1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Choose the Right Door Game Show?

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Shiikuro, April 22, 2012.

?

Should this be an event?

1. Yes

81.8%
  2. No

18.2%
  1. Shiikuro

Shiikuro

In-Game Name:
    Shiikuro
    This event would be for a few contestants. It could be 3 per 2 hours or so. Contestants are given a trivial/hard question by their choice - Easy, Medium, or hard. The correct and incorrect answers will be on top of a few entrances with answers on top of the corridors. They would have to go through this little tunnel and then hit a lever to fall through the ground. If they got it wrong they would fall into lava and be eliminated. The correct players will land in water. Easy questions are 5 Dei, medium are 10 Dei and Hard are 20 Dei. Whoever survived the whole game gets the amount added up.

(The questioning system might be changed on how the community wants it to be :D)

So... what do you guys think?

~Update 1~ So here is the new ideas for this game bluprint.

Name(Could still be changed): The Labyrinth of Knowledge
    Set-up:
    1) There will be either 1 ginormous rooms for the contestants, or multiple rooms containing 1 or few contestants.
    2) The rooms will have a number of hallways with the letters 'A,B,C, ect.' on top of each hallway. The correct answer can be alternated from a room using redstone materials and switches. (For example, if the correct answer was 'A,' a switch can easily be flicked on so that the 'C' is now the correct letter. This will prevent returning players from memorizing the answers.)
    3) There will be switches at the end of each hallway. If the player gets the answer right, they drop down into another room for more questions. If they are incorrect however, they will be dropped down into lava and are eliminated. But, if the rooms are going to hold more than 1 player, than when the switch is chosen, there will be a closing at the beginning of the chosen hallway so that the others can't see if they survived or not.

~Update 2~This game would be only once or even twice a week. Only 25 contestants (still deciding) can join. Each player can only play once per week. This allows the chance to have small number of players per game. One person who can play once a week rule can allow new players to play as well, instead of having ,for example, 13 people from the last game makes up the majority playing the next game in the same week. This means that the 12 can enjoy it, but we want everyone to be able to play at least once and enjoy what others are enjoying.

2. moirafae

moirafae

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    moirafae
    One of the more original ideas I've heard in a while, as most server-wide games suggested involve pvp or killing mobs. I do like a good quiz maze. :) You could try building this in-game, though ... Not sure how feasible it would be to create on a seperate world, with interchangeable questions and so forth, to the point that you could do it every few hours with a group of people, but then I'm certain that there are people who are excellent at programming and modding and so forth that could figure a plug-in out that might be able to do what you're thinking.

3. Shiikuro

Shiikuro

In-Game Name:
    Shiikuro
    Thanks! I don't think it should be hourly. Maybe once to twice a week for new questions. And the questions can be created by a team who wants to willingly spend their time coming up with questions. It'd be one hard event to host but I suppose it can be done with a little effort!

4. Koolstir

Koolstir

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Koolstir
    Also, if they stand still for more then 10 seconds you are eliminated because you are probably looking up the question on google.

dmandork and Moiriana like this.
  5. Lord_Aquarius

Lord_Aquarius

In-Game Name:
    Lord_Aquarius
    Maybe it could be a contest on how fast you can look things up on google? 10 seconds? Challenge Accepted.

Sephronia likes this.
  6. Blackbullet17

Blackbullet17

In-Game Name:
    Blackbullet17
    If you just put [A], , or [C] on the doors, then it would be easier to have multiple questions. you'd use pistons to move blocks in front of the questions. you could easily have 4 different questions. Then, if you're running redstone for the question, you connect it to the door system. All the doors would be iron and all would have lava underneath. the question that comes up could control which door will open and which lava would open. Of course, the whole system is dependent on the use of sticky pistons. Just a quick little rant... Sticky pistons are one of the most useful tools and this is the only server that I've been on that blocks them...

7. Arwenden

Arwenden

• Senior Moderator
    In-Game Name:
    Arwenden
    Reminds me of a passage in a book..

'Percy Jackson: The Battle of the Labyrinth'. Annabeth had to choose between two doors guarded by the minor god Janus. Janus is the Roman God of choices.
    I'm your best friend, I'm your worst enemy, I'm Janus, God of Doorways. Beginnings. Endings. Choices.

So maybe call it something with that? Hehe, that I would love.

Anyhow! I like this idea, seems like fun and is not a PvP event, which makes it even more fun for me!

AlmightyCobra likes this.
  8. Blackbullet17

Blackbullet17

In-Game Name:
    Blackbullet17
    I don't know how the dei/rewards would work but I figure it's much like the quest system. It would actually be pretty easy to have over 16 different questions. A limitation is that only 1 person could guess at a time. After each guess, the doors could change questions/answers. I may build one of these sometime on a server that allows sticky pistons. it sounds pretty fun and, other than the rewards, can be completely vanilla. It's also easy to install a timer. I think one issue may be how to make sure they are standing on the drop pad to push the button. An easier fix would be to just use 1 door and three buttons. 1 button, for example, button opens the door. The other two open the trap. This could still be altered for each question so that button [A] or [C] can be the correct answers.

9. Arwenden

Arwenden

• Senior Moderator
    In-Game Name:
    Arwenden
    Or! You make two platforms on which someone should stand.

Like (X) or (O) .. in case of 'yes/no' questions, and the platform which is not the correct answer will disappear. :) And do it with more people instead of 1, would be fun in my opinion.

Just an idea.. ;)

10. Blackbullet17

Blackbullet17

In-Game Name:
    Blackbullet17
    That's would be an excellent idea. "Do you go with the masses? or are you sure you have the right answer despite what everyone else is doing? 50 contestants will battle with only their wits until a lone victor remains!"

You could do the same thing with three doors as well. You could even vary how many doors there are. stick the system on a 20 second timer or something for each gate. If it's an event, so that everyone can see the question, just use one question that everyone can quickly read, or put multiple of the same question up. It can also be wired so that the game makers can just change the answer door with the flick of 2 levers. Then, as long as they change the questions, they can quickly and easily change the answer.

11. moi8209

moi8209

In-Game Name:
    moi8209
    they're going to be questions about the server or minecraft or other?

12. Shiikuro

Shiikuro

In-Game Name:
    Shiikuro
    Yeah they could be. For example, 'Name a moderator' or 'How many of the items do you need to make a full set of armor.'
    I'm really liking the ideas guys. Keep them up!

13. nolarboot

nolarboot

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    megashedinja
    Then again, though this is a decent idea, we must consider that once people make it through the mazes of questions/answers, there will be people going back and telling others things like, "It wasn't this answer" or "This is the right answer". There would theoretically need to be a massive pool of questions to keep this sort of thing from happening.

C0nfuseki and Kassial like this.
  14. Blackbullet17

Blackbullet17

In-Game Name:
    Blackbullet17
    ...and a massive pool is really only possible with a mod. If, however, it is a bi-daily event or something, and you have all your contestants go at once, you would only need a new question per door bi-daily. If you set up 4 at each door and just change them at the flip of a switch, you could do a weeks worth at one time. It would still take some time though.

15. moi8209

moi8209

In-Game Name:
    moi8209
    your going to have to think up a Lot of different questions then

16. Blackbullet17

Blackbullet17

In-Game Name:
    Blackbullet17
    I know :(
    Here's a thought though. since I assume it would be run on a cloud, you could just have the server send it in a message. However, I don't know how you'd link that to the doors. I guess that wouldn't work without a plug-in.

17. Shiikuro

Shiikuro

In-Game Name:
    Shiikuro
    I think that there should be a chat plugin where you can only see one person talk. In this case, global chat, local chat, messaging, ect. can not be received or sent. The only person allowed to send messages in the chat would be the Advisor asking the questions. Then it would be easy to see without having to repeat the question over and over again.

18. luke543210

luke543210

In-Game Name:
    luke543210
    hello people your gonna have to ask lots of different questoins!!!!

19. Arwenden

Arwenden

• Senior Moderator
    In-Game Name:
    Arwenden
    No ****, Sherlock..

I agree that if this will be implented someone will ask the questions, and I assumed it would be in the first place. But now you guys bring it up I guess I should not have assumed it. An event moderator should ask questions imo.

20. Coolio5462

Coolio5462

In-Game Name:
    coolio5462
    I have a solution for the telling of answers to other people after the maze. You would make many different rooms. Each room would have it's answers. People would only be able to go inot those rooms every, lets say, 2o minutes, and by then, the answers could have been reset along with the right answer. Also, if you made an insane amount of rooms that all had a lot of the same questions but all had different right ones, it would be impossible, if not extremely hard, for one to cheat.