1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

The Nether, Restrictions, and the Deciding Factors.

Discussion in 'Kingdoms General' started by Mojinax, October 28, 2013.

1. Mojinax

Mojinax

• VIP
    In-Game Name:
    Mojinax
    (Out of context since I deleted my first paragraph, don't feel like shaping up, too tired.) I don't think it's fun to click on signs to buy things. As said, there is always much more worry than progress. Worried of complaints (Is that an ego thing or do you just dislike complaints? You get complaints either way, this whole thread is a suggestive complaint) to me seems the oddest, but I digress.

Other than this, I am lost on how I should respond. The only other thing I have to say is in response to Smc, as it seems you have some problems with people not appreciating implementations to the server. We appreciated PvP, War, and the likes. Appreciated, some still get a kick out of them. I just don't get where you're coming from with those last two sentences. Most of us didn't sign on to this server for PvP or to play in the Hub, in fact NONE of us signed up for the Hub. We signed up for Towny. The towns are on main. Therefore, everything outside of /main is a game within the game, fun little activities to derail us from our everyday "lives" in /main. Why would I want to go to the Hub or /Pvp to play in the nether? I don't want to "play" in the nether, and I certainly don't want to "play" in the nether if it wont benefit me on /main. I think you guys (the decision-makers) are a bit misinformed when it comes to what we want. We want things that help us in /main. Anything outside of that will NOT be appreciated as much as you would hope it should be.

Ex. Although I do not care the slightest bit for /pvp or hub, I really do care for /creative. That was a quality addon, and clearly helps us in /main. It allows us to test things before we put them to use in /main.

I'll give up on Nether, because now it's obvious that it wont be implemented for a bunch of reasons I disagree with, and some others that I agree with. But I want heads in the right place, btarb is doing a good job with that with his patches. Nothing will be appreciated in the long-term unless it effects /main. Think of that when you brainstorm.

Last edited: October 30, 2013
  2. Typodestoyer

Typodestoyer

In-Game Name:
    Typodestoyer
    I don't know about you, but I am actually really annoyed by this statement. I think that certain things are appreciated in the long-term that do not affect /main, and certain things that affect /main are not appreciated in the long term. Probably about 5-10 people are on PvP world at a general time. I'd say that that is appreciation in the long-term. The Hub world, although it is not used very often, is a hell of a lot better than the broken Skyblock plugin. DeityWar is played after every event, and people certainly seem to enjoy it. Events affect the economy only by adding a bunch of dei twice a week. I'm sorry, but it is /main, not /theonlyworldanyoneeverplays. I may add more arguments later. One thing I do agree with, though, is that Deity needs to think not about what he wants but what is best for the server, even if what is best for the server is his opinion.

ngennaro and Majora_Unmasked like this.
  3. Mojinax

Mojinax

• VIP
    In-Game Name:
    Mojinax
    I forgot about /events, that is appreciated. /War and /PvP are not appreciated as much as they USED to be, is what I mean. It seems that smc is disappointed that no one cares for these things anymore, and I'm just supplying reason why. As for Deity needing to think about the player's interest more, I did not say that. I thought about it in response to SweetMaple's first post where she said things that Deity would and would not like, but I decided not to.

4. Mojinax

Mojinax

• VIP
    In-Game Name:
    Mojinax
    I just wanted to make fire resistance potions... And then I remembered you need slimeballs for that. And then I remembered there's magma cubes in the nether. And then I figured I'd give up because there's always a reason not to implement something, the key one being that either 1) Deity doesn't want to, or 2) It just wont happen. Sometimes backed up with good reasoning, but as I see this subject, backed up with shoddy reasoning. Not worth the fight, though, if there is no chance. And even if it is implemented, it will be heavily restricted.

So why not? No progress will be made on my initial post. I guess I knew that in the back of my mind before I posted this. So might as well just suggest we do things to help main.

Brytton likes this.
  5. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    Just my curiosity, but I don't see why slimeballs/slimes are still banned. I know that you can't make sticky pistons and all that, but you can still make horse leashes. Which I'm sure isn't harming anyone xD.

6. Brytton

Brytton

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    bryttonmp5
    I do like your argument that the Nether addition would benefit in the "long run" and relatively easy for the staff to get going. As far as the blocks becoming essentially useless well, that's better than never seeing them used. I do not know any "player" (not long term money bags Yogs or Bryttonmp5 or Barry :D) using these materials. I used nether brick in my road but made slabs and spent maybe 1k if that. Because I'm cheap and I'm not going to dump all my money in an item I view as only "slightly" superior. So, maybe Netherrack and Netherbrick become main building blocks. Its better than seeing stone bricks, stone, dirt, cobblestone builds. It allows people to open a few new "blocks" to work with and be creative with. So, them being worthless as far as dei is sorta meh, I would rather see them over utilized rather than under utilized.

Dragonslayer314 likes this.
  7. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    Who says I'm worried of complaints? I'm stating reality. People will complain about the Nether, people will complain we don't have it, people will complain we have it and what is happening with it. I think I've been doing this long enough to know what people are going to do.

I'm concerned of complaints, but not worried. I want the majority of people to be happy here. If the majority of people were complaining, that would be a concern. Do you think we shouldn't be concerned about complaints? I guess I should ignore this thread then, huh? How dare you question my concern for the complaints that would surely come forth. What does a concern for complaints have to do with ego? If it was ego, I think I'd boldly stating that there are no complaints about anything and everyone loves it, and if you don't then something is wrong with you. And yet, I don't say that, nor do I ever imply it.

I still don't see a benefit of having the Nether itself nor has any real positive argument been put forth for it. People want free stuff that normally isn't free here and they want it now is about the gist of the arguments I've seen for it.

What's the point of running an economy server if we don't have anything valuable though? There has to be something that is kept valuable for money to be used on. No one would want to run a shop if pretty much every kind of block went for the same price.

If there is nothing to strive for, why would anyone care? Not everyone can start a town, nor wants to, and that would be the only thing left to spend a large amount of money on.

And there are plenty of building blocks that aren't stone, dirt, and cobblestone that are easy to obtain. Bricks, hardened clay in 16 colors. Stained glass coming in 1.7.2. Red sand in 1.7.2. 2 new types of logs and planks.

And if no one is building with quartz or netherbrick, then were did all of it go that was found in the mining world? Someone must be building with it.

Yes, quartz costs a lot now, but as I've stated in the past, it's in the mining world, and the mining world is reset when needed, so more and more quartz will end up in the economy over time. Prices will fluctuate. Quartz already started out at about 100 dei a piece of quartz, that would be 400 per quartz block, now I see it around 25 dei for a piece, making it 100 dei for a block. Even if we did add the Nether, we would artificially change the spawn rate of quartz and glowstone. So it makes no difference whether you mine for quartz there or in the mining world.

No one remembers when pumpkins were rare, they used to go for 200+ dei on the server, because they only occurred naturally. You couldn't plant them. Now they are practically worthless. And diamonds were worth a lot more before we had a mining world, and were worth more before we had donator tool kits.

The same thing is going to happen to most dyed hardened clay with the new mesa biome once those are in the mining world.

Last edited by a moderator: October 30, 2013
    ngennaro, Driver_X, Sephronia and 3 others like this.
  8. Mojinax

Mojinax

• VIP
    In-Game Name:
    Mojinax
    Ok then. For me, I would like the nether for the same reason people who like organic foods like organic foods. Because they know where it comes from. But instead of knowing where it comes from, I would like to have the direct path to where it comes from so I can get it myself, not pay the dei, and also get a better variety of the items the place has to offer. I like the nether because it allows me to gather resources to brew potions in full without a problem. The majority of people would agree. Take a look at the likes I received on my initial post as opposed to the likes your post received in response to my initial post. Our posts are polar opposites. As of tonight, mine received 10, yours received 5. Although not the most accurate of gauges, it depicts the majority.

The majority of the people agree with my complaint/suggestion or whatever you'd like to call it. Instead of figuring out how to make the majority happy by FINDING (Not trying to find) a way to implement the nether that complies with your standards, you guys hypothesize and say no. You never put the thing to the test, though. Just hypothesize if you disagree with it. This brings me back to how Thomas Edison failed 999 times until he made the light bulb work. And that brings me back to how one musn't be afraid to fail. The nether could end up good, or it could end up bad. The good thing is, it is all reversible. The sad part about this is that this post will just be disregarded and the nether idea will be foretold to fail before it is tried. Yup.

Once again, I just feel like I missed the memo that said;

And how dare I? Come on, classic condescending. You can't deny that. And if you didn't mean it to be condescending; it really came off that way. The phrase is meant to come off that way.

Edit;
    THIS is a big slap in the face. Nether wont be implemented because it could wreck the economy, yet you can control the spawn rate of the blocks that could do so. You could even lower the rate of Soulsand! And Netherrack is MEANT to be worthless! Now you just have to worry about complaints for death and stupid things that occur in the nether. Tell em to not go into Nether. This is baffling. Why is the implementation of the Nether still debated? Rhetorical question.

As for the economy part of it, you guys wont agree, but I'm a big proponent on free trade. Meaning no merchants, just trade with whoever. The good ol' days. We don't need valuables, we value the game.

Last edited: October 30, 2013
  9. Brytton

Brytton

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    bryttonmp5
    There are rare items. Such as Emeralds (20dei-ish), diamonds (13dei-ish), Gast tears would be a rare addition to the economy, magma creme, I am not saying netherrack would be rare or netherbrick, or glowstone or quartz, but if you can limit glowstone and quartz in the nether then those could remain quite rare. Heck, you could reduce it to 1-5% and watch the prices even escalate even. And if we really wanna keep netherrack and netherbrick rare it could be reduced? could 90% of it be changed to regular stone. I mean now we're really editing the nether but in essence it could work I believe if you could fully tamper with it you can make a whole new mining experience. Heck, you could even make it like a more dangerous or (expert) mining world that could still have diamonds and emeralds and other items. But, being more difficult to mine in could make those a non-priority for going into there. Then make the few blocks only available in the nether. Maybe you could randomly .00001% add emerald blocks or diamond blocks. I would actually be curious as to the the possibilities. Then, when you reset you could have a hay day and make it waaaaay different. Giving people even more adventure and exploration.

Actually I got excited while talking about this so I better stop before I get disappointed :(

Lord__Xemnas likes this.