1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Roommates

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Shiftauthor, April 16, 2012.

1. Shiftauthor

Shiftauthor

In-Game Name:
    Shiftauthor
    I don't know if this already exists, but I believe that a roommate system would be very beneficial to both players and towns. Players, since sharing a plot, would pay lower taxes and the towns would get more residents. I don't know exactly how rules and laws would be altered by this, but I think if this doesn't already exist, it could be a good addition to town life.

2. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Well, currently there are no plot taxes, so there would be no sharing of taxes. And with the /plot ? command you can see there is an option to add another player to your plot, therefore you can have a roommate without any additional coding.

3. Gwenhywar

Gwenhywar

• Head Moderator
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Gwenhywar
    If you want to, you can share a plot with another player. You can add people to your plot. But this does currently not affect the amount of tax you pay. I do not really see the need of it either. Town taxes start at 2 Dei and I know at least one town (but think there are some more) just takes this amount from residents per RL-day. That is not too much. If you just vote oncce you can stay 50 days in the town without troubles. Most towns have prices under 10 Dei. Just choose a town with low town taxes and you will be fine.

4. kahan105

kahan105

In-Game Name:
    kahan105
    not only a roommate, but another person living with you and helping create your house on your land. It would be beneficial to the people that are wanting to get things done faster with their homes.

5. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    You can already do this. The steps to do so were already listed in the post immediately before yous, but i guess you skipped them because they involved reading. Here, i'll make a bulleted list for you:
    • person that owns the plot types /plot add-member [player2]
    • player2 can now use the plot exactly like the owner can
    • You can both build
    • You can both access chests.

Rillaith likes this.
  6. Rillaith

Rillaith

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Rillaith
    My partner & I have done this since map reset! (Apparently, initially/luckily due to a weird plot permissions bug, but that was fortunately only fixed when plot permissions were added1)

We have 4 joined plots between us, 2 owned by me and 2 by him, so if/when a per-plot tax applies, it's literally split between us.

btarb24 likes this.
  7. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    That's a good idea. Though, as a recommendation to newcomers.. be sure you trust your housemate! If they're caught breaking rules and are kicked then the town is forced to assume that anything on "their" plot belongs to them, so they'd get to take it with them. Or, even if they don't break rules, they could simply take all your stuff and leave town to live elsewhere. While this would be unethical, it is not illegal (to my knowledge) since it was their house too.

8. DaRusskey

DaRusskey

In-Game Name:
    DaRusskey
    I think that idea works well, but, if you could do it randomly in a town, (Just to start off with, yet you could still buy other plots) it could help build camaraderie between members of a town. You know, Mi Kasa, Su Kasa.