1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

apple or pc

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by skylord_soroga, February 21, 2012.

?

apple or pc

1. PC

69.4%
  2. apple

30.6%
  1. skylord_soroga

skylord_soroga

In-Game Name:
    feehan0
    this is probly one of the more commen questions asked to people so im asking YOU for YOUR point of veiw
    try not to have a huge argument here
    just tell what you know and if you can tell where you got the informantion from
    You Know forget what I said earlier go NUTS have a massive arguments get some blood pumping try to make other people believe why the system you picked is better and i dont what to see no "Apple/PC/laptop is Just simply better then the others"
    YOU MUST PROVE WHY if you to full of yourself to make a comment don't bother to make a post vote but don't post one more thing this is about systems NOT about system software

2. lewiskilliton

lewiskilliton

In-Game Name:
    lewiskillington
    I think it is a matter of personal preference, just like if you prefer Xbox 360 or ps3.

BigDeer and vanZeben like this.
  3. skylord_soroga

skylord_soroga

In-Game Name:
    feehan0
  4. Legocloneguy22

Legocloneguy22

In-Game Name:
    Legocloneguy22
    PC is easier to use for me but I have use it all my life.

5. KiddieWish

KiddieWish

In-Game Name:
    KiddieWish
    I don't always accidentally, but when I do, I accidentally the whole thing. That's why I chose a PC.

Alex Miers and BigDeer like this.
  6. FizzleCrank

FizzleCrank

In-Game Name:
    FizzleCrank
    lol wut?

PC's all the way bro, apples are good for one thing, a paper weight, no seriously the only thing really good on a mac is the graphic design work, because thats pretty much what theyre designed for, PC's are so much better in every other aspect, Fact.

Takhz and AntonioBarbarian like this.
  7. Takhz

Takhz

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Takhz
    Y U NO HAVE BRAINZ!?

I hateh youzzz.
    APPLE or PC?

You got it wrong. SO wrong. Apple is not the only freakin' laptop out there, you wanna know why it's expensive? because of the Logo. I can get a laptop just as good as an apple anywhere, for 60% less. Probably an even better laptop than an apple. -_- Seriously doode.
    Gaming only: pc.
    Movies and shizz: laptop.
    Fun and easy to move around with: laptop. A good laptop can also play a huge variety of hardcore games.

My opinion: To hell with Apple, get another laptop if you want some mobility. A PC if your only interested in gaming and surfing the internet.

FallingWithStyle and Banjofox like this.
  8. AntonioBarbarian

AntonioBarbarian

In-Game Name:
    AntonioBarbarian
    I used PCs my whole life, tossing another vote there

9. Arwenden

Arwenden

• Senior Moderator
    In-Game Name:
    Arwenden
    PC... My dad never allowed me to buy an Apple one, and I thank him for that.

Seriously Apple costs way to much for what it offers, it looks nice and all but that's it. I simply use a laptop for everything I do, 'cuz I don't like desktops, laptops are so mobile. Anyway PC for ever :)

Takhz and fergfin like this.
  10. FizzleCrank

FizzleCrank

In-Game Name:
    FizzleCrank
    Anyone with an ounce of knowledge in regards to I.T. or some PC hardware knowledge and Mac knowledge will agree PC's are better there are some ignorant people out there that will argue that apple mac's are better because "it does everything a pc does" simply put no it doesnt.

And if any body states that they have gotten faster and more flexible in the last few years this is why

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple's_transition_to_Intel_processors

PC CPU's!

11. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    I have a ton of knowledge in regards to IT, I have been working in the field for almost 16 years now, and grew up with computers around before my career began.

Every single PC laptop that I have had at my various IT positions has died after or become basically unusable after less than 2 years. In my current job, I received a MacBook Pro 3 1/2 years ago to use for work.

It runs just as well as it did 3 1/2 years ago and has never had an issue where it needed to be repaired or even a reinstall. And the first Mac I owned was a MacMini I bought almost 5 years ago that runs just as well as when I bought it and has had no issues.

So yes, the initial cost would be a little bit more than a Windows laptop, but when it lasts longer and the usability is the same for longer, the cost evens out over time. Plus, the resale value of any Mac is higher than a comparable PC. So that is another way to get back some of your cost if you're buying a new Mac.

Also, the MacBook Pro is for a bit more than graphics design. I don't work in graphics design. OS X has utilities built in, mainly Unix utilities, that don't come with Windows and don't work quite the same on Windows once you get them installed. Terminal on OS X I use every single day. cmd.exe on Windows isn't even close to it, so no comparison. Other small things such as traceroute and ping in OS X are miles ahead of what Windows has by default.

12. Derekj54

Derekj54

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Szai_
    wow im surprised its that much of a landslide, as much as i dislike mac i thought they were gaining some favor, with iphones and ipads figured people went to mac because they think its cool be do what seems like the new cool thing

13. FizzleCrank

FizzleCrank

In-Game Name:
    FizzleCrank
    And i bet each one of those pc's that u used that died was because of something you were doing, had done, or was messing with to kill it.

Yes windows has its issues but i have had machines run for years without any major catastrophes, and can continue to carry on running, only reason why a machine on windows would just die, is due to users messing around with the computer or nasty virus'sor for one reason or another the hardware dies, you know as well as i do, machines do not just up and die without a reason

Yes the macbook pro is more than graphical engine because its using hardware that was and has been heavily steeped in PC design, so now you can do more. but they are still no where near as good as a PC period. Windows 7, inbuilt driver database saves so much time when it comes to rebuilding. plus so much cleaner and faster to use generally.

Ping and Traceroute are nothing but commands. Plus Terminal is available for windows as well as the built in dos prompt.

i Disagree that the useability of a mac is the same as a laptop / desktop, ive configured and built pc's for all sorts of purposes, things that i know i would struggle to achieve using a mac.

Takhz likes this.
  14. Takhz

Takhz

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Takhz
    But derek! ಠ_ಠ We all know that it's a lie. THE CAKE, IS A LIE.

EDIT: After reading Fizzles' Post, I deleted mine seeing as it is now rendered useless >:D!

We want something stable, something that stays the way it is.

15. HaavardBrumle

HaavardBrumle

In-Game Name:
    HaavardBrumle
    It's different from person to person, me myself like pc because it's the best gaming computer.

16. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    What's that got to do with anything? They didn't change because "PC's are better," they changed because Intel processors were cheaper and faster than PowerPC chips had become, and because Intel gave them better prices. The CPU is just that, the CPU. The actual computer you are using is all of the component parts and the OS together, that has nothing to do with the CPU.

And Windows 8 will be running on ARM processors too. And Windows NT ran on DEC Alpha processors. Neither of these are x86 compatible.

And I bet you probably shouldn't assume things. I used them for work, just like I use the Mac for work. I used them to run Outlook, MS Office, remote desktop, logging into other devices to manage them. That's what you do with work computers. With your logic, I should have killed my MacBook by now too. Or are you saying that PC's will die when something is "messed with" and Macs won't? I think you're saying something good about Macs there.

Rebuilding? I don't have time to do that with a work machine. I need to work, not wait on a machine to install the OS while I'm not working. Installing OSes on PC's is not my job.

Apparently you failed to read my actual statement and just had something ready to type out once you read the word "terminal." cmd.exe, the "DOS" prompt as you call it is crap compared to Terminal.app in OS X or X Term in Linux/BSD. You made the comparison and you don't even know how different they are. And ping and traceroute are not simply "commands." "dir" and "copy" are commands, just like "ls" and "cp" in Linux/BSD, ping and traceroute are not comparable, they are not built in commands. They are command line applications that are very useful if you know what you're doing. Windows ping and tracert are junk compared to the Unix counterparts.

Never once in my original post did I say I didn't use a Windows PC or that I don't like Windows PC. I simply put forth my anecdote, which is the same anecdote that my co-workers have. We all switched from years of Windows laptop to Mac laptops, and they've all had a small amount of problems compared to when they were using Windows PC's.

I use a Windows PC that I built myself at home as my primary computer. I use it to play Minecraft and use it to do everything else I do at home. My wife uses a MacMini. My daughter uses a Windows PC. I having nothing against Windows. But you seem to have an irrational dislike for Macs that I don't comprehend. Especially with your last statement.

17. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    Apple is still the single biggest computer seller. No one company sells more computers than Apple does. I'm not saying that makes them the best, don't get me wrong or misquote me. But it is a fact. Microsoft doesn't make PC's. Dell doesn't sell more computers than Apple, neither does HP. So as a company, just counting computers only, Apple is doing very well.

ThomasL952, Alex Miers, Nauss and 2 others like this.
  18. FizzleCrank

FizzleCrank

In-Game Name:
    FizzleCrank
    you know im not going to speak to you anymore, i mean i know you can be brush brunt and what ever else, but you just seem to be stuck in aggressive gear, and i got enough of my own agression without having to read yours too.

simply put if i reply to your post im gonna go full on fireball and i dont need to. I keep reading your posts and think im just going to reply to this bit, that bit, but no im not going to say a thing to you i find you very offensive VERY antagonistic, and i can literally feel the heat and the adrenalin building up to attack ur post.

im noticing a trend between the moderators of this board.

Takhz likes this.
  19. Earryt

Earryt

In-Game Name:
    earritino111
    pc certainly

20. NinjaCreater

NinjaCreater

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    NinjaCreater
    Mac don't offend me just like mac book pro's...