1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

The quick in game auctions

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Koolstir, July 5, 2012.

1. Koolstir

Koolstir

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Koolstir
    Well upon talking to Bilko about the quick auctions in game, I decided to make this thread. And yes, I did do some search bar searching and I found nothing about the quick auctions. Just a few things of people complaining to have auctions come back. Yes, we do have auctions back which is great. But for some of you who played before the map reset, we had quick auctions. Now, this is not a huge suggestion. I just wonder if/would quick in game auctions ever come back? I'm not saying "Deity y u no bring back auctions in game". The auctions we have now are fine, they bring money, they get attention from people. I don't want people to get the idea "scrap the 24 hour auctions" as that is not my idea at all. I'm trying to ask if we could bring those quick 2 minute auctions for in game only.
    If this has already been talked about, I may have not seen it. Feel free to comment or close this thread if it has been talked about before.
    This thread has no "I want this! I want that!". It's just a friendly request and question if we could have quick auctions back.
    Feel free to add on and leave constructive criticism.
    ~Koolstir

BigDeer, ngennaro, kr8tors and 2 others like this.
  2. thecrazyman11

thecrazyman11

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    thecrazyman11
    I think that quick actuions should be implemented sometime when the new spawn is released

3. mbonachea

mbonachea

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mbonachea
    I think I speak for most of the pre-reset community on this one:
    Having auctions (when they worked) was great. Everyone saw the auction and had the ability to bid. Players would fight over things down to the last second. I suggested an auction plugin similar to the current one some time back, and I still believe in that suggestion.

So, I say that we have the best of both worlds. Players have an option to bid in-game and online, and both auctions are synchronized. Just my two cents

4. Stormcall121

Stormcall121

I agree with Mbon, quick auctions sound cool, I say sound because I was not around on the old ImDeity, but again, this would be a nice addition.

5. Bilko

Bilko

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    bilko100
    I don't see why we don't have them. The reason given at the moment is 'Because it's unfair. People aren't on at the same times due to timezones. That makes it unfair.'

Should we then, not be able to sell any items in /trade? Surely that is unfair as only a handful of people will have the chance to buy the items?

The in-game auctions are exactly the same as selling an item in /trade. Only that it is automated.