1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

More Votes

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by cliff777, April 8, 2013.

1. tchand

tchand

In-Game Name:
    TChand
    Every so often after minestatus updates we are in top 5 for the first few hours then drop :( but yeah those were the days

2. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    We have creative world. Many newbies dont care about main world, they go to creative, build something on one plot and dont bring anything to server.

Fireworks are forbidden because of abuse. If every right-click with firework in hand would just cost 10 dei, people would be limited but still able to use them.

Saplings are forbidden because they can grow out of plot borders. Is 100 dei per sapling enough to pay some moderator/operator to remove overgrown trees?

And when someone spends all money, there should be message telling him to vote.

3. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rmarmorstein
    Good idea, but, for the saplings, it would be better, IMO, to just make it work. Fireworks seem good though :)

4. tchand

tchand

In-Game Name:
    TChand
    Saplings should not cost dei to place that would just be unreasonable and in my opinion if that were implemented I would have to leave the server. But maybe just make it so that saplings can't grow out of plots just like pistons can't extend into other plots. as far as the message saying to vote that is persistent if you haven't voted in 24 hours.

5. thejacoborg

thejacoborg

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    thejacoborg
    Not entirely sure, but I believe what barry meant was that it would cost 100dei for each time a sapling grew out of a plot, so only saplings that grew out would be charged for.

6. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    If we were able to do that it would have already been done with kingdoms.

As for saplings being re-enabled, I don't see it happening.
    - Using bonemeal on a sapling, less than 30 seconds.
    - Hand building a tree, about 2 minutes.
    - Staff policing the 'roads' between creative plots to clear out overgrown trees, hours.

As for anything over here costing dei to do, I highly doubt it will happen either. The servers economy isn't linked to the Creative world, and there is absolutely no reason it needs to be.

7. cliff777

cliff777

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    cliff777
    Taco could easily charge people dei with the API, but I would have to agree with what you said above that.

The creative world is for building and being..well..creative. To make your build better, make your own tree, add some different leaves, vines, logs, branches. Anything to make it look better than a regular old tree.

8. theminner304

theminner304

In-Game Name:
    TheClassyBandit
    I've seen topics like this come and go. People feel the need for new players on the server. I do too, with no new players to meet... what's the point of playing without the thrill of meeting a player who'll last a while on the server? I've spoken with players who've quit the server after a day of playing it. most of them said one of five things; "Theres no hunger games :mad:" "All the same people are online" "I don't know how to play" "Theres no one anywhere, and if I do find people they're mean" "It's too hard to start over again".

When I first played on ImDeity, I had to deal with a hard place, and a rock. RakCity was right beside my house. It was filled with grieffers and the mayor would yell at me to move my house because that land was supposedly his, (RakCity was $560 000 in debt and couldn't claim any land). The other thing I had to deal with was a no good thief. He would steal all my things. I stole them back. But what I'm trying to say is that we need warps to areas that are the least colonized in the wild, not ones that take you anywhere. most of the time I end up beside towns that have ideal building spaces for newbies. But solving theft and snotty players can't exactly be solved. But a way to keep newbies from being banned is that in the wild, say that someone built a house and went inactive for like three months? It is now clear that said player, isn't coming back. That structure built, should be griefable/raid able. Its a horrible suggestion but a lot of players are getting banned for things like that.

9. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15

No. Most newbies get banned for griefing honey house or for stealing from houses of active people.

Newbies cannot see if some house/ruin they find was built 3 hours ago or 3 months ago. Rule of thumb is simple, do not touch it.

thejacoborg likes this.
  10. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    Going with Barry's idea, I think an iConomy account on creative could help us get votes from people who are just there for creative. I have gone through a lot of scenarios, though, and getting it to work ideally would take a bit of time. If it does happen, it would be down on the priority list. There are other things being worked on that will bring in votes on their own, and not require reaching those players just on creative to vote.

11. theminner304

theminner304

In-Game Name:
    TheClassyBandit
    The iConomy idea in creative sounds like a good idea. Some players may just like the creative world in ImDeity. Kind of like when a player goes on a hub server and only plays the hunger games there.

12. ngennaro

ngennaro

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ngennaro
    1. Have a system that allows people to transfer money from main to creative. Like the one for the factions world.
    2. Create currency system in creative.
    3. Have voting for dei linked up like pvp. (300 per vote on main, 300 on pvp and creative.)
    4. Add blacklisted items that need to be paid for on creative. As you progress thorough the ranks placing things gets cheaper.
    5. Implement on server so everyone gets what they want.
    6. Profit

Majora_Unmasked likes this.
  13. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Voting & DeityWar

People who voted in last 24 hours before ported to DeityWar may get enchanted armor and weapons: Protection 1 armor, Power 1 bow, Sharpness 1 sword. Others will have just basic armor and weapons.

(Voting requirement to just be able to play might be too limiting)

14. bcc_chicago

bcc_chicago

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    bcc_chicago
    Yes we obviously retain if you have voted or not. Because we get the annoying msg telling us that we haven't. I like that. Mostly because I vote daily :) But I think it would work too.

15. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    I agree with Barry and Yogs

I also think that we need a few promotional videos on YouTube to show people what the server offers. Saying: "pvp, towns, economy, ect." is not enough, we need to show people how it all looks and feels.

Show them the towns, show them the mall, show them the deity wars! :D

16. Gawkan

Gawkan

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Gawkan
    That weird I recorded some 360 videos earlier to put into one to maybe put on youtube showing mall quests, pvp spawn, etc but yes there could be official promotions showing roughly everything ;)