from vanilla minecraft...are you telling me egg in a bucket of water was already a thing?!?

artsgal likes this.
  5. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    no visual changes took place though, just looked like a bucket of water

6. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    @Hallideadly

Those blocks exist on Minecraft, but it is impossible to craft them. You could get them through /give commands before 1.8, now, if you make a creative single player world, you can type /setblock ~ ~ ~ double_stone_slab 8 (or 9) to place them.
    They used to be for sale at /go shop before reset too.

Hallideadly likes this.
  7. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    If possible;

1 bottle of water in furnace as fuel via R click. will cook up 1 - 8 sand, (not red sand) and produce 1 - 8 moistened sand.
    or 1 bottle of water with one regular sand in any crafting grid makes 1 moistened sand.
    I will call this MS (moistened sand), and LB (lava bucket)

MS + Dirt + MS
    Dirt + LB + Dirt = 4 Hardened clay - can't seem to find it in /mine
    MS + Dirt + MS

would be nice to get bottles back, but on the other hand that does increase the amount of sand required which is good.

* Grass block and Log (any), and 1 bone meal in any crafting GRID = 1 sapling of LOG type.

iSquared likes this.
  8. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    It was just changing the name of the item, like you can do on an anvil, and adding lore to it which you can't do in game so that it can be used as a special ingredient in a special recipe. It is still just a water bucket and if you accidentally pour it out it's no longer what it was.

Yeah, sadly with 1.8 changes, they did away with those blocks being obtainable, but they are still able to be placed with the 1.8 setblock commands. I might have a way to do it, let me see if it will work.

Edited: Sadly, these no longer exist as items, just as the block, so there is no way to make it so that it can be carried. And when you break the block, it just becomes 2 slabs as always.

Last edited by a moderator: February 11, 2015
    Driver_X likes this.
  9. Qazz

Qazz

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Qazz
    inksackrecipe.png
    (Would be preferable to get the bottles back)

Lore: Don't use these as water balloons

10. KiddieWish

KiddieWish

In-Game Name:
    KiddieWish
    Explanation: The idea behind this recipe is to bring use to something many players don't buy or use much at the moment which is redstone. In my recipe, a total of 256 redstone blocks would be required to make 1 Glowstone block. This is balanced as it requires 256 redstone blocks to make just one glowstone block and would likely not result in it being acquired too easily. At the time of this post, the cheapest redstone blocks were going 1.5 deus for 8 blocks which runs about 0.19 per block. 256 x 0.19 = 48.64, right around the price which /go shop sells one glowstone price for.

CRAFT Glowstone
    air + air + air
    [64] Redstone Blocks+ [64] Redstone Blocks + air
    [64] Redstone Blocks + [64] Redstone Blocks + air
    = Glowstone

Explanation: The idea behind this recipe is to increase the usage and buying of iron. In my recipe, 16 iron blocks would be required to make 1 Block of Quartz. This is balanced as it requires 16 iron blocks for a block of quartz and would likely not result in it being acquired too easily. The prices of iron could have went as low as 24 dei per stack of iron ingots. 12 iron blocks = 108 iron ingots which makes 1.6875 stacks of iron ingots. 1.6875 stacks x 24 = 40.5 which is right around the price of /go shop.

CRAFT Block of Quartz
    air + air + air
    [3] Iron Blocks + [3] Iron Blocks + air
    [3] Iron Blocks + [3] Iron Blocks + air
    = Block of Quartz

Last edited: February 12, 2015
  11. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    Kiddie, 32 iron blocks is like 500 dei. That's a crazy price for 1 block of quartz which sells for less than 50 dei at admin shop ATM.

heinz_gruber likes this.
  12. KiddieWish

KiddieWish

In-Game Name:
    KiddieWish
    Yeah, seems I made some major miscalculations, thanks Yogs.

Fixed

13. Qazz

Qazz

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Qazz
    4 stacks of redstone blocks for one piece of glowstone seems a bit excessive, I'd prefer it stay just in the /go shop

14. KiddieWish

KiddieWish

In-Game Name:
    KiddieWish
    The idea here is to raise redstone prices and not make it easy to get these usually unobtainable items. Making value of redstone = the value of glowstone leaves no true barriers.

If a player isn't willing to work for items like this then I don't know what to tell you especially when redstone is so easy to acquire with fortune III picks dropping up to 32 pieces

Trekar_Sil likes this.
  15. squeezal

squeezal

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    squeezal
    So, what are the items I've always tried to get rid of the most? Rotten flesh and cobble! So, why not use the cobble to grind up the rotten flesh into a nice, usable slime?
    CRAFT Slime ball
    Rotten flesh (64)+ Cobblestone (64)+ Rotten flesh (64)
    = Slime ball

and/ or

Reward people for how many denizens of the undead they have slain.

CRAFT Zombie Bounty Chest
    Rotten flesh (64)+ Diamond Sword+ Rotten flesh (64)
    = Zombie Bounty Chest
    Contains some random loot with chance of failure. Perhaps a weapon enchant book, a diamond/ emerald or 2, or a potion of speed ect.

16. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    I like the use of the rotten flesh. Someone come up with another use for leather, ink sacks arnt going to create a market for leather much since no one really uses them.

17. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Gold armor, using diamonds as basic material and glowstone dust to add some yellow bling

deitycrafting-goldhelmet.png deitycrafting-goldchestplate.png deitycrafting-goldleggins.png deitycrafting-goldboots.png

Gold tools, same crafting idea, even more glowstone dust for even more yellow bling

deitycrafting-goldsword.png deitycrafting-goldpickaxe.png deitycrafting-goldaxe.png deitycrafting-goldshovel.png deitycrafting-goldhoe.png

And last item, gold pressure plate, using the same idea too

deitycrafting-goldpressureplate.png

btarb24, HaydoJ, Mightytitans and 8 others like this.
  18. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    Thanks guys for the suggestions. Some new recipes based on your suggestions are coming soon, maybe as soon as the next restart of the server.

I have changed some of the existing recipes to balance them a little more, you may find some to be trickier. :) Hopefully Driver_X will be able to update the guide soon.

Qazz likes this.
  19. Trekar_Sil

Trekar_Sil

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Trekar_Sil
    Would like to see a recipe for a lead, for horses, have been running it through my mind today but nothing's clicked, since we can't use slime balls.

20. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    You can't use slimeballs? Why not?