1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Deity War Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by ngennaro, May 19, 2013.

1. AznShoGun

AznShoGun

I have only joined war a few times and got the grasp of it. But what I seem to notice is that (don't know if this is correct) the teams seems to be stacked. I don't know if you get to choose a team or not because when you get ported to the arena, there's a red and blue side and despite me standing on one side, I don't think it makes a difference. I think random teams would be a good addition to war.

2. Typodestoyer

Typodestoyer

In-Game Name:
    Typodestoyer
    Teams are random... Can you explain what you mean?

3. NAHANINJA

NAHANINJA

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    NAHANINJA
    What if teams were chosen based on the skills of the players who signed up for war? For example, people with a higher number of kills are split evenly between the teams.

_SilentMan_ likes this.
  4. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP

Yes but than it would not be as fun. You would always fight the same people and newer get a chance to play with them if you have the a similar style of playing as they. I am all for randomness.

tchand and ngennaro like this.
  5. LlamaWithAGun

LlamaWithAGun

• BANNED
    In-Game Name:
    LlamaWithAGun
    I'm only speaking for myself here but personally I like war the way it is. It is "mainly" skill based, i.e. I've gone into fights on lower hearts than the other person but due to mobility and sharpshooting I can pick the guy off. I say "mainly" skill based because, as of lately, lag has become a huge issue for some of us. For me, I rely on a bow and knowing where the enemy is going to be; take that away from me, i'm just dead meat. And lag is doing such thing - arrows aren't firing straight away and players are block lagging around, not running in a smooth line.

My mac runs on a high fps plus my internet is super quick, I am almost certain the lag is server side (backed up by other people experiencing the same issue). Although being a moderator on another pvp server, i'm no god at server knowledge. I'm not sure on what causes or cuts down lag, but I can only give you my best guesses.

For me, I experience lag mainly on big games. If there is about 9 or 10 people signed up to war, it is generally fine. However, when it gets to around 13 / 14 people that's when the lag creeps in. My suggestion is have multiple lobbies for war. If there is 10 people signed up have a 5v5, if there is 20 people have two 5 v 5's.

Personally, smaller games are better for me connection wise and fighting wise therefore would love to see this implemented.

On a side note:
    • spawn killing is an issue but not a huge one in my opinion. I don't like the idea of a one hit kill because sometimes I am forced into going near their spawn (being chased and such). I think just from now on, any maps made should take spawn killing into concideration. Like that one with the bunkers and the tanks. It is impossible to make the jump to get into the spawn area after jumping into or over the bunker, it makes archery more fun and although able to have a teams spawn zone on lock, they at least have a fighting chance with all the cover.
    • more game modes is a good idea but should be done in a certain way: i.e. once picked the maps an option comes up in chat saying "Team death match /vote 1 CTF /vote 2 King of the hill /vote 3". Free for all's wont work because where will people spawn? Unless they are ported to a random area on the map like cod or something.
    • I really don't like the idea of killstreaks, it marginally takes away some of the skill aspect behind it (enchanted weapons are obviously superior so fights aren't exactly fair). Please don't implement this :D Juan will just become op

Majora_Unmasked likes this.
  6. NAHANINJA

NAHANINJA

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    NAHANINJA
    I have an idea for something that really should be added to war. According to btarb, it should be pretty way to implement. At the end of each round in war I would love it if I was notified how many kills I got, and how many deaths I got.

Also, what if a partial kill was added when you assisted someone in killing a player. Then we wouldn't be able to steal each others kills, and we would be awarded for assisting other people kill the opposing teams players.

(Like this post if these should be implemented into war :D)