1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Dev update 10.17.2013 (help, permissions)

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by btarb24, October 17, 2013.

1. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    Command help
    • How to use help:
      • command help can be accessed by typing the command and then the word help or a ?. Example: /town help
      • commands with many sub commands will have multiple pages of help. You can access these additional pages by specifying the specific page you want. Example to get page 2: /town ? 2
    • Commands are listed alphabetically now
    • Each subcommand can now have it's own description. (commands that had multiple subcommands such as /town set, /town warp, etc all had the same description before due to a limitation in the api).
    • Each page of help now lists 10 commands. Previously it was 5.
    • Added a Version command to all plugins. /api version, /fly version, etc. This is mostly useful for me so i can see what version is deployed, but maybe you'll find it useful as well.
    Town permissions
    • Towns can no longer set any permission to Friend. This setting was entirely illogical anyway since towns couldn't add friends to begin with.
    • I searched for all Towns with Friend permissions and automatically set them to Public.
    • Town staff now has full access to all resident-owned plots - no exceptions.
    Resident permissions
    • I changed the Access permission for all Residents to Public
    • I re-enabled private plot access - the invisible wall
    • Set the default for new players to be Public access
    • I added a 1000 dei fee for a resident to set their Access permission to anything other than Public.
      • You will not be charged if you change from one non-public permission to another non-public permission.
      • you will be charged again if you change from non-public to public.. and then try to go back to non-public again.
    • Improved error messages for the /res set permission commands

Last edited: October 17, 2013
  2. BriarRose

BriarRose

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BriarRose00
    Today I found out that an assistant of the town can open doors, chests, and destroy blocks even though I have my Use and Edit permissions set to F.
    Is this suppose to happen?

Edit: Lovely - now I have to remove all doors.

Last edited: December 8, 2013
  3. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    Yes, Town staff should have access to your plot no matter what. Though, if they're abusing their privileges then bring it up with the mayor. If it continues then i'd suggest finding a different town. Use your discretion on whether a ticket should be made or not. Towns have guidelines that they must follow or else they can be punished from the server staff.