1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Mining Difficulties

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Sumbodey07, April 1, 2012.

1. Sumbodey07

Sumbodey07

I haven't been playing ImDeity for long but i have noticed that the mining world is quite crowded. You have to span meters away just to get a good untouched area.(also suggesting that you found wild trees)

Maybe if everyone didn't have to spawn in the same area for the mining world, there would be more ores for everyone.

MULTIPLE LOCATIONS:
    That's right i said it, multiple location. So instead of teleporting to a single area you can choose from say 3 or 4. Obviously these would have to be spread out incredible so you don't run into the 500 blocks zone of another area.

So ya there might be a few flaws to this plan, and like always some bugs. But it could actually be a really helpful idea. Plus it would be less stress on new players. So that they have a better chance at finding something other then emptied caves.

Leave your ideas BELOW
    |
    |
    |
    V

2. vanZeben

vanZeben

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    vanZeben
    yes the original area is "crowded" and yes you have to walk out far to get a "good untouched area" however these areas are not sparse in the world. It just comes down to people being lazy and wanting to walk the least but gain the most amount of materials possible. If you want to get ores, take a walk.

Moiriana and Sephronia like this.
  3. Sumbodey07

Sumbodey07

true, in fact that's what I'm currently doing but if you die you got another long walk ahead of you.

4. vanZeben

vanZeben

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    vanZeben
    if you dont feel like playing survival minecraft then you can always /creative and have all the blocks for you with no health....

AntonioBarbarian likes this.
  5. lonewolf3214

lonewolf3214

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    lonewolf3214
    I think they sould be less votes to restart the map. I go to the end of the map and still cant find untouched zones

6. ngennaro

ngennaro

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ngennaro
    That's a lie. I went into the mining world when they just started voting for the reset. I found a full jungle that was partially protected. I went 200 more blocks in, found 20+ diamonds, over 33 gold, 6 stacks of iron and coal, 2 stacks of lapiz, and a dungeon with a golden apple. Not bad being not even 1k blocks out from spawn.

BigDeer likes this.
  7. Sumbodey07

Sumbodey07

where is the fun in that :3

8. Galehn

Galehn

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Galehn
    Personally I like to build a boat and strike out across the ocean - moves much faster than walking, no monsters to deal with, and you can get WAY out in a relatively short timeframe. Just take note of the coordinates when you make landfall so when you die, you know in which direction to head.

Moiriana likes this.
  9. FaTd33r

FaTd33r

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    FaTd33r
    Even there, we shall not need those different spawn location. As an example, I walked for 5 minutes, found a very large forest. I cut it, find a cave, and discovers tons of ores ( in facts, 5 stacks of coal,4 of iron, 1 1/2 of gold, 2 of lapis, 30 diamonds). You don't need to walk a thousand kilometers to find a "good spot" as you say. Just be patient.Even there, you can go in "discovered" mines of other players, they leave behind many materials, because they concentrate on gold and diamond. but that's a hint, you can just not follow it ;)

10. Eliteh4wk

Eliteh4wk

In-Game Name:
    Eliteh4wk
    I kind of like the idea of multiple spawns though. More likely and easier to find ores.

11. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    I also like the idea of having multiple spawn locations in mining world. Heck, even having the location be entirely random and not doing the 500 blocks sounds good to me. Just have the X and Z be random then place them on the highest solid block on the Y axis. No need for pre-determined locations in my eyes. We're not there to sight-see.. we're there to brave the wilderness and gather materials. Placing us at a random location still accomplishes both of those.

12. Doinky

Doinky

In-Game Name:
    Doinky
    I would just rather do away or make the 500 block zone much much smaller. Not being able to drop a boat until I get way out to sea is not much fun. The risk of drowning is a bit high when the server is experiencing slowdown. It might also be better to have the mining world reset sooner so there is less issue of finding a place to mine that isn't already dug out.

13. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    The reset frequency seems fine to me. There's always a ton of chunks that aren't mined out yet. Heck, i find endless amounts of unexplored caves up til the last minute too. If anything, i think we could keep the same mining world even longer and be fine with having enough ore. Though, i do think it's nice to change up the scenery :)

14. KaleEros

KaleEros

In-Game Name:
    kaleeros
    Random drop zones seems like it would be fair. No building a hut and coming back to it. Just take a pick, some torches and a lunch and head out to MINE. It is minecraft for goodness sake.

15. Kainn12

Kainn12

In-Game Name:
    Kainn12
    to be honest i don't like how the mine world rest bast only on vote i would rather it rest on a time