1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Creative Review Team Idea/Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Fiver26, January 29, 2014.

1. Fiver26

Fiver26

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Fiver26
    Before I actually begin my suggestion/idea I would like to apologize for any word vomit that seems to happen. If something does not sound like it was worded correctly please ask, I will clarify. Also I am writing this suggestion with no intentions of insulting/insinuating harsh things about anyone, so if it seems that way I apologize, I tend to (as stated) word vomit when I’m nervous or writing something I feel is important. I also want to apologize if someone suggested this before, but I dug through the suggestions and found nothing exactly,or thoroughly explained like it.

Everyone knows we have mods who judge the creative builds, everyone knows they have lives! Everyone knows sometimes, their lives get in the way of doing things on the server, and that’s ok! Everyone is entitled to having their own life! Yet even during those crises, the creative seems to get pushed to the back of their minds, and the main server takes up their time (not taken by crises, or when they come back from crisis) because they have a duty as mods to do their mod thing on the main server. So I’m proposing having some people specifically set to judge creative builds. To lighten the load of the mods basically (clarification, the mods who judge would still judge, there would just be some non-mods judging as well).

Of course these wouldn’t be just a bunch on random Joes who fill out a form if they want to. I propose they would be those in the level 5 and above plots, ones that get picked by Deity or whoever is in charge of the creative server. You would ask them, and if they approve, they would get trained, technically, in how the judging works, what to look for, ect. Maybe there would be creative judge team meeting, I donno, that’s up to you.

Now before someone says it, I know people in level 5 are working on their build, and I know they have life issues as well. But I can say from experience that sometimes you need a break from building so that you don’t span and go nuts, and looking at other peoples builds can actually help reduce that nuts spell, unless its better than yours…and they’ve been working on it less…then you might snap.

Of course you may say level 5 isn't good enough to be judges, heck, maybe you could say people at level 6 would be the judges (as far as I know only Hallideadly is close to level six though), or even someone at a lower level could be deemed worthy of it! Another thing before someone says it, “Who’s to say they won’t just promote their friends”, Hmm? Aren’t the mods at the same risk of doing that?(sorry if that sounded snarky, but its the truth if thats your argument) If you work this hard to get to level 5(+) I doubt you’re going to throw away anything extra you get just to please your friends. Also there would obviously be a restriction on approving your own plot, not sure if that would just be spoken word or something else, but that would be a detail you guys would have to figure out if you like the suggestion.

And that it basically, as stated, any questions, feel free to ask!

2. BitOfAle

BitOfAle

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    BitOfAle
    Beautiful idea! I think everyone is sick of having people who don't even have equal level plots judging a rank 5 or even 6. People with 5 and up plots can sign up to judge, by passing a test or something. Then we can all be happy as creative world is filled with HELPFUL responses and people having new hope to rank up. As more people can judge, the higher the level to be able to judge should be, this will also lessen the terriboring time of waiting till your plot gets graded. Nohats himself, a great friend and builder said something like this, "why should people with a lower level than me judge my plots!??!" Sorry I'm making so many suggestions fiver I just fell in love with this idea and think that it should go to work as soon as minecraftly possible. :D

3. Fiver26

Fiver26

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Fiver26
    i remember having a slimier conversation with you yesterday so your added suggestions are fine ;)

4. SweetMaple

SweetMaple

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    SweetMaple
    We have talked about something similar in the future. Thanks for your input, but we have discussed all these options. This is not something that we are going to be doing at this time.