1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Donation Money to towns.

Discussion in 'Kingdoms General' started by FecalFairy, February 22, 2012.

?

Would you give that raging assistant their money back?

1. Obviously not.

31 vote(s)
    91.2%
  2. Yes.

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. FecalFairy

FecalFairy

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    FecalFairy
    If someone donated to the server and then with their donator money donated to the town they were in... (stay with me please.) are they allowed to come back to that town after leaving in a rage and starting a new town demanding the money that they donated into the town back, claiming that they will get us into trouble if we do not give them the money that they willingly donated to our town, can we actually get in trouble if we do not give them the money that they deposited into the town bank back?

reread it if you are having trouble understand. Btw Hypothetically, this person also tried to ruin their extown and tried to suck members of said town to their new one.

2. eltono999

eltono999

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    eltono999
    Any money given is badically money gone. They gave the town the money, the town owns and has control over the money. Its theor fault for giving the money, its the towns nown

3. MGBroadcast

MGBroadcast

In-Game Name:
    MGBroadcast
    I'm pretty sure it's all up to the town. The town can keep the money as it was given to them. It's very/highly unlikely any admins or mods would get involved as this falls onto a town matter.

4. eltono999

eltono999

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    eltono999
    Oh and may i ask who this was? If it was an assistant im interested..

5. Derekj54

Derekj54

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Szai_
    seems like a rude thing to do to such a loving town

6. FecalFairy

FecalFairy

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    FecalFairy
    Exactly my point derek <3
    anyways. This is completely hypothetical.

7. Realm1121

Realm1121

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Realm1121
    If any person leaves a town after putting money in it, I think that money is lost mostly cause for the time you spent in the town say 30 days with a quad plot worth 6k. 200+2 dei per plot the town spent 6000 dei on that persons house (ofc the 200 is from the base town start-up but any and all dei is required for town expansions) In my town I let the assistants use the town bank as a personal banking system because it saves them dei per day they play on ideity because of the 1% vs the flat amount the town uses anyways so 10k dei in a player inv is 100 dei a day then 99 etc, vs the deposited 9500 dei into the bank making the player only give up 1% of their 500 for 5 dei. But if an assistant who wanted to leave the town did have stashed cash I'm sure id let them part with it, plots dei is another matter.

strydier likes this.
  8. CarlosErnesto

CarlosErnesto

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    CarlosErnesto
    Wow… you're telling me that, when I was a normal member of towns, and I had 12K Dei, I would pay 120 for a /t spawn? Whoa… glad to use /home and be assistant. Lol.

9. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    And what makes you think that? /t spawn is 5 dei no matter what unless it's free b/c of your class, town position.

10. 42mileslong

42mileslong

In-Game Name:
    42mileslong
    I think you might have gotten confused with the tax. I'm pretty sure (not positive, this is an interpretation of what Realm said and what I know) that you get taxed by Deity 1% a day. Mods and Admins, please tell me if I'm wrong.

11. CarlosErnesto

CarlosErnesto

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    CarlosErnesto
    My mistakes. I never knew about the tax though. Wow...

12. Realm1121

Realm1121

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Realm1121
    thank you ye i ment tax by the server per day towns are a flat amount varied by town set tax amount

13. Kassial

Kassial

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Kassial
    Honestly, I just see this sort of thing as another town matter; which would vary from circumstance to circumstance. It's something that should be dealt with internally between said town and said member(s). However, if it became out of hand and a moderator was to intervene then I would have to say that any money donated/placed in the town bank is the town's money from there on out.

14. Bonesetter1775

Bonesetter1775

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Bonesetter1775
    No one donates money to an organization that helps kids with cancer, and then expects to be able to get that money back down the road.

No one donates money to a school's Parent-Teacher Organization and then expects to take it back if their child misbehaves.

Likewise, no one should donate to a town's bank and expect to get the dei back. I've seen residents hold a 12k dei donation over a Mayor's head, and it was a situation of bullcrap. In the end, when he tried to use that donation money to his advantage upon being a bad towny, the Mayor booted him. And kept the dei, as it was a donation.

I hope this helps!

thejacoborg likes this.
  15. Rillaith

Rillaith

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Rillaith
    I'm so keeping out of this one. I saw the thread with the other side of the story, and as you can imagine, they're substantially separate views! That implied there was consensus that it was "storage" (for tax avoidance) rather than "donation" which means only those involved really have a clue what the deal was!

16. Den

Den

In-Game Name:
    Multani
    ima go start mining gold to make a town...brb...in a week