1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Something I Partially Realized Today...

Discussion in 'Kingdoms General' started by KILL3RTACO, December 23, 2012.

1. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    This thread mainly goes towards ImDeity.

I realized today that, with the archiving of the Classic forums and the removal of the Staff forum from view, the Classic Operator title will soon become just that: a title.

My question is this: what will happen?.. I'm sure some others, notably RyanRugenus, are wondering the same thing. I'm not asking for any appreciation to be given (like a certain rumor I heard about van.. Involving him saying something like "Did/do you not appreciate my work?", ultimately giving him Sponsor), no it's just a curiosity of mine. I admit some sort of appreciation like that would be nice, but I'm not one to ask for that sort of thing.

We technically aren't even considered staff, not anymore at least. Anyone with the tag would be listed alongside any other server mods/admins, but we don't have any special rights. There is a moderator control panel at the top of the page, which is nice to look at once in a while, but we can't use it. We soon won't be able to have any special forum privileges such as locking threads or marking them as 'sticky', because the forum(s) that said privileges apply to are 1) not used 2) going to archived. The viewing of the Staff forum has also been removed.

So I ask, (of curiosity, mind you) are there any plans? If so, what are they? Does it include removing the title altogether? Does it mean keeping the title, but removing us from the list of Online Staff? Will there be any appreciation given, or is a simple thank you as mentioned in this post going to be given?

I ask these questions with no intention to anything out of it, except answers. Though anything more would be appreciated.

With warm regards,​
    - Taco ​

tchand and shai12345 like this.
  2. eltono999

eltono999

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    eltono999
    I like my title, and i intend to keep it. I don't expect anything for any work done. If anything the only remaining classic staff that would deserve it is you as you were the only one that was longer than just a moderator as the server was dead.

I really don't care if anything is given or not. I just want my Classic Op title =P

3. ImDeity

ImDeity

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    ImDeity
    I'm not sure what I will be doing with Classic to be honest..

I didn't mind keeping that Classic server up as it didn't consume much resources but it had started crashing more and more and I had less time than ever to look into it and possibly start patching up the really old and buggy server software (not to mention it's programmed in .Net so I'd have to install the Visual studio tools and such and I'm not a fan of the MS development environment). When Mojang officially stated that Classic is no longer supported (August/September), I felt that it was time to finally let it stay down.

I personally liked the creative/freebuild aspect of Classic so I'd love to see that kind of Classic functionality return as part of our main servers (ie: creative.imdeity.com) and maybe even put 1 or 2 of the old Classic staff in charge of it. I don't see the Creative server ever needing a large dedicated staff like the Classic server once did however as the logging and rollback tools in Minecraft SMP are far better than Classic.

I also would like to do something with the few dozen maps full of builds I still have from the Classic server. Maybe I'll render them all out and put it on our webpage somewhere or maybe make a read-only server so people can fly through and look/reminisce on those builds. If you have any ideas let me know.

cliff777, ngennaro and Kassial like this.
  4. eltono999

eltono999

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    eltono999
    If this could happen i would love it. I understand not wanting the upkeep, but i mean i would donate every month to pay for the upkeep for something like this to happen, or just for the classic server itself to come back. It'd be nice for creative to have the same kind of feel, but i still like the basicness of classic.

5. ImDeity

ImDeity

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    ImDeity
    Early Christmas for you guys:
    [​IMG]

Was checking through the classic server after reading this thread and found a fix so Classic server is now back up:
    http://imdeity.com/classic/ (Goes to minecraft.net where you need to be signed in to play)

I've also set the server up with a WoM Direct account so you should be able to connect to the server through the WoM client even if Minecraft classic server list is down/unavailable.

DidDover, skullsnipe, tchand and 6 others like this.
  6. aRuHZoNa

aRuHZoNa

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    aRuHZoNa
    Well that escalated quickly.

7. eltono999

eltono999

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    eltono999
    And this. THIS is why i love you. Thank you so much.

Also, finally WoM direct. Wanted that for ages xD

tchand and shai12345 like this.
  8. Johndahbomb

Johndahbomb

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Johndahbomb

Hacks Enabled? :)

9. ImDeity

ImDeity

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    ImDeity
    In WoM, the hack checkbox refers to the fly/speed ability which has always been allowed on Classic.

shai12345 and Johndahbomb like this.
  10. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    Something I truly didn't expect. Wow. But as for creative.imdeity.com, as I stated earlier haven't worked on much, perhaps I'll work on it more now, for holidays sake.. And because I feel a tad guilty having asked for something but not doing it :p.
    IKR

EDIT: OH and as for .NET... Not a huge fan of it either... But if need be I'm always available to learn new languages...

11. prwraith

prwraith

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    prwraith
    Hey you, I see who's picture you posted there :)