1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Old DeityShop prices vs. new custom recipes

Discussion in 'Kingdoms General' started by BarryX15, February 14, 2015.

1. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Recently i bought some quartz and netherrack from DeityShop and built a statue. Not too big, just 13 blocks tall. Now i cannot buy these materials from DeityShop anymore. How much would they cost in new prices based on new recipes?

Material needs:

51 Pillar Quartz Blocks
    17 Chiseled Quartz Blocks
    36 Quartz Blocks
    80 Quartz Stairs
    4 Quartz Slabs
    5 Netherbrick Blocks
    13 Netherbrick Stairs
    2 Netherbrick Slabs

Totals:

226 Quartz Blocks = 904 Quartz. Quartz blocks used to be for 40 Dei each = 9040 Dei total

25.5 Netherbrick blocks = 102 Netherrack + 13 Coal. Netherrack used to be for 125 Dei per stack, lets roughly estimate 210 Dei for Netherrack and Coal together (correct me if i am wrong).

Old DeityShop price: 9250 Dei

EDIT: After a month on the market and some tweaks in recipes, the custom recipe price has been recalculated so values mentioned below are no longer valid. See this post for updated price.

New Recipes:

Ferrous Crystal (half-made product for smelting Quartz) takes 9 Iron Ingots, 6 Bones, 4 Snow Blocks, 2 Ice, 2 Glass and 0.25 Bonemeal.
    Also remember that you need 1.125 Coal for smelting Iron Ingots for one Ferrous Crystal.
    weeping_angel_statue_Ferrous_Crystal.png
    Smelting adds 4.5 redstone to all ingredients mentioned above (and you have to smelt it in Mesa biome). One redstone block gives enough fuel for smelting 2 quartz.
    weeping_angel_statue_Quartz.png

Raw Flesh Block is quite easy, takes just 9 Rotten Flesh
    weeping_angel_statue_Raw_Flesh_Block.png
    Use 4.5 Redstone to make a block to smelt Raw Flesh (again, only in Mesa biome). And again, i assume that one redstone block gives enough fuel for smelting 2 quartz (not tested ingame).
    weeping_angel_statue_Netherrack.png

Then you still have to use normal coal and smelt Netherrack into NetherBrick and then you have to craft Nether Brick Blocks with NetherBricks.

Totals:

904 Quartz = 8136 Iron Ingots + 5500 Bones (including Bonemeal) + 3616 Snow Blocks + 1808 Ice + 1808 Glass + 4068 Redstone (e.g. 452 Redstone Blocks) + 1017 Coal

102 Nether Brick Blocks = 918 Rotten Flesh + 459 Redstone (e.g. 51 Redstone Blocks)+ 13 Coal

New Crafting Recipes: estimate Dei based on market prices of ingredients:

Let's count stacks:
    127.1 stacks of Iron Ingots (e.g. 14.1 stacks of Iron Blocks) = 8136 Dei (1 Dei per ingot)
    86 stacks of Bones = 2750 Dei (0.5 Dei per bone)
    56.5 stacks of Snow = 1446 Dei (0.4 Dei per block)
    28.3 stacks of Ice = 723 Dei (0.4 per block)
    28.3 stacks of Glass = 362 Dei (0.2 per block)
    14.3 stacks of Rotten Flesh = 0 Dei (no shops sell it, you better go hunt your own zombies)

We also need smelting material:
    70.7 stacks of Redstone (e.g. 7.9 stacks of Redstone Blocks) = 100 Dei (0.2 Dei per block)
    16.1 stacks of Coal (e.g. 1.8 stacks of Coal Blocks) = 257 Dei (0.25 Dei per coal item)

New Crafting Recipe price: 13774 Dei
    (and you have to get your own Rotten Flesh for free).

Conclusion

I am really happy i managed to buy quartz and netherrack before it has been removed from DeityShop. Not only i would have to pay more for ingredients, but i would have to spend much more time crafting, smelting and travelling.

And what was it all for?

weeping_angel_statue.png
    (andesite, glowstone and red glass not included in the price calculation)

If you find any errors, mistakes or typos in calculations, remind me to correct them.

Last edited: March 14, 2015
  2. tefphoenix

tefphoenix

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    tefphoenix
    Trekar_Sil, BarryX15 and dannyotis13 like this.
  3. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    Remember that if you gather your own materials it will end up being cheaper instead of having to pay a fixed price. Your calculations are based on buying everything at market price.

I think what smc did is fair. His intention is to have us spend the time to make fine art alongside stabilizing the market.

BarryX15 and Gwenhywar like this.
  4. squeezal

squeezal

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    squeezal
    I think it will be great for the economy's long term viability. And my wallet as a shop supplier :)
    Also, I love the statue. I might have to hire you once I complete my mansion.

BarryX15 likes this.
  5. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    The idea was to allow people to obtain available materials and to make these things themselves. For all intents and purposes, the items are now "free" if you take the time to obtain them yourself. If you want to buy them, then you'll have to pay current market price, that's how it has always worked for obtainable items. The prices fluctuate. Now almost every item is obtainable in some way.

Prices are always changing when the players have the control. If people keep mining, more materials will come in, and the prices will change. If people stop mining as much, less materials come in, and the prices will change.

And this is actually better because the money you spent to build that statue disappeared from the server, no one else benefited. Now almost all materials bought and sold will be through players and all players stand to benefit. The materials in your statue are worth even more at the moment, so if you decided to not want it anymore, you could sell it for more than you paid the Deity shop. If you did that when the Deity shop still had them, you couldn't sell it for more than the Deity Shop sold them, as no one would pay more or the same, they'd want to pay less.

At the moment, it feels as if this is seen as extremely fair. People mine and grind and collect things that they barely use. No one wants to pay much because they barely use them either. People just seemed to be buying diamonds before to hoard them, and the prices they were buying them at didn't reflect the work that people put into finding them. But the people who mined them were desperate to sell or else they wouldn't earn much from their work.

asdfjkll, tefphoenix, ImDeity and 6 others like this.
  6. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Reviewed prices using new (tweaked) recipes:

Crafting Ferrous Crystal now needs just 4 Bone instead of 6
    [​IMG]
    Smelting Ferrous Crystal still needs 0.5 Redstone Blocks but it yields 3 Quartz instead of just 1 as it used to.
    [​IMG]

Crafting Raw Flesh Blocks now needs just 6 Rotten Flesh instead of 9 but it also needs 3 Nether Warts
    [​IMG]
    Smelting Raw Flesh Block needs 0.5 Redstone Block and yields 1 Netherrack (and takes very long time).
    [​IMG]

Then you still have to use normal coal and smelt Netherrack into NetherBrick and then you have to craft Nether Brick Blocks with NetherBricks.

Totals:
    904 Quartz = 2712 Iron Ingots + 1231 Bones (including Bonemeal) + 1206 Snow Blocks + 603 Ice + 603 Glass + 1359 Redstone (e.g. 151 Redstone Blocks) + 339 Coal

102 Nether Brick Blocks = 612 Rotten Flesh + 306 Nether Warts + 459 Redstone (e.g. 51 Redstone Blocks)+ 13 Coal

Reviewed Crafting Recipes: estimate Dei based on market prices of ingredients:

Let's count stacks:
    42.4 stacks of Iron Ingots (e.g. 4.7 stacks of Iron Blocks) = 1900 Dei (0.7 Dei per ingot)
    19.2 stacks of Bones = 615 Dei (0.5 Dei per bone)
    18.8 stacks of Snow = 603 Dei (0.5 Dei per block)
    9.4 stacks of Ice = 241 Dei (0.4 Dei per block)
    9.4 stacks of Glass = 90 Dei (0.15 Dei per block)
    9.6 stacks of Rotten Flesh = 306 Dei (0.5 Dei per piece)
    4.8 stacks of Nether Warts = 214 Dei (0.7 Dei per piece)

We also need smelting material:
    28.4 stacks of Redstone (e.g. 3.2 stacks of Redstone Blocks) = 30 Dei (0.15 Dei per block)
    5.5 stacks of Coal (e.g. 0.6 stacks of Coal Blocks) = 53 Dei (0.15 Dei per coal item)

New Crafting Recipe price after review: 4051 Dei

In a month of increased market supply and tweaking recipes, the material price has dropped 3.5 times and is about half of the original DeityShop price.

ngennaro likes this.