1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

town warefare

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Shady_adey, October 2, 2011.

1. Shady_adey

Shady_adey

In-Game Name:
    muffinsmuffins
    i think that towns can go to war with each other, the ocupents of each town can sign up and fight the enemy town, if the oposed side forfits they instantly, if they don't accept then nothing happens. When you loose a battle the winning town now owns that town and gets some prize money

also you should be able to place bets on these "civil" wars

2. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    First of all we're not a pvp server, and 2nd of all, and most important, a few US players come online and take a EU town, the EU players are now royally screwed, and lose everything that they worked for.

A simpel scenario, which can also be turned around.

Bottom line: Towny plugin wars (same principal as your idea) are annoying for international servers and cause more trouble then anything else.

3. AfricanYak

AfricanYak

In-Game Name:
    Africanyak
    if that happens, the winner will dominate the server. they would just get bigger and bigger eventually ruling all the land. Also. new and up coming towns will have no chance against. theres a world for pvp i believe.

4. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    There's a mining world, and a pvp arena

5. Mr_Goodcat

Mr_Goodcat

Maybe have a system of "Neutral Towns" and "Aggressive Towns"? basically meaning a Neutral town can do trading, and everything else a town can do and allow that town to get started and grow. While a "Aggressive Town" can attack each other citizens in the Wilderness and when a admin allows it their can be open warfare in and around the cities. I could also see a new class coming out of this something on the line of "Soldier". /2cents

6. jack1342

jack1342

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    jack1342
    we could have pvp areas and friendly areas

7. Eronoc

Eronoc

I agree very much! Also, I think that raiding should be allowed when there is war. Not griefing, but allowing chest raiding. If you want no part and didn't wan't danger, you would just opt out of the war! I love the idea :D

8. Shady_adey

Shady_adey

In-Game Name:
    muffinsmuffins
    africanyak, when a town asks to fight they can acept it or not, if they don't nothing happens, when they do they fight, it's only when you forefit the battle do you loose

i like the idea of aggressive and netural towns, that way the aggressive towns are like bandits i guess

9. Mr_Goodcat

Mr_Goodcat

It would also make towns become more of a "community" and I could see a lot of friendships being made. It would also allow community events such as making the city wall, or making weapons and tools for when the time comes, and going on raiding parties looking to kill a rival citizen and get all his loot. I would like to see a admins opinion on this.

10. otter896

otter896

In-Game Name:
    otter896
    I like this idea because it would be nice to fight a bit but like someone said aggressive, neutral and friendly towns.

11. fritzcat

fritzcat

In-Game Name:
    fritzcat
    I don't like this idea because if a mayor of a town wants to fight some people may not want to, then they can get griefed. So no.

12. Hovfire

Hovfire

In-Game Name:
    Hovfire
    Preparing for war was one of the most fun things in my other server (much smaller though) and the only way to be at war was for both towns to agree to fight. I think that this might be a good idea.

13. Shady_adey

Shady_adey

In-Game Name:
    muffinsmuffins
    i guess what you could do is have a town vote mabye? or the people who want to fight go and if they are outnumbered they'll lose won't they

14. Trishkaideka

Trishkaideka

In-Game Name:
    Trishkaideka
    I'd hate to go to war... There's a PVP arena, that's violence enough for me.

15. fritzcat

fritzcat

In-Game Name:
    fritzcat
    Why would I want my house to get griefed? I would get poor and have to restart! We already have a pvp arena! This is a bad idea. :|

16. Mr_Goodcat

Mr_Goodcat

Thinking about it, it does kind of sound like a bad idea and would be more trouble than its worth. Their is a PvP arena their if you want it.

17. Skattlewagon

Skattlewagon

In-Game Name:
    Skattlewagon
    I think this idea could work but only with these rules:
    There is a minimum number of people needed
    The mayor of the town has to give the OK
    If one team wins, they get everything the other team dropped, plus some extras (dei or items) but only the people that played
    And nothing happens to the losing team and players except they lose what they had on them when they died.