1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

teh pplz repuclik of imdity

Discussion in 'Kingdoms General' started by Randomguy, September 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randomguy

Randomguy

[​IMG]

Although this server is free to join; its policies are anything but free. Playing on IMDeity was always a great experience, lots of fun towns and lots of fun people to play with. The only thing that is constantly letting me down is the despotic oligarchy that governs this server. The policies on this server make it feel like we are in some 50’ communist country. I will give a detailed list of arguments so support this claim:

Our great leader
    For starters, the supreme ruler IMDeity has created a cult of personality around himself. All the plugins contain his name, his initials are all over spawn and there even is a giant statue of him in the capitol. He has spend server resources to construct a giant castle to live in. All the while the people live in the empty slums around this castle, being depraved of basic necessities like shops or jobs. Our despot also has a group of hard-liner supporters in the public domain that will show blind devotion to our great and charismatic leader.

Domestic policies (financial)
    Politicians do not govern, banks do. That’s why any self respecting dictator will make sure that he controls the nation’s currency. If you vote for the party, DeityBank will issue you your very own state sponsored compensation package of 200 dei. Apart from this it is not allowed to make any cash of you hard labor in the mines, all your possession will be taken by the bank and you will get an underappreciated sum of cash in return. Trading these valuables from person to person is defined as illegal; the state wants a cut after all. It is common for a dictatorship to take full control of the nations finances. But their greed and incompetence will cause an unavoidable inflation of the currency.

Domestic policies (media)
    Any dictator that is worth his weight will not allow free speech in their nation, for this would be in contradiction with this particular form of government. Instead it is substituted with the illusion of free speech coated with a thick layer of censorship. It happens all too often that a person will get their posts removed or edited by a member of the oligarchy. We can’t have all these dissidents voicing their opinions, that would cause political outrage. If they continue, the method is to exile this dissident with a ban from the community. An extra sidenote goes out to ImDeity Newsflash, like the communist newspaper “Pravda”, it is the only official newspaper; full of government approved articles.

Foreign policies
    Like North Korea, our hate for foreign countries knows no bounds. All other servers are denounced, when a member posts the name of another server, the oligarchy will replace its name with a derogatory name like “that crappy server”. A lack of self confidence is usually the origination for disdain of others. Communist countries always portray a very prosperous image to the outside world to boost up their international status; meanwhile the people are starving and suffering. IMDeity is no different; minestatus is full of false claims of prosperity.
    To conclude I pledge my allegiance to the greatest communist server on the net: IMDeity!

P.S.
    Added a J to comply to Poe’s law

2. Lord_Aquarius

Lord_Aquarius

In-Game Name:
    Lord_Aquarius
    Wait...wut? Are you asking that we change into a republic?

3. Laurie1000

Laurie1000

In-Game Name:
    Laurie1000
    Ok ;)

4. 10askinsw

10askinsw

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    10askinsw
  5. nolarboot

nolarboot

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    megashedinja
    I'm sensing a well-thought-out trolling here. Could be wrong, but my Troll senses are tingling.

Linni and Johndahbomb like this.
  6. Koolstir

Koolstir

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Koolstir
    Your making ImDeity sound like it's North Korea. It's not one bit like North Korea...

7. timmehboi

timmehboi

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    timmehboi
    I thought the exact same thing... Nobody goes and makes a banner, an extremely detailed, if somewhat grammatically incorrect, post with "higher learning" words as their first post... Something wicked this way comes.

nolarboot likes this.
  8. Gwenhywar

Gwenhywar

• Head Moderator
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Gwenhywar
    I do not see a troll here. I see a regular who does not have the guts (or other parts I should not mention) to state his -in my eyes wrong- opinion about this server. He says he logs on regularly and this is his first post. The funny thing is, I even know, who it was. Sad world...

BarryX15 and SaintThunder like this.
  9. nolarboot

nolarboot

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    megashedinja
    You know, now that you mention it, I think I do too. However... xD

10. timmehboi

timmehboi

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    timmehboi
    I don't think it's particularly hard to figure out... Either way, if this wasn't semi-stating/bashing his views of ImDeity, I would totally like this post seeing as how there's probably very few people that could actually read that post without having to look up words in a dictionary on here. No offense, citizens, but we've proven ourselves to be derps at times. xD

11. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    People think we're strict and that we ban people or censor people willy-nilly and I don't get why.

If you compare us to other large servers and even smaller servers on mcbans.com, our amount of bans falls way under many of those servers. You want real despots, go to any of those other servers.

We are very lenient when compared to other servers when it comes to punishments for rule breaking.

If you're the kind of person that is usually on the end of punishments here, you should probably analyze what it is that you are doing that is causing this, because percentage-wise, we don't punish a lot of people.

And if you think we're really into censorship of information that is antithetical to our ideals of the server, then why is this post still here and why am I replying to it? Or the many other posts that remain that criticize or complain that actually had the guts to use their real username when posting?

12. AntonioBarbarian

AntonioBarbarian

In-Game Name:
    AntonioBarbarian
    Yes, WE NEED TO MAKE A REVOLUTUION!!!!!!!

TAKE UP ARMS!! Let's capture the "Bastille" (spawn castle) :p

But seriously, what SMC saif basicaly sums up everything, i belive this is a well made troll, if it is, kudos to you sir, you trolled even one admin.

maxwell25937 likes this.
  13. heinz_gruber

heinz_gruber

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    heinz_gruber
    i call troll on this. it either troll or a very silly person.

just pointing to what smc said. i have never been jailed and i have never been temp banned. and i have never had a perma ban nor have i been banned from teamspeak. so this backs up what smc said, if you are on the receiving end of censorship or bans then you probably earned it. but at the end of the day this is just a game and some take it far too seriously.

if anyone does not like how the server is run then dont try to change it because its not a republic, its deitys. xD

Vector360- likes this.
  14. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    You, my dear original poster, sir, have no idea how much joy you have given me the opportunity to have by reading your post. I have had the pleasure of laughing at your arguments with failed supporting evidence (either it doesn't exist or is easily refuted). You place hammer and sickle, but you should also include something along the lines of the bald eagle clutching an olive branch. I'm a history major, I know of the similarities that are shared. You sir, have clearly been blinded by the propaganda of your nation, and you are attempting to say that all undesirable behavior is at the opposite end of the spectrum, when you should be looking at a circle, and watching where the two blend. Gwen does not believe you are a troll, just a coward behind a computer. I believe you are one, attempting to be the other. Truly, google a bit more and study, for you are failing at an extremely amazing art form.

If you find any of this hard to read/interpret, I suggest you stay in school. I know kindergarteners who can fit all the pieces of my puzzle together and fill in all the gaps. I sincerely hope you have the intellect to do the same.

15. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    We are a seriously liberal server. We do not instantly ban you for any swear word, but use warnings and tempban for a short time unless it's actual spam.

Also, as it seems like no one responded to this: We do not allow people to advertise or name other servers, they both count as the same thing, just like any other server. If you go to your local wall-mart your not allowed to advertise for the quickee-markt aswell.

To the gallows with you troll.

Johndahbomb likes this.
  16. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    Levi! You stole part of my post! You were supposed to have faith in his intelligence and hope that he could understand that!

Oh well, too late, he now knows advertising is an extremely capitalistic trait. Now he will cry in a corner instead of feeling the achievement of being able to figure it out himself... I hope you are happy, you sea monster you.

Leviathan_Ziz likes this.
  17. Arwenden

Arwenden

• Senior Moderator
    In-Game Name:
    Arwenden
    When I clicked on this thread to read it I already clicked right away by seeing the banner. Please if you want to write something which is important to you and you want it to be read, make the lay-out look good and don't come with such a failure picture..

As for your 'Domestic policies (financial)' point, don't whine.. Certain people brought that on theirselves and spoiled it for the rest of us. Don't blame any staff member for that, for we as 'citizens' shouldn't have been so stupid. They want to provide a clean and nice server, and that can not be done without putting some restrictions.
    I will not even start to waste my time to contradict all your other so-called 'arguments', because they are not worth it at all.

What I read is someone who actually is so out of his mind to think that this little server is a 'people's republic' (which you spelled wrong in the title and the banner...). Look at the modern Western world and tell me why we are 'free'. I am not free at all to do what I want. We are controlled by many governments/ideas/cultures etc., we don't know of all but I actually believe us being 'democratic and free' is just plain nonsense.

Then again, you are a whiny little kid without the courage to come forward himself/herself and just posting it via another random forum account. So I so no need in reasoning with you as I think your mind is poisoned in a way to only see the bad in everything.

~Enjoy life, for God's sake.

Banjofox, Cathal and Johndahbomb like this.
  18. squeezal

squeezal

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    squeezal
    Governments shouldn't exist to make people happy, because people will always find ways to be happy. Nor should they exist to provide people with good prospects, because people will always find their niche. Governments should exist to provide safety, because, where ever people gather, they will always find a way to take advantage of each other. Imdeity and the moderators are there to provide safety, whether through a mining world which prevents the main world from looking horribly griefed, to maintaining a family friendly atmosphere. Besides, Imdeity is held up as a God-King, so technically, wouldn't the server be more of a theocracy?

thejacoborg likes this.
  19. sommera99

sommera99

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    sommera99
    don't use the soivet unions symbol it is coppyright and u may goto prison and what are you on about mate? Imdeity is a good server not north Korera mate

20. Overself

Overself

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Overself
    This is really funny! I have heard this idea several times it's awesome to see it spelled out so well! I've always thought that was what the server was aiming for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.