1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

another Donor perk?

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Hallideadly, February 2, 2014.

1. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    Quick description - make it so we can set a teleport return point.

Long explanation - Example; Someone named player (X) is in the middle of working for his/her town and has run out of supplies. The choices are to go to /mall, /go shop, /home, buy off of another player or go collect on their own. which is all just fine, but after that is done and player X is restocked, how does he/she get back to the location where he/she was working in their town - using town warps then walking, flying.

I would like to propose a new command that sets a teleport return point before we leave our working area. Something like (/mark go shop) then when done shopping do (/mark return).

I am positive this could be a well used command as so many town projects are on the go, in most towns.

Note - if a player leaves the main world after setting a teleport point, that point gets erased/deleted. It should be deleted after the player returns as well.. do not want floating mark points all over the server creating problems.
    Also the set points should not stay for very long either. Set for 30 mins gets deleted. imagine if all players set a mark point and didn't use them.

Another example is when a town hosts a big event. players can set a mark point there if they need to leave for something, getting back would be so much easier.

2. Tallpines

Tallpines

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tallpines
    Halli, you are always spot on with ideas!

3. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    I like the idea, but I don't see much need for it. There is nothing wrong with the system we have already, where you have to walk for a few minutes and/or use town spawns, or warps or tpa.

iSquared likes this.
  4. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    Well Halli is not the only one to say something like this.

For sponsors me and some others were thinking, we should have /sethome and /home, plus a /setwork and /work

This allows for travel between 2 places without a warp or a spawn.

5. dannyotis15

dannyotis15

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    dannyotis15
    I believe that this could be an amazing idea xD

6. DoCharlieBrown

DoCharlieBrown

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    DoCharlieBrown
    Well, that'll depend on which donor package its on. I hope it be Diamond+ Ill be happy or any package, it'll make it more useful to donate? Well, that's up to the players.

maxwell25937 likes this.
  7. MochaBean

MochaBean

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    MochaBean
    Oh, come on. Just add it to all of them.

8. DoCharlieBrown

DoCharlieBrown

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    DoCharlieBrown
    $25 is totally worth it!

9. ChillyChick

ChillyChick

If any functionality like that is added... can the poor/tight people then have /sethome and /home for free and not the 40 limit? :p

10. immaboss

immaboss

In-Game Name:
    cameron_allen
    you could just set your new town location as your /home

11. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    25$ gets unlimited /sethome and /home commands for all of eternity.

Sounds like it belongs a little bit lower down the totem pole than that. If it were to get added, I don't think it'll be available at the VIP slot. Gold looks like the smallest donation it would go to.

Deity has expressed in the past that he doesn't want to have something like this suggestion in part for this reason that lego posted. If we only have to walk for ten seconds before we can simply teleport all over the map, then what is the point of having a map? At that point, we might as well just have a bunch of floating islands. Pretty much all games with large areas incorporate fast traveling, but they only allow you to teleport so much for ease of use, and usually only after you have already visited that location. The reason is so the player has to look at things that time has been spent into creating. Some might argue that our wild areas on the main map are map generated and no time was spent creating it, but that is only partially correct. It was not handmade, but the main world was crafted using terrain controls, much to the dismay of some (although you can pay smc to change biomes).

iSquared and asdfjkll like this.
  12. ChillyChick

ChillyChick

SaintThunder

What's the difference between walking for 10 seconds and flying for 30? If you catch my drift... Besides, i've done a lot of walking and if I am honest it all looks quite similar :p

I appreciate what you are saying though... what's the point of the map if we can teleport all over it etc. But considering that virtual chests and the likes are available it makes a fairly strong case for having extra warps.. fact is that just as some people would rather not lose their stuff when they die.. and have a magic chest available.. so too would some people rather not walk when they could just warp.

heinz_gruber likes this.
  13. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    Fair enough - thanks Lego and Thunder, that does make sense. Can I change my plee to instead get /sethome and /home in the hub?. :rolleyes: - of course not, and I believe I understand the reason why not.

14. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    [​IMG]

15. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    Believe me, I like the idea, and I would really like it added. I will definitely bring it up with Deity, but unless his view has changed, I wouldn't expect much. Maybe he would be willing to add it in as a perk for Diamond or Sponsor.

Not all fly speeds are as fast as walking/running. In fact, only sponsors have 100% fly speed. So too would some people like to just teleport to all their quest locations in a game like Skyrim, but without cheats you can't do that. There are warps to the main spawn, Deity shop (which is only 10 seconds away from the main spawn), horse market, each individual mall shop location, towns, and each towns warps, as well as /homes. That is a lot of warps that are, for the most part, only going to grow as stuff gets added. The main argument for having this command is "I was already there and had to take care of something else, so I should just be able to go back to where I was." Town warps are there to get people quickly to frequently used areas or areas that are far away from the town spawn. So you are theoretically never so far away from one of those warps to warrant having such a command.

Something that I think might work a little better getting approved-wise would be having a command to designate a plot you own as a "home" plot that everyone can get free /thome (/th) warps to. That way people can /sethome wherever they are working. It goes in line with what Heinz said above

ChillyChick and heinz_gruber like this.
  16. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    Well my argument for this is that sponsors are meant to have npc`s or were, but that's never happened, so i was simply grasping for some other toys to improve things at my end and make me feel like the special peasant that i am.

That is why i thought if we have a /home why not a /work?

Do not get me wrong everyone else who wants /homes etc, but i am speaking from the position of someone who thought he would get an npc of his own, that is why i am suggesting alternative sponsor perks instead.

That being said, if Deity said "heinz would you like /work or an npc?" i would pick npc every time.

ChillyChick likes this.
  17. Mil_Mazkaraz

Mil_Mazkaraz

I believe there is already a command called /back that at least gets you back to where you were before you warped and only the previous warp. This way you can alternated between two points of interest. I don't know if that command hass been considered, although its still a matter of deciding which rank gets the perk when or if at all it is implemented.

18. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Year ago there was a suggestion to allow people who vote for server to get some amount of /home teleports per vote (lets say one teleport per one vote). The suggestion is moved to Approved Suggestions forum but nothing happened ingame since then.

19. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    Theoretically a more extreme version of that suggestion could be brought to Deity's attention and might be more appealing. I have a couple numbers I'd like to run past him which would make it rewarding, but difficult to get those extra /homes. He might be against the idea entirely, but in case he isn't, this would just be something a little "helpful" for people who vote all the time.

20. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Votes reset every month so hundreds of votes in past year(s) should not be measured. Lets give everyone limit of 30 /homes to start with, every /home takes 1 and every vote adds 1 but only up to the limit e.g. one player can have only 30 /homes at most. Active player can use 5-10 /homes daily so it will quickly run out but he can vote during week and save some /homes for weekend playing.

BitOfAle and thejacoborg like this.