1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Main Spawn single player map

Discussion in 'Help / Support / Guides' started by super_soup, April 27, 2015.

1. super_soup

super_soup

In-Game Name:
    super_soup
    Hey

I've beeen asking around for a bit, and so far I haven't been able to get a very definite answer for a question I've had. Actually, I either get really vague ones, or none at all. Anyway, my question is, is the Imdeity spawn map avaliable for download as a singleplayer map? The reason I ask this is because there are many exciting places in the spawn, but I have found them quite difficult to explore as I have to walk everywhere, which makes some places difficult/impossible to get to and see. Also, my computer currently does not handle large builds like the spawn well, which limits my time I can explore (as the pc usually freezes up with too much stuff), and, my internet access is somewhat limited, which once again means I can't spend hours doing it.

I don't mind If I have to get it from Deity due to it not being open publicly.

Apologies of this has already been asked, I did search for everything with "spawn map" in the title, and went through all 4 pages.

Regards

Super_Soup

Last edited by a moderator: April 27, 2015
    erorah likes this.
  2. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    There isn't a download that will be provided by the server, but there are mods that have been made that will download where you have explored as a single player map.

zoroa_14 likes this.
  3. super_soup

super_soup

In-Game Name:
    super_soup
    Thankyou for response. A few questions:
    1) mod name/names, and is it easy to install.
    2) does it copy all layers ( I.e. I don't have to go through each individual y level)
    3) will it cause any issues that might get me kicked or something (e.g. It thinks I'm cloning)
    4) is it each individual block or more of an AOE thing

Thanks for any help you can provide

4. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    Minecraft already downloads all the blocks from the server as you're playing (how else would you see them?) so there's no worry about getting kicked. These download mods only download areas that you travel to - it won't download the whole world unless you walk over the whole world. It downloads one chuck at a time and includes Y0-Y254. This isn't something that we're going to spend any time teaching you to do, so it's best to do a google search to learn how.

5. super_soup

super_soup

In-Game Name:
    super_soup
    Thankyou very much that has answered nearly all of my questions :)

Do you know the names of any specific ones and/or where I can find some? I rarely use mods so I have not a clue where to look or what to search.

Thanks once again for any help you can provide.

6. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    Just google world downloader for minecraft, and put in the version number, you will need one for at least 1.8 i should imagine.

I used 1.7.9 to download my town from the last map, i took a couple of hours making sure i got all the chunks,. but in the end about a dozen still were missing, so you really have to be thorough.

super_soup likes this.
  7. super_soup

super_soup

In-Game Name:
    super_soup
    Thanks Heinz :)