1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Kadatheron (Late) Summer Games

Discussion in 'Events' started by Driver_X, July 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    Summer Games are ready to go, but no volleyball, surfing or snow fort battles here, check the list below:

Games List:

Notch Pron:

(FINISHED) Based on the popular (maybe not that much) internet game/puzzle NotPron, this 'treasure hunt' like game will require - more than reading riddles and finding places - general Minecraft, server, forums, internet and even cryptography basic knowledge! (Just a little)

- Look for clues everywhere, use Google, everything is possible. Except for griefing, you don't have to break any block (online) to get to the clues. Destroying clues will get you out of the game.
    - Event is already set on, but at this moment you can only get halfway through due to some technical reasons.
    - First clue to follow is just 2 clicks away!
    - To win the event you must identify a small numbers of 'Check Items' and place them at a given location. Nothing too hard, just to make sure you went through all the steps :)

ImDeity Sightseeing:

(FINISHED) Recreate the required pictures from ImDeity Main Server builds according to given instructions. This game has it's own thread, check it for the pictures and details.

Kadatheron Write-Off:

(Cancelled) Create an original story, write it using book & quill, sign your book and drop it by Kadatheron's Museum official book collecting post!

- Open theme. Text must follow server and forums rules;
    - Your story have to be original. *Tip: Rewriting 'Twilight' using Yogs, Niall and other players as main characters doesn't make it original;
    - Story must use, at least, 6 book pages. *Tip2: A page that has only a few lines used does not count as a 'used page', i.e. a page intended to be a title page that reads only 'Blame it on the Tacos' does not count;
    - Sign your book, that is the only way to know who wrote it;
    - Each player can send a single book. In case more than one book by the same player is found author will be contacted. So dropping an old book someone gave to you to troll that person will not be as much fun;

Instant Games:

(Cancelled)
    None of the following games have an specific date to occur and may happen at any moment when I am online to start them:
    - Boat Race;
    - Spleef;
    - Parkour;
    - King of the Ladder;
    - Connect-Four;
    - Quick Build;

Prizes List:

Winners of each game will get to choose a prize from the following list:
    - Enchants Kit:
    Silk Touch Unb3 Pickaxe, Unb3 Eff4 Silk Touch Shovel, Unb3 Prot3 Thorns2 Chestplate and Unb3 Prot4 Leggings;
    - Riches Kit: One (1) Beacon, 32 Diamond blocks, 32 Iron Blocks and 4 Emerald Blocks;
    - Kairo (Game): Indie puzzle-exploration game;
    - Super Hexagon (Game): Indie Rhythm-Life Destroyer game;
    - Organ Trail Director's Cut (Game): Retro Strategy-Survival game;
    - **Commandos 2 (Game): Old Action-Strategy game;
    - FlatOut 2 (Game): Wacky Racing-Demolition game;
    - Shadowgrounds Survivor (Game): Sky view Action-Alien game;
    - Omikron: The Nomad Soul (Game): Classic Adventure game;
    - Tomb Raider Underworld (Game);
    - Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Game);
    - Metro: Last Light (Game);
    - VIP Donation - Nahaninja;

All prizes tagged with 'Game' are Steam gift games. In order to receive one of those you must have a Steam Account. Check PEGI for each game and in case you are under game's recommended age, ask your parents first. *I truly know you will do that, like I did when I was 7 and began to play Duke Nukem 3D.

For VIP donation package prize, I'd like to ask gently that, if you are already a donor, please do not pick that prize (for your alts) so that a new player can enjoy it's perks. If you are an VIP and want to use it to upgrade to Gold, it is fine (not as cool as a new player having it, but still ok xD ).

**Some Steam comments about this game says it is not fully compatible with newest Windows versions, check that information in case you want Commandos2 as your prize.

Winner's prize choosing line will follow this order, based on the game they won:

1. NotchPron Winner - NAHANINJA - VIP Donation;
    2. 1st placed on Sighseeing - Haydoj - Enchants Kit;
    3. 2nd placed on Sighseeing - Gawkan - Riches Kit;
    4. 3rd placed on Sighseeing - Majora_Unmasked - Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood;
    5. NotchPron Winner - NAHANINJA - Pending;

Event Deadline: July 27th.

That's it! Happy -late- Summer Break!

Last edited: July 28, 2014
  2. maxwell25937

maxwell25937

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    maxwell25937
    If Kadatheron staff can play, then write-off here I come!

Last edited: July 15, 2014
    Driver_X likes this.
  3. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    Sure you can, even though I stole this idea from you xD

- Quick Update:

-- Only 2 players have sent me pictures for Sighseeing;
    -- 2 players have clicked the very first NotchPron puzzle's lnk so far.
    -- 2 players confirmed they are participating on Write-Off.

Such people, very many, wow.

NAHANINJA, maxwell25937 and Gawkan like this.
  4. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    Wow, this event is being such a huge success - maybe the Vip donation or semi-new Steam games for prizes were very motivational.

We have 3 players going for the Photo Hunt and 1 confirmed participation (each) for NotchPron and Write-Off.

I hope this doesn't cause any riots from the massive amount of players waiting anxiously for them because I am going to cancel most of the games.
    The only events that will be continued are the NotchPron (treasure hunt like game) and Sightseeing (photo hunt).

The top 3 players on the photo hunt will get a prize depending on how many pictures they've remade. If there is a draw, photos that didn't follow the request to satisfactorily will have half value, just to untie it.

The first player to solve the NotchPron riddles will be the first in the line to choose prizes (ahead of photo hunt winner) and may also choose a second prize after photo hunt top 3 choose theirs.

Deadline: July 24th

NAHANINJA likes this.
  5. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    Update:

Nahaninja beat the NotchPron puzzle yesterday and is the first to pick a prize;

Top player on photo hunt found 11 of 12 pictures (and can still be passed);
    Third placed player on photo hunt (would get a prize at this moment) has found only one picture.

If you want a some items in-game or a full and free game for Steam, you can still join the photo hunt! Travel around the server, visit some of it's great builds and take screenshot of them. It is the kind of stuff I do even without any prize guarantee, it is not that hard :p

HaydoJ and NAHANINJA like this.
  6. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    Event Results:

After 2 weeks and the participation of (mind blowing) 4 players, Kadatheron Summer Games comes to an end.

Prize selection queue:
    First: NAHANINJA - for beating the NotchPron puzzle.
    Second: HaydoJ - Found all 12 pictures from ImDeity Sightseeing (photo hunt) following all the special requirements.
    Third: Gawkan - Found 11 of 12 pictures.
    Fourth: Majora_Unmasked - Found one picture for the photo hunt.
    Fifth: NAHANINJA - 2nd prize for beating the NotchPron puzzle.

-No prize was given for special participation because no one else, but the winners, participated.

To the winners, please reply to the convos we already have with a short list of your prize selection ordered by preference, the one you want most on top - if a player ahead of you gets one of the prizes on top of your list, the one below will be understood as your selection.

First: - NAHANINJA - chose VIP Donation;
    Second: HaydoJ - chose Enchants Kit;
    Third: Gawkan - chose Riches Kit;
    Fourth: Majora_Unmasked - chose Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood;
    Fifth: NAHANINJA - choice pending;

I am going to update this post with each player's prize selection but you can (and should) send me a conversation with multiple choices beforehand - and get your prize much faster.

Photo Hunt thread was edited with some special info regarding the contest's "plot" (if you can call that a plot xD).

My thanks to you guys who participated ;)

Now a short rant: I didn't expect a huge part of server's players to participate but, 4 players? Really? And I still get to hear people complain about how nothing different/special/fun happens, how they are bored and that server needs more events and mini-games... This was my last event attempt on this server.

Last edited: July 28, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.