1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

In a new world

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Hallideadly, October 27, 2014.

?

If a Main world reset happend, would you be for or against it?

Poll closed November 6, 2014.
  1. YES - reset would be awesome

60.9%
  2. No - I do not want a reset

13.0%
  3. UNDECIDED - I am happy either way

26.1%
  1. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    I was wandering for what seemed like months through an extremely dense forest when I came upon such a sight that I near fell to my everlasting rest. I made my way towards th, what the heck was that sound? It came from my right and I can see the entire clearing, nothing there. It will be night soon, so I ran to the Majestically Ornate Monument and found a safe place to camp.
    I can't believe my luck, finding a M.O.M. in the middle of nowhere. Might as well dig this out a bit and get under the monument, then I can dig up to get inside while it is night. No torches, ugh! *quickly sneaks out for some logs* much better. Got torches finally, now to get the teleport marker for later.
    What a great night. I left early to see the rest of the clearing, keeping my ears open for unknown sounds like the one yesterday. The meadow leads down a hill and towards a bay, I finally see the ocean, and a port city, ships, bridges, which means there are other towns not too far away. Makes sense now why there is a M.O.M. up here.
    This is a new world, with new everything for us to exploit, I must return home. I made my way to the M.O.M. and used the M.O.M. to M.O.M. teleport and bam I am at our M.O.M. with the ability now to return to the newly found M.O.M. MOM's are wonderful.

Last edited: October 27, 2014
  2. melvin484

melvin484

In-Game Name:
    TwitchyCake
    Lol i'm a tad confused

3. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    not sure myself. I made all that up after work when I sat down and did my vote for the day. You never know what might come from artificial intelligence. <3

melvin484 likes this.
  4. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Everyone.... Everyone.... Everyone does the same mistake. Including you, Halli.

The first question we should ask is not "Do we want a reset?".

It looks like we are going to dive jump without knowing how deep the pool is. Should we risk breaking our neck in shallow water or should we try to check the depth first? Remember that the water surface distorts the view and we may not see the truth from above. So how deep must the change made by a reset be to prevent us from hitting the shallow bottom of boredom?

The first question we should ask is "What would/should happen/change after the reset?"

I have seen many people asking for a reset, but i have seen very few people bringing some idea why to have a reset.

melvin484 likes this.
  5. StrahdZarovich

StrahdZarovich

Well, I can say this for myself on why I'd like to see a reset to have the change to live within one of the new biomes that exist in 1.7.10 and newer. Currently they only exist on the mining world but you can live there for it's reset from time to time and you'll lose all your stuff. To have the change, just to live and grow within one on the main server would be a lot of fun. On a single player world, I normally move into the tree top forest, dark oaks, just because of the amount of wood there. I have tried living in the clay mesas but the amount of dirt moving you have to do gets a little annoying.

So, who else on there has a thought on why and where they themselves would like to live/play if the world is reset?

BarryX15 likes this.
  6. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    okay, I get your point Barry - just to state , "If a main world reset happened" I did not actually ask if we wanted it,

My real purpose was to rattle the subject up again to get some more ideas, then I added a poll to give myself a better understanding of the situation.

Also, my story of the journey to the new world had implications of new travel methods over great distances, or was that just to say MOMs are wonderful. <3. Wondering if that would make sense instead of using /wild in a new world with no towns, warps and such.

Shops in the main spawn that allow us to trade in simple materials like cobble or dirt . Example; give 1 dirt,(dropped into a hopper) get one cobble, and a similar shop next to it that has cobble for dirt. Another shop give 1 stone get 1 melon slice, or give 1 dirt get 1 carrot, keeps the noobs fed in early game. Some shops can have high end trades like 1 diamond block gives 1 lapis block, So many options and because the shops are always 1 item per trade, there won't be excessive lag on the server. This might increase usage of main spawn.

edit - forgot to give my reason why I would be okay with a reset.
    Mostly because I find when I am in /main world that I wander around my house doing nothing. I always try to visit creative, (ugh) so I might mine for an hour or 2. No reason to go to main spawn, my ghost town, (Doha) is, well there I said it. I check in on my games that I made in Doha, not getting used anymore. At least the griefing stopped. lol.

I might pop into pvp for a bit and thankfully it is still full vanilla, however I hide all the time because I am coward, I dislike being killed by players, much so...

Ftb MF2 gets all the attention being a new world to start fresh in, then along comes MW2 and another new world is getting the attention. To me it would not be a problem if a reset happened, life goes on and I would ride it like bull

Last edited: October 28, 2014
    Niall4igoe and BarryX15 like this.
  7. Qazz

Qazz

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Qazz
    It kind of irritates me seeing this topic brought up again.

A map reset has been brought up many times before, and the end result of every discussion has been the same. A map reset is not warrented. The reasons being are as follows: The map is not corrupted, there is not a shortage of resources, there is still more than ample space for new towns- even kingdoms- to arise, the economy is not corrupted, and even with all of that there isn't an overwhelming population that would demand or require a new map simply to keep players.

Also, when we had our last map reset, we had many players lose interest. They saw it as their hard work and dedication that they put towards their towns and such just being erased. It's quite likely that something of the sort could happen if we were to have another map reset in the foreseeable future, given that there are still numerous new players joining, and new towns and whatnot arising.

The only reason people are getting bored with this map or Minecraft in general isn't because there isn't enough to do, it's because they've not given themselves enough to do. Players need to put goals in place once prior ones have been reached in game. That's the reason Minecraft is called a "sandbox game". The possibilities are limitless as to what you can do while in game, and the only thing stopping you from doing more is yourself.

Plus, our staff has said in the past: "There will be no map reset in the foreseeable future."

As far as I'm aware, none of the staff has said otherwise, so we as players shouldn't worry about it. Especially considering that it's not our decision.

Sephronia, Stormmay and sunnydb0y like this.