1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Precious Stone/Town Dynamic

Discussion in 'Help / Support / Guides' started by nolarboot, February 26, 2012.

1. nolarboot

nolarboot

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    megashedinja
    Before I ask my question, I want to make it clear that I know it's forbidden to place Precious Stones within town limits.

My question is this: what happens if an area I've secured with a Precious Stone is accidentally (or purposefully) claimed by an expanding town? Is the area lost to me, or is the town not allowed to claim that plot, or what?

2. Derekj54

Derekj54

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Szai_
    ive done it, i dont think it broke anything, i wanted my chests protected with the town plots but also wanted to keep assistants out with stones!

3. Frenchy1

Frenchy1

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Frenchy1
    Yep
    You are not suposed to do this, but you cannot place the stone somewhere that you do not have permission to do so, as in you cannot put down a stone in a town that is not yours (unless perms have been modified)

Basically you -can- put them anywhere in your town (if you are mayor/assistant) but would get sanctioned if it was not meant to protect something that you made/owned

This idea is that it could possibly be very dangerous (grief wise) for people to use these stones.
    I would imagine that the sanction for griefing with precious stones would be quite high (Global ban etc), but the rules are not very clear on this due to the fact that so few of us possess them and that I do not believe they have ever been used to grief
    (Getting caught grieffing with them would basically mean that you would lose all donation benefits I imagine)

4. nolarboot

nolarboot

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    megashedinja
    Neither of you have answered the original question.

5. KiddieWish

KiddieWish

In-Game Name:
    KiddieWish
    I will answer this question to the best of my ability. First and furthermost, this falls user the rule of town property. If you settled there first and were 300+ blocks away from a claimed plot or clear establishment of their town at the time, they have no right to do any rational event of claiming over your precious stone and land. However, if you did settle within 300 blocks of a claimed plot or clear establishment of theirs, they have the right to move you away if they feel the need to. Even if they claimed over your precious stone, they wouldn't be able to do anything in that area due to the precious stone staying intact. The possibilities are endless but if there is ever a problem, write a /ticket or bring it to the attention of an admin.

I hope I helped.

Micklen and Majora_Unmasked like this.
  6. nolarboot

nolarboot

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    megashedinja
    You did. Thanks very much! :D

7. artsgal

artsgal

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    artsgal
    I'm having this same problem I set an area when the map was reset months ago now the new town of Eclipse wants me to move. I asked them just leave me my little area alone but it seems they want it.

amyoulakk and Rmarmorstein like this.
  8. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rmarmorstein
    It seems that if you made it before the town was made, and I assume that you did, then it would be allowed to stay, and they cannot make you move/remove it.

ThunderBird80 likes this.
  9. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    If you were there first, they have no rights to the area so they'll have to pick a different direction for their expansion.

10. artsgal

artsgal

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    artsgal
    Thanks I did tell them that but they are building a road straight for my little canyon. I'll talk to them again. It's very pretty extreme hills. I just wanted a secure beautiful place to play with builds. 10 stones won't protect much of the area around me.

I'm very frustrated and sad that I will be purposely surrounded. It was gonna be my pretty little japanese village. But I love everyone in Caldera to much to start my own town now.

11. ThunderBird80

ThunderBird80

just put a sign up saying. New town no building here or close to here. Then just leave them there and don't build the town. XD

12. artsgal

artsgal

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    artsgal
    yea I did that 5 months ago and LupusOmegaX's town is new and he didn't see my builds until recently. And I was going to build a town there just after the reset.

13. ThunderBird80

ThunderBird80

Just put a 50x50 spot marked off

14. artsgal

artsgal

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    artsgal
    Doesn't help I got 10 stones down.

15. ThunderBird80

ThunderBird80

What are stones

16. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rmarmorstein
    Donor protection stones. They give a 25x25 (i think) area that is protected for just the placer.

17. LupusOmegaX

LupusOmegaX

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    LupusOmegaX
    First, Eclipse isn't new. It's 7 months old already. If you really did put our stuff there 5 months ago, then Eclipse was in that area first and get's vito over the land. Second, I never once said that the town wanted the land, per say. What I said was that if the town were to ever expand outside it's current town layout map (overpopulation) that we would need to expand closer to your wild builds. Third, I'm pretty damn sure that the rules say you're not allowed to build things in wild within either 100 or 300 meters of a town. I'm sorry that you feel this way, Gal, but if we need the space then we will need to go closer.

18. artsgal

artsgal

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    artsgal
    I dont know exactly when I started building there but it was at the reset. And I purposely went way out there where there was nothing so I could start my own town. We can solve this nicely. I just wish you wouldn't build skyscrapers where I have to see them cause it doesn't fix my old world look that I'm going for. It seems that we can get along since we will be close neighbors.

Rmarmorstein likes this.
  19. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rmarmorstein
    I just want to add something here, the Eclipse town spawn starts at -2200 Z, and artsgals base starts at -1732 Z that is about 468 blocks between the two. If there is approximately 30 plots between.

From the start of artsgal, if you go 300 blocks towards the town, that gives you -2032 Z, which, from the spawn to that location is 168 blocks. That is 10.5 plots, lets Round down to 10.

if you had a 10x10 area, that would be 100 plots the town owned. In the time that I owned shadow, (before I gave it to a friend, when it was on the top 10 for towns) I had only claimed around 100 plots, currently eclipse has 212, about.

Based on town expansion time, etc. etc. I would assume, that when artsgal made her base, she was at LEAST 300 blocks away.

That is my finding, these are just the numbers and what I think about the size etc.

I'm just trying to help, sorry if you don't want it.

amyoulakk and ThunderBird80 like this.
  20. LupusOmegaX

LupusOmegaX

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    LupusOmegaX
    No, your input was fine and appreciated. Although let me say that Gal, you are also a sponsor so you could've made your town at any time in the 2 months before Eclipse, but you chose not to. I made Infinity/Eclipse 7 months ago and in the latest 3-4 the expansion has been exponential and growth has been so rapid that we reached #2 and are constantly expanding. You had plenty of time to claim that area as your own before then, but since you didn't, we did.