1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Has it been 2 years?

Discussion in 'Kingdoms General' started by iSquared, June 3, 2013.

1. iSquared

iSquared

• Senior Moderator
    • Gold
    In-Game Name:
    iSquared
    YES! Yes it has been 2 whole years since I logged on the server for the first time. Well, tomorrow! I've created this thread today, since I'll probably be busy with stuff tomorrow.
    June 4th, 2011 was the day I joined the awesome community.

I've been through great ups, but also awful downs. Though, that didn't keep me from playing!
    The beginning is kinda directly copy/pasted from my "One Year Anniversary" thread.

all started on June 04, 2011. I just bought Minecraft (after 'trying Minecraft for free') and I went on minecraftforum.net and just browsed through some servers. Unfortunately, every server I joined was boring... Up until I met ImDeity.. The message on the thread was very clear and I liked the features of the server (there weren't so many, but there were quite a few I liked :D).

I just joined and wandered around in some kind of flying spawn. I thought, what now? So I politely asked if I could join a town with someone. One of my very first friends on the server, iiPod, invited me to Hades (screenshots got lost in a computer crash :C). I met people like Fanasey and generalmege there and I had the best time of my life, cutting wood for the town.
    I remember being very frustrated about the fact that I had to call iiPod when I wanted to enter the farm, because the permissions on that plot were off :p

Anyways, back to topic.
    I had built my house and cut some wood, helped on the roads in Hades and thought: "What now?".
    I saw this Mod appearing in chat and I was wondering in what town he was. It was Leviathan_Ziz!
    I wanted to check out his town and I actually fell in love with his town, Gaia. I met even more great people there and I really felt comfy between all those people.

I moved my stuff over to Gaia and bought myself some plots. Again, after helping town and building my house, I wanted a new adventure, so I again went into the chat to ask if there were any other towns. When I said that, a guy immediately said: "Join valhalla!"... So I did xD
    I got myself a nice 2-plot house and all of a sudden, after mining, I didn't had permissions on my plot. I tried to contact an assistant or mayor, but they didn't respond. After that, I left to Gaia again and had to start over again. You might've noticed that I like adventures, so I really didn't mind :p

I stayed in Gaia for a long while and after quite a short time, I got assistantship. At first I found it hard to recruit people, but I liked showing them our Gaia Farms:
    [​IMG]
    People were always amazed by how the farms were.

After quite a while, Leviathan_Ziz named me Head Assistant and of course, I was pretty happy.
    I built a bank at the main place and started selling vaults to everyone, this had a very good impact on the economy of Gaia :] We also had special guests *wink wink* :D
    [​IMG]

Well, after all this we expanded Gaia pretty far out. We had a military outpost, smugglers cave, a submarine that was patrolling our sea and ofcourse, the HQ of Ex Infernis (The headquarters we never finished ><).

And then... Meh I got a tad bored and I didn't know what to do, so I remade the Gaia spawn.
    Soon after, Leviathan_Ziz invited me to be a mayor of his 'outpost' named Kingdom. I said sure and there we went.
    Kingdom was a small town, with 4 districts. We never reached over 45 residents, sadly. However it was a pretty close town with a good community :)

Then ka-poooof (first) map reset.
    New world, new chances, making a new living. Aka NEW ADVENTURES! YAY! :D
    Gwenhywar, Leviathan_Ziz and I made Scarletdawn pretty quick after the reset and set that up.
    We had a lot of trouble in the beginning, but it partially solved itself.

I got promoted to Moderator on Febuary 4th, 2012; exactly 8 months after I joined the server. It happened in a very... awkward way.
    I was just hanging around with Gwenhywar and Leviathan_Ziz, playing EvilGenius, when 2 admins bashed in and told me to stop playing the game I was playing and get online!!!! They had some sort of present.. Me, being a squaredycat, I panicked and couldn't find Minecraft all of a sudden.
    Well, yeah. That surely has been a positive thing on my life on ImDeity. I love helping people, I love helping people to get on track. I love the chat and what not.

Right before the second map reset, I came in touch with Pescotti, Stephfork, KILL3RTACO, bokanella and a few other guys 'n gals from Vesis. I think I once tp'd to their town for a ticket..
    After the map reset, I told all dem guyz that I would probably join their town. And so I did :)

I've had greaaat times in Vesis, but also bad times. I realised I caused a lot of drama in Vesis and so I left it at first. Though, I didn't think it through, so I wanted to get back to Vesis. Luckily, I was accepted again. Not very long after, Stephfork bought CloudBirth. I offered to renovate the town and make it in a succesful town. Sadly, heh, I couldn't find the time to do stuff and my finals were coming, so we sold the town. Best of luck to the guys who bought it, btw :)
    Same story with Invictus, different people :p

Then! DeityWar! A great project that I got offered to do. I love building the maps and see people play them. Of course, I've created good, but also bad (what?! the worst :p) maps. An example of this was the CQC (Close Quarters Combat). Oh well!

In the next post, I will thank a few people that really mean/meant a lot to me.

Please share a few of your memories with me, since I really enjoy reading them :D <3

Take care, stay happy,
    ~Your Panda

2. iSquared

iSquared

• Senior Moderator
    • Gold
    In-Game Name:
    iSquared
    Hall of people...

ImDeity - Never thought I'd stick around here for that long, since I've always been a guy that would get bored after a month or two. Thanks a lot for all these awesome times and a lot of opportunities to help the server.

Staff -

You've always been there for me and I enjoy every minute being with all of you.
    Sometimes I'm closer to one staff member than another, but that doesn't mean I like you guys less over others. One love <3

Stephfork - You, sassy little fork aap, deserve one medal. And you know pretty well what kind of medal that would be. We've had great times and you've always been there for me. I could go on for hours, but I guess you already know :p

Pescotti & bokanella - You two are like my brothers.. I don't know; we always get each other and we can always finish each others sentences.

arkon204 - bbyboy. You came into my ImDeity life pretty late. I've always seen you around, but never really talked to you. When I became mayor of CloudBirth, you offered me to help. I knew you had been on the server for quite a while, so I gave it a shot. You turned out to be one crazy guy, with a lot of humour and happiness. Together with your cousin, you guys are a fun gang to hang out with.

MrDotPredator - I don't know what to say, man. We've had one big down-time. Though, I think we're kinda recovering from that. You've been my graphics buddy for a while now and you've always wanted to teach me stuff (like the rendering :D). Appreciated :)

TumpTheDump - Same story as with Pred: we've had our down-times. Though, being in a channel with you on TeamSpeak is always funny. Your humor and your comments on stuff that happens are so funny, that it's hard not to burst out laughing.

iiPod & Fanasey - Without you guys on my first day(s) of ImDeity, I probably wouldn't have stayed. Thanks for accepting me into Hades back in the days.

I don't have a lot of time, so if you feel like you're missing; please drop me a comment :D

shai12345, The_Yogs, Nohats and 8 others like this.
  3. LupusOmegaX

LupusOmegaX

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    LupusOmegaX
    Congrats on 2 years Squared. Hopefully you'll stick around for a third. Keep on derpin'.

iSquared likes this.
  4. Hadba

Hadba

In-Game Name:
    Hadba
    Congrats on the two years! :D You better stick around ;D

iSquared likes this.
  5. MrDotPredator

MrDotPredator

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MrDotPredator
    Er...mah...freaking...gerd!
    I was added in a Goodbye/Anniversary Post without me complaining! :D I feel accomplished!
    But all fun aside, Panda you are one of the Most Talented Graphics Designers I know and it's a pleasure to even watch you and learn from your skills. We DO need to do more stuff like that, maybe we could pester Deity so we can borrow the Front Page Stream sometime and we can work on something Epic! :D And even just chillin' out in the same TeamSpeak Channel could be an idea too to "Catch up".
    A great big Congratulations from me for your 2 Years, my Graphics Buddy!

\^-^/ <-- Have some "Dotteh Love", it's on me and it doesn't come free!

iSquared likes this.
  6. Stephfork

Stephfork

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Stephfork
    Congrats Panda!
    2 years is quite the achievement and I am so privileged to say I got to meet you and become your friend. Thanks for everything, aap, and here's to the past and future memories!

iSquared likes this.
  7. tran052699

tran052699

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    tran052699
    CONGRATULATIONSSSS! And for many moore!

iSquared likes this.
  8. iSquared

iSquared

• Senior Moderator
    • Gold
    In-Game Name:
    iSquared
    Omg I forgot about you D:
    You little panda, you :D

tran052699 likes this.
  9. Tallpines

Tallpines

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tallpines
    Congrats!!!Cant wait to see your 3rd year post!

iSquared likes this.
  10. Gawkan

Gawkan

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Gawkan
    Congrats Panda! :D

iSquared likes this.
  11. FaTd33r

FaTd33r

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    FaTd33r
    What a screenshot you have there!
    vv's name is showing up, heh, that's been awhile for sure.

Anyway, yay for your two years Panda :)
    Seeing all that... *sniff*

iSquared likes this.
  12. Bella

Bella

In-Game Name:
    lolabellaz123
    Congrats iSquared! :)

iSquared likes this.
  13. arkon204

arkon204

In-Game Name:
    arkon204
    omg bby gurl 10/10 wud nutella dip. sch a htspice.

Congrats bbyboi. ;3
    Fankoo for including me. And also for including that blonde thing.

GSProxy, Stick, FaTd33r and 1 other person like this.
  14. puff0091

puff0091

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    puff0091
    Congrats Panda , Also can you help me with my english?

15. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    Congrats, Panda <3

iSquared likes this.
  16. Dragonslayer314

Dragonslayer314

In-Game Name:
    Dragonslayer314
    iSquared (Panda) is congratulated by me on this accomplishment.

iSquared likes this.
  17. Gwenhywar

Gwenhywar

• Head Moderator
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Gwenhywar
    Gratz, Panda. :) For another million years. ;)

iSquared likes this.
  18. Nohats

Nohats

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Nohats
    lol " squaredycat" Congrats btw. I hope I get to know you; you seem like a nice guy.

iSquared likes this.
  19. tran052699

tran052699

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    tran052699

Pandas stick together!!!1!1!! :)

iSquared likes this.
  20. iSquared

iSquared

• Senior Moderator
    • Gold