1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

War Spawn Killers

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by keegorobo222, April 9, 2014.

1. keegorobo222

keegorobo222

You get killed to much buy spawn killing. You look at the results and see the score was you lost buy 30. There has to be spawn sheilds or something to stop spawn killers from spawn killing.

2. ImDeity

ImDeity

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    ImDeity
    Yes it's got to stop.

Someone needs to start a movement for this.

3. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    [​IMG]

4. Alpha_phoenix99

Alpha_phoenix99

In-Game Name:
    Alpha_phoenix99
    In my opinion first we should start with the afk-ers in war, when there are some, that sometimes leads to spawn camping.

Dragonslayer314 likes this.
  5. Sephronia

Sephronia

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Sephronia
    Hi all,

Cool, so like, can you, like, elaborate on your suggestion...? Something we can work with...? What would you like for us to do, and how can we do it without breaking the Suggestion Guidelines...?

Many thanks,
    Seph

6. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    I have been protesting this thing for a while now xD

It all comes down to greed. If you see someone on your own team spawn camping the enemy you should all fall back within your own starting half of the map.
    That should make it easier for the opponents to gang up on the spawn campers and gives them a chance to fight back.

Or if you choose to dominate? then everyone will be scratching around trying to get kills.
    And if it really gets out of hand, like 20-0 then do you really think your opponents will stick around to get their k/d ratio wrecked by selfish noobs? I rather doubt it, they rage quit.

Personally i am happy to sit back and get no kills while my team spawn camps the enemy, as long as i dont spawn camp.

And also being mayor, i tell people in my town that if they spawn camp the enemy and i witness it, i will punish them in town, (i never really have too)

But that does seem to help somewhat as a small deterrent, when you have a group of townies all battling it out, i want them to be fair to each other so they do not decide to whine later in /tc. xD

It all comes down to etiquette, do as you would be done by.

Last edited: April 10, 2014
  7. RLindsey2

RLindsey2

• Sponsor
    I have been on both sides of the spawn camp scenerio and I can tell youthis, it sucks the enjoyment of war right out of me. It's one thing to dominate a team by playing effectivly, it's quite another to stand around waiting for some poor soul to drop down to their death yet again. The two major areas that need to be addressed is AFK'ers and spawn point design. With AFK'ers, I would suggest trying to set up a timer that will track when a person is not moving. After a set interval of time the AFK player would get auto-killed, the point goes to the other team and a respawn occures with a reset timer for 3 times in which they would then be auto-kicked from the game. This would help keep players that sign up then leave from getting undeserved rate boosting and help the next match split up of teams. As for the spawn designs, a two or three high manditory drop wall about 7X7 wide from the underside of the spawn would eliminate almost all spawn camping oppertunities.

8. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    Here is a thought, i heard someone mention something about 1.8 and command blocks on another thread, and they mention a player spread tool or something.

Perhaps in future we can phase out spawns and have it so you spawn within your third of the map. Maybe that would make it much harder to spawn camp and lock people down into a small space. xD

Or failing that, when someone respawns we could maybe find a way to give someone 5 seconds of invincibility when they spawn. which means they drop down into the map, and pown any spawn campers without losing any health.

Or Third option. which may be my favorite xD

We could have base defenses. which drop Splash potions of poison on the enemies withing a certain radius of the spawn, which would be a massive detterant to getting to close to the enemy base xD

But those would have to be made to only damage the enemy team somehow.

I am not the technical guy, i am an idea guy.

Sephronia likes this.
  9. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Best way to prevent spawn camping are war maps that are hard or impossible to spawn camp. Double block drop border in some distance from spawn, few alternative spawn exits, etc.

Driver_X, Sephronia and heinz_gruber like this.
  10. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    Simplicity at its best xD

The only problem i would have with that, is if i am a player who wishes to fall back into my own base to regen, i would then be trapped outside my base, it is a team game, and anyone who throws themseleves to the lions willy nilly is only letting down his comrades xD

11. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    No returning to spawn point. ground level is 2 blocks below drop point so no one can get back in. I think that is what Barry meant, but it really is simple.

taking evasive actions and retreating are still options, just somehow try it without running back to mommy.:D

Driver_X and BarryX15 like this.
  12. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    Lol its called a tactical retreat. I dont think maps should restrict movement, i just think it should be much easier to defend a base. And could maybe make for some interesting games rather than having a low skilled coward team hiding in their own 2 block elevated zone is all i am saying.

I have had that happen before, i was on a map where i cannot get into the enemies zone, and they sit back and the game ends due to the opponent being too scared to engage the enemy.

discretion is the better part of valor so do not call me a coward for retreating on low health (how else would i maintain my ratio) , i am not scared of being killed, i just think the 2 block idea does as much harm as it does good.

While it may prevent spawn camping, it can also pave the way to a very boring game where a coward team will hide on their side of the map and not even try to push up field.

But in hind sight it is probably the best option, many of my ideas are too complicated for little benefit.

Valid points all round tho xD

Last edited: April 10, 2014
  13. colcol13

colcol13

I know right

spawn killing suck a lot

its has to stop!

Last edited by a moderator: April 13, 2014
  14. HaydoJ

HaydoJ

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    HaydoJ
    I have always hated spawn campers, they ruin a wonderful game.

Kinda what Hallideadly and BarryX15 have stated,
    A shield should be implemented that protects all players near base, however, when any player leaves a shield, they are now 'attackable', and when/if try to get back in shield, it will not protect them. I have seen this on a PVP mini-game server, and it is very successful. :)

Hope that soon, spawn camping will be abolished for good.

Thanks,
    HaydoJ :D

asdfjkll and jayden_murfy like this.