1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Possible substitute or replacement for the chestshop plugin

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by RovincE, April 12, 2013.

1. RovincE

RovincE

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    rovince04
    [​IMG]
    This plugin is a lightweight plugin, which in my opinion is better than and easier to use than chestshop. It allows players to use their chests in their houses or plots rather than putting it in their shop and also having more space in their shop.​
    Some Examples, This was from an old popular server that I used to play on, it's down now. ​
    This Plugin used to be only exclusive for that server.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Left number: How many is the sign selling --- Right Number: How many items in the chest left​
    This is my first suggestion, I don't expect this to be put in the server but I'm going to give it a try​

2. Lord_Aquarius

Lord_Aquarius

In-Game Name:
    Lord_Aquarius
    The thing is, there's a reason why shops aren't just scattered around the world on every plot. The higher tiers of Merchant should have this perk? (Not confirmed, but it's likely). Shops are supposed to be a great perk of a Vendor, and if they were allowed to make shops anywhere, the class and tier would become overpowered. I'm pretty sure the current plugin allows the creation of shops by players, but it's currently disabled because of what I said above. Space should also be customizable.

3. tchand

tchand

In-Game Name:
    TChand
    Sounds cool cause it would allow people to have double chests of items not just single chests and they could sell more items because there would be more room the only thing I don't like is that an Amin needs to be involved but I guess that makes sure that they are only set up in valid locations maybe if there were someway to delegate the ability to the merchants oh well

4. RovincE

RovincE

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    rovince04
    oh no no, the shop signs are supposed to stay in your shops, the chests supplying the shop signs can be put anywhere even in your shop if you wanted to

By an admin needs to get involved you mean setting the chest and signs for the players right? No, the admin does not need to set the signs and chests for the players as I said I played in the server that used this shop plugin and you can set up your own chests without the need of admins, but you have to have perms for it though.

5. Lord_Aquarius

Lord_Aquarius

In-Game Name:
    Lord_Aquarius
    You don't get my message. Shops are determined by some kind of command and stuff to determine the dimensions of the shop. It's true, shop signs must be in that certain area of that shop. If it is to be enabled later on, higher ranks of Merchants should be able to make their own shop, and possibly set their own dimensions for their own shop. What you're not getting here is that our plugin should have all the basic features that you pointed out directly in your post.

6. RovincE

RovincE

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    rovince04
    Oh ok sorry, my bad. Yes I've heard that higher ranks *might* be able to make their own shops in towns. Also this plugin has almost all the features of Chestshop.
    Also by the way, this is little confusing for me, my thread just pointed out a possible substitute for our plugin not about the merchant class ;) not to be rude or anything but it confused me a bit

7. tchand

tchand

In-Game Name:
    TChand
    The point of replacing the current system with this is so that the signs do not have to be on/next to the chest the signs still would have to be in the mall shops just the chests would not need to be in the mall shop.

8. RovincE

RovincE

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    rovince04
    Yes exactly, thank you

9. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    We have considered this plugin. However, because we limit chestshops to only the regions that are defined in the mall area, we use that to track what is in people's chests that they are selling. This helps us determine any duping problems or other problems with shops we may have. It also allows us to have an inventory tracking page like we had in the past for the mall.

We would not be able to reliably track the chests if people could have them anywhere besides their mall shop.

Also, the chests being able to be shared with other players is a big no no for the way we want shops run. We don't want someone being able to have their chests refilled by other players.

We primarily considered this to cut down on the lag in the mall, but since the lag is caused by signs and item frames, it doesn't really help, as all the signs and item frames would still be there.

10. tchand

tchand

In-Game Name:
    TChand
    OK now I see why we don't have it a few of your comments make me see why you are doing it correctly smc

11. paulyp1

paulyp1

In-Game Name:
    paulyp1
    I am sorry if this was stated already, but I am a bit confused. The chest supplying the chest shop can be anywhere? Does it automatically take things out of your chests? Or do you place a sign in the chest you want it to take resources from?

12. tchand

tchand

In-Game Name:
    TChand
    In original posts it says that you have to link chest to sign, but this will not be used because of what smc has said things like doing things this way allows admins to track the goods and makes it so only owner can restock (unless players can sell to it)