1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

IMPORTANT- diamond vote is bad(Read please)

Discussion in 'Kingdoms General' started by kebapmanager, September 19, 2011.

1. kebapmanager

kebapmanager

In-Game Name:
    kebapmanager
    I think tht in near future on imdeity diamonds are gona become worthless like dirt because of vote for diamonds system , i think u should remove this amd instead of diamond give 10 deo or something similar maybe food since wee need it now soo much , because now everbody can have them a beginner and etc etc isnt fun to start with starter kit go vote get 4 diamonds and make diamond pick and shivel in 4 minutes on server

2. Gombabomb

Gombabomb

In-Game Name:
    Gombabomb
    i agree because you need to work for your dimaonds, or buy them in the shop. diamonds will become like dirt, as you said.

3. ImDeity

ImDeity

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    ImDeity
    The percentage of people that vote is tiny compared to the people who sign in each day so it shouldn't have any significant impact on the economy.

4. knight12374

knight12374

In-Game Name:
    knight12374
    I agree that they could be replaced, but not for just 10 Dei, for probably however much a diamond is worth, or maybe 25 Dei so all four votes would be 100 Dei, + the main vote's 100 Dei, getting you 200 Dei a day.

Edit: However this would pretty much be the same, considering with this money they can buy more than four diamonds.
    But the Dei way would not hit the diamond economy as hard (or at all), and probably raise the price if you buy diamond with the Dei you get from voting, reversing the effect.

Also, you might want to work on your spelling a bit ;)

5. TheRealForte

TheRealForte

In-Game Name:
    TheRealForte
    I disagree. I think that even 4 diamond a day isnt enough to get ppl millionaires.

6. hackrin

hackrin

In-Game Name:
    cocoa60
    If someone voted for it everyday. It would do this. And not saying that % of people do not buy diamonds.
    25x4 = 100 Plus a chance that noone will buy.

7. hackrin

hackrin

In-Game Name:
    cocoa60
    Actually. The MCtopList is the same as the vote for dei one. So if you make the smart move. You get 175 Dei from the diamonds and the vote for 100.

8. jblipovich

jblipovich

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Algiers440
    I agree with Diety. I think diamonds are handy tools that enable players to create great builds quicker. Since the economy is NOT a diamond-based economy, I don't feel that the introduction of voting for diamonds is inhibiting anything to any measurable extent, especially due to the fact that (per Diety) the percentage of people taking advantage versus the percentage of people not who log in each day is such that the free diamonds are not injuring the i-conomy. Sure, it may deflate the sale/purchase price of diamonds in the store or mall, but the pillars of the economy are cakes and mining gold NOT mining diamonds. I think that cheap diamonds will enable players to mine quicker, which will allow them materials to build quicker, making this a more interesting server to play.

9. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss

In-Game Name:
    pseudoboss
    The number of diamonds flowing into the server by votes is pretty insignificant, even if everyone voted, there would be about 80 or so diamonds generated every day. However, if everyone were to mine for diamonds, and they find an average of 8 diamonds a day, the impact would be 12.5%, a small decrease in price, but nothing that breaks the game or economy by any stretch.

10. Hovfire

Hovfire

In-Game Name:
    Hovfire
    If the diamonds were replaced with dei, then we should have diamonds in the shop for 30 each, because this economy, as said before is not based on diamonds. If they started handing out gold then you can be worried.

11. poe969

poe969

In-Game Name:
    poe969
    I don't think people vote that often anyway, so I don't see how its bad for the economy. Also @knight12374 you have the most amazing signature ever.

12. drewbonny

drewbonny

In-Game Name:
    drewbonny
    I agree with Deity. The amount of people who actually vote and sign in are small.

13. Green

Green

In-Game Name:
    bind3r
    i think get diamonds for vote is good... cuz /go mine mined completle all places... and there not much place to mine ... Allso ... Ppl want get diamonds(cuz they rare) soo they vote... More Votes ... More ppl will see this server... More ppl better donating... Better donating better server ... Better server more fun ... And so far... Soo you should stand what i wana say...

14. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    Average diamonds from mining for about an hour after mining world restart= about 20.
    Diamonds daily= 4

See how this scales up?
    Also people tend to build alot in this game, and mine other resources, aswell as wearing diamond armor.
    The more diamonds you have the more people will start using them.

15. chulka

chulka

Diemonds are easy to find it doesnt change much. Was full dimond in a day.