1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Guilds Idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by SharpyArcher, March 2, 2016.

1. SharpyArcher

SharpyArcher

In-Game Name:
    SharpyArcher
    I think we should be able to make guilds in the main world. It would obviously cost money to make, but it would be helpful to everybody. So there would be big guilds and small guilds. Big guilds would be like the Merchant's guild for shop owners, Three guild classes, like upper, middle, and lower... And the guilds could have their own chat channel, where you type in /guild chat [GuildName] and be able to speak to one of the guilds you are in. This could also help people make companies, like a building company. Also, there could be guilds made by players and big guilds made by the server, but you have to undergo a few quests first. That would be fun. Not factions exactly, but groups of people that will stick together. Also, once you join one of the big guilds, you can do more quests and earn money through them. Also each guild could make it's own warps and the main warp would be if you do /Guildhall [Guildname]. I would love to be able to start my own guild, since playing Skyrim has got me in the mood for those types of groups (Not Thieves Guild Or Dark Brotherhood, mind you). I hope you approve this idea! I put a lot f time and effort into making this thread!

Savie2424 likes this.
  2. Fiver26

Fiver26

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Fiver26
    So basically a town

BarryX15 and Sephronia like this.
  3. Sephronia

Sephronia

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Sephronia
    Hi Sharpy,

Your suggestion for Guilds basically sounds like a different version of a town crossed with factions, I.E. their own chat channel, ability to make warps, ranks etc. It needs a lot of filling in and I have two main questions.

1) What are the restrictions with joining a Guild?
    • Can only certain Classes join certain Guilds?
    • Can you join more than one Guild at a time?
    • How are Guilds formed? Who is in charge of a Guild?
    • Are they voted in? Are they appointed by Server Staff?

2) What are the benefits of joining a Guild?
    • You say do more Quests, does that mean people who aren't part of that Guild cannot do those quests?
    • What other benefits are there?
    • If there are ranks, what does each rank give? What does it cost? What would be the requirements?
    I cannot see anything stopping people from making a Guild or Company at the moment. Make a thread in the appropriate forum, get members, ask your town to make a Public Warp, claim a plot with certain Permissions on it.

Many thanks,
    Seph

Qazz, legoazurp and BarryX15 like this.
  4. SharpyArcher

SharpyArcher

In-Game Name:
    SharpyArcher
    1. The guilds would be available to all classes, except things like a Merchant's guild would be only the shopkeepers, and a builders' guild would be available to anyone, while a mechanics' guild would be only available to a craftsman. Also, you can join multiple guilds at a time. Also the leader of a guild is the Guildmaster, the one who creates the guild, and gets other players to join. I was thinking that they could be guilds that you could make for a bit of money, and pays taxes for each member that joins. Also, server staff would be able to make sure that the guilds are not doing anything illegal, like making a thieves guild, or Griefers guild. The guild's buildings would be made inside different towns where the leaders live or out in the wilderness.
    2. The benefits of joining a guild would be that it's easier to do chats with groups of people, regardless of the world you are in. Another benefit of joining a guild is that you can receive pay for jobs done by the guild completed by you. So, say someone hires a builder's guild to do a job. They would send a few people, and those people would be paid say... 75% of the job, and the Guild gets the other 25%. Also, the guild members might have to pay small dues, less than the taxes in a town. Also, the ranks would be in this order. Guildmaster (Leader), Lieutenant Guildmaster (Back up leader), Guildkeeper (In charge of more experienced members), Guild Advisor (In charge of new recruits and a certain branch of the Guild), Guild Officer (More experienced member, gets to work on bigger jobs), Guild member (Regular member that can do intermediate jobs), and Guild Recruits (New members that can only do easier jobs and are still learning). Also, I feel like the bigger guilds which would be approved by Server staff, should be able to have more power,so they an vote on stuff around the server, such as new rules, etc. I think if you are in a bigger guild, some jobs would be quests that only members of the guild can do.
    Please tell me what you think!

No. This can be made within towns, but they are companies and groups of people.

Last edited by a moderator: March 3, 2016
  5. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    Can't this already be done with the plugins we have? You can ask you town mayor or create a town yourself for storage, you can use the form private conversation system and private teamspeak channels for communication.

Regarding #2 and the 75/25% split in the profits:

Why would anyone do that? For craftsmen it is far better to work alone. Besides most people already build their builds alone and only call a craftsman to put some redstone or decorative material. On average a craftsmen is called in the public chat, responds instantly, places the blocks in a few minutes and gets payed. Having a guild manage all that takes too long, and craftsmen freelancers will starve the guilds out.

For nobles guilds make no sense. They already have towns to manage, and all the needed communication and coordination networks for their job.

Merchants could profit with this. Better managing prices and supply/demand of certain good. But do we want this for them? Right now every merchants is in competition with every other merchant in having a better shop, with more stock, more profit and lesser prices. Why would we want to make it easier for merchants to organize and make monopolies or manipulate prices?

BarryX15 likes this.
  6. SharpyArcher

SharpyArcher

In-Game Name:
    SharpyArcher
    Umm.... No. These guilds would make it easier to advertise, and guilds have more workers than regular guys, so more people are likely to hire a guild to get a job done. Also, the Guild Chat will help people talk with only certain groups, that way people don't have to use /tell so much. Tell me a thing that's really wrong with my idea please.

7. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    1. People are in fact less likely to hire a group of people than just one, the reason for that is that for crafstmen, placing their specific blocks, there usually is very little work to do. This is because many people build their builds themselves and then call the craftsmen to place a few special blocks. This does not require a group of people, but one person.
    2. Merchants and Nobles don't need guilds to perform their duties (as stated in my previous post).
    3. To create a new plugin for this we need programmers to make them, and at this moment we are VERY low on programmers. The few we have are working on maintaining the stuff we already have and can't spare time to create things we don't need. And we don't need this because there are already enough ways to communicate (forum, teamspeak, various chats,...) and protect stuff.

The only part of this idea which i agree with is that there should be a party chat, a way to add multiple people to a private conversation in chat.

Sephronia likes this.
  8. MasahiroRina

MasahiroRina

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MasahiroRina
    I think most people use teamspeak for party, non-town private chats.

9. SharpyArcher

SharpyArcher

In-Game Name:
    SharpyArcher
    You don't even like the quests and stuff? Surely that must have some weight in it. Also, you stated in your earlier statement that merchants could benefit from this. I see no reason why merchants shouldn't be able to change prices to how they see fit, because that's their JOB. Also, I think that the town thing you suggested, is a bit much. My idea allows you to be in different towns, yet still have different things you can have, like a town, but not the same thing.

10. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    We have quests already. How would they be different?

Merchants already are able to change prices as much as they want to, it is only the matter of demand and supply of goods. Why would they need another plugin for it?

Seeing the conclusion that the most useful feature is separate chat channel, would Qazz's suggestion for group chat channels fit here?

legoazurp likes this.
  11. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    1. We already have quests for all people, why should we invest time and manpower to make quests for small groups of people instead of making them for all.
    2. I did not say that the merchants would benefit from this, I said they would profit. Read exactly what I said. I said that it would allow merchants to make monopolies and manipulate prices. Here is an example of this:

Lets say the price of a stack of wood is 50 dei. This is the market price, aka. the lowest price a person is ready to pay for this and the merchant can profit from it. Right now, the merchants are in competition with each other, which means they try to have a lower price than their competitors in order to sell more. With your suggestions, all the merchants could join a merchant guild, and decide to all raise the price from 50 to 500 dei. This is more than the worth, but because all the merchants raised the price at the same time people have no choice but to pay it. This is a form of EXTORTION. It is not good for the economy. IRL governments also try to prevent similar things. Your suggestion in regards to merchant guilds would hurt the server economy by making monopolies and extortion easier.

Fiver26, BarryX15 and Blackesy like this.
  12. SharpyArcher

SharpyArcher

In-Game Name:
    SharpyArcher
    Not at all. Instead, this would encourage people to collect more wood, and would help some people save money, but it would make people who are super reliant on others either sink or swim. Also, the Merchant's guild would probably be used for helping other merchants get items from each other, and could help there too.

Well, the quests would be special for the guild members, and would overall make the process of joining a guild a bit more fun and a little bit profitable. These quests would give guildmembers rewards for completion, like some trinket or treasure.

Last edited by a moderator: March 7, 2016