1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Meaningful lyrics

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by L0rd23, March 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L0rd23

L0rd23

In-Game Name:
    L0rd23
    Here is a thread you can post meaningful lyrics (not that Justin Beiber/ 1D crap). It can be yours or a song that someone else wrote (unless its a song by an actual band who has recorded don't post it, please don't steal other people's ideas.) Also if someone posts their lyrics here, it isn't an opening to take it and make it your own. It is simply so you can view others artistic abilities, etc.. Oh and nothing too profane. Please take into account that kids are on here. A swear word once or twice is okay, if you sensor it out with *'s. Keep in mind that not all lyrics have to rhyme. There are free-verse songs out there that do sound really good, e.g. A Lesson Never Learned - Asking Alexandria (it is profane however so don't look it up unless you are okay with that.)
    Here is a song that I wrote myself (when I post I'll be using my "stage name" Steven Celeste)

Broken Promises - Steven Celeste
    Why must it be me,the one who stole your heart, that has to be, the one ripped apart??
    As my rage against your hatred fuels my rage for your pain, wishing you would die alone but die another day, though it pains me just to say it thought it pains me that its true, you stuck yourself in my heart and I still love you!!
    Spend a night with Satan then try and tell me that you care, but ALL your broken promises still linger in the air, the days of pain and days of woe still passing through my head, all these days passing and I wish that I were dead, oh if only I could tell you if only you could see, all the pain and all the stress that you are causing me…
    You fell for me and I fell behind, you did the crime and I’m doing the time, all these false accusations collecting through the days, unnecessary lacerations leave me in a haze, you say that you are sorry and try and tell me not to cut, but all these words you’re saying they won’t bring back the blood, of days past, all these broken promises just won’t last…
    I’m through, with you and your broken promises…

Leviathan_Ziz likes this.
  2. arkon204

arkon204

In-Game Name:
    arkon204
    And why not that 'Justin Bieber and 1D crap'? Personally, although it's not my style of music, they have some alright lyrics and I personally think both are very talented. People are open to their own music taste, you'lld realize that there are some fans of those musicians on the server. There should be no ban to whatever floats people's boats.

Lord__Xemnas likes this.
  3. LupusOmegaX

LupusOmegaX

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    LupusOmegaX
    Rolling Girl - Hatsune Miku
    (English Lyrics)

One more time, one more time
    "I beg you to roll me one more time"
    So she said, so she said
    As she worked the sound of laughter into her broken voice
    "Are you ready yet?"
    "Just a moment"
    The future is still so far away to me
    So I'm holding my breath for now

The rolling girl, is stuck in a wasteland
    A world without colour or meaning
    There's so much noise inside her little head
    The wind is blowing it around
    The wind is blowing it around
    "No problem" Those words came out so light
    But in return it's gone to the air
    She said that I don't give a damn
    So come and make some mistakes with me
    She's dragging me down an uncertain road

Woop, minor explanation time. Rolling, I think, means hurting yourself physically because you've been hurt emotionally. The first part, which is the chorus, gives out the main message of the song, which is the story of a girl who is lonely and been hurt all her life, so she resorted to cutting herself because she can't find a guy to love her. "Are you ready yet?" is the guy she's been looking for, but can't find (The future is still so far away to me), asking whether she was ready to move on from rolling. Her holding her breath, is also suicide attempts to try and gain attention from the people who shunned her. The verse you can see there sort of explains how she sees her life, with no colour or meaning, and nowhere to go, hearing nothing but white noise all the time, per say. She's been alone for so long that whenever someone asks if she would like a friend or if something was wrong, her reply would be "No problem" but after a while of saying it, no one asks anymore so she just says it to herself (Gone to the air). Towards the end she becomes incredibly reckless, not following any rules and the guy that loves her, but she doesn't realize is getting dragged down with her into a anti-spiral of drugs, violence and eventual death. Before it reached that last stage, though, he manages to pull her out of this cycle and helps her, which is when she realizes he was all she wanted in the end.
    This wasn't even the whole song/explanation. :I

#NotSoMinorExplaining

4. xdysfunkx

xdysfunkx

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    xdysfunktionalx
    Why Am I The One - Fun.:

"Or go on, go on, go on
    If you are thinking that the worst is yet to come
    Why am I the one always packing up my stuff?
    For once, for once, for once
    I get the feeling that I'm right where I belong
    Why am I the one always packing up my stuff?"

And
    Make It Stop - Rise Against

More of the song in general than just the lyrics. This song actually has meaning behind it and can resemble many other people.

Stick and shai12345 like this.
  5. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    You're still a troll. Meaningfull lyrics, so actually meaningfull lyrics. 1d and JB don't do meaningfull lyrics. Now if they were to make meaningfull songs, then you could post them here, but they simply don't :S and that's fine, because many 'great' artists don't. And before I start a flamewar, they have no significant talent (oops:p)

JDX ft, Sarah Maria - Live the moment

The present has a home
    Let regret, live alone
    Time flies, seize the day
    Let love lead the way
    Live the moment, live free
    Life is changing fast
    Just be free

Seize the moment (seize the moment)
    Seize the day (seize the day)
    Life is changing fast
    Just be free

Life is changing fast

Life is changing fast
    Life is changing fast-fast-fast-fast...
    Just be free

SonnyBassPlayer and TiitanX like this.
  6. L0rd23

L0rd23

In-Game Name:
    L0rd23
    Because by meaningful lyrics I mean something that comes from the heart... not hmm what can I write about an ex bf/gf to make another album so my career can keep going while I steal from The Beatles, The Clash, Queen, etc..

7. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    There is already a thread for song lyrics. Just because you add 'meaningful' to yours doesn't make it different so you should just be posting in the already existing one.

http://imdeity.com/threads/post-a-song-lyric.8627/

And also, "meaningful" is an opinion. Just because you don't find a song meaningful doesn't mean it isn't to someone else. Music is an art form, it is all up to peoples perception and interpretation, so you can't limit it by your own opinions.

Gwenhywar and Lord__Xemnas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.