1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Maybe a New Map?

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by MysticalMystic, June 10, 2013.

1. MysticalMystic

MysticalMystic

This is just a suggestion, but I got a really cool map on my laptop. It is called the Warucia Castle map. It is HUUGE. Here is a picture. As you can see, it goes up higher, but I couldn't get higher. If you cannot use this map, maybe a large castle like this one. I could help if you want. Thanks. 2013-06-10_13.01.05.png

scoguy7 likes this.
  2. Gwenhywar

Gwenhywar

• Head Moderator
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Gwenhywar
    Erm, I think our castle is bigger and more awesome. No offense. Take a look at the spawn...

Nohats, Qazz, SpeedyGonzales9 and 5 others like this.
  3. Tallpines

Tallpines

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tallpines
    What would this be used for?
    War?
    Main spawn?
    Since the Deitywar build off just ended, so the war maps are covered.
    And the build team spent countless hours on the new spawn, so why whould they so quickly get a new one?

4. Messier1994

Messier1994

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    messier1994
    So from what I know being here for 10 months or so, we had a reset in October, and the spawn is the same. What makes you think Deity would want to change it if he didn't already?

Tallpines likes this.
  5. toeknee18

toeknee18

The spawn is awesome already

Nohats, minibirde and Tallpines like this.
  6. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    From my experience, buildings often have nice exteriors but no interiors. Can we see some interior details?

Nohats likes this.
  7. eriqmerc

eriqmerc

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    eriqmerc
  8. mas_destruction

mas_destruction

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mas_destruction
    The spawn gets rebuilt with the reset, but I would support the idea of a reset. The server had 200 people on which is now down to a measly 55. I think a reset should be done, I know what has been said by SMC about not needing a reset. But from what I have seen in the past that is what the greater part of the server wants. Just my suggestion, but the resets have worked well for you in the past.

scoguy7 and Rmarmorstein like this.
  9. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Actually, if we have a reset, I can see the population going down further. Why would we have a completely un-needed reset? All that would happen is people would leave for their work being wiped out for no reason.

The only time we do resets are when they are needed. Once for a major update, once for an update and switch to Kingdoms 2, and once for massive duplicating. Right now, there is absolutely no valid reason for there to be a reset.

10. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    The map was just expanded by either 1k or 2k like about a month ago. As long as everything stays stable, which it seems to have been, it will be expanded again. The possibility of the main world map getting to 16,000 x 16,000 at some point in time.

ngennaro likes this.
  11. gwen100888

gwen100888

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    gwen100888
    Honestly resets ruin servers... why do you think we dropped from about 200 players to about 50? Think about it plenty of people have been saving money and building around an area for a town.. and then they finally create it and poof! A reset takes away a town and the player loses 50k + whatever it took to build it invested in making it. I know I would be fairly peeved if this happened to me. On top of that people looking to make towns in the new reset have to find land before others destroy it. It only screws things up, unless absolutely needed!

Micklen likes this.
  12. Rmarmorstein

Rmarmorstein

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rmarmorstein
    Resets Can also make a server. Without Resets, the veterans will get bored, have everything they ever wanted, and just rule the world. They would get bored and leave, eventually. The reset is good, but only at the right time. It is a really delicate thing, IMO. Too early and the hard work is lost, too late, and people are already sick of the server.

That's my 2 cents.

mas_destruction and LupusOmegaX like this.
  13. Xplosions

Xplosions

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Xplosions
    I say instead of a reset, re-evaluate the existing towns and mall shops. Auction off any towns/stores that are not currently used or are owned by players that have been banned/quit playing. Many new people coming up that want to build a town or own a shop, but hard to get either since they are taken by inactive members. That's just my 2 cents on this topic!

ngennaro likes this.
  14. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Towns are deleted if they go too negative/inactive. Mall shops are already re-auctioned as Deity see's fit.

15. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    speaking about Wraught...
    "We're waiting for the next reset. Feel free to join if you need a mental asylum for a home though." - http://imdeity.com/portal/?go=town&town=22

And no, next reset will not be "the last straw". Of course there are people who would leave because of reset, but much more people leave for different reasons. Also, according to SMC we will stay on this map for _very_ long time, i expect until october at least but maybe until next october or even longer. Personally, i do not care if my town gets reset (yes, i am sponsor and can start it right after again). I have some ideas to do on next map already, i know how i would tweak my town to be better than now. The only thing that can stop me from playing is real life.

16. gwen100888

gwen100888

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    gwen100888
    That's why I said if it was needed....

Rmarmorstein likes this.
  17. mas_destruction

mas_destruction

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mas_destruction
    You guys have defined why a reset needs to happen. All the experienced/active players may not like it, but do you have any idea how hard it is for a new player to make a town? And be succesful? Sure the old towns that have a large population will die, but the mods have expressed that the large towns, Doha for example do not do as much to the server, there people are (Mod quote) "just a number." So why not reset the map? Resets allow the server to grow, and allow small towns to prosper which mods have made very clear that that is what they want. So, if this is the true case, there should be a reset every 6-8 months, because, if diligent work is done with friends, a town can be created in about 3 weeks. So small towns would grow, and then more small towns would come and take their place.

Rmarmorstein likes this.
  18. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    Just so others know, that "mod quote" was the mods quoting other players, who I believe were trying to poke fun at The_Yogs when he began counting the number of people in his town.

Resets will not help new players create towns. In fact, I would argue the opposite. The players who manage to create towns are the ones who know how to get money. What ends up making money on this map may not be the same money maker on another map. Creating a town without the starting donation money takes knowing the ins and outs in an economy, which can take some time to learn and then use. If you want more small towns to sprout up and grow, you have to get people who are motivated to own towns and teach them how to make money. Resets don't make anything easier in those regards. Large towns will become large towns if the continue to use the same model.

Tallpines and ngennaro like this.
  19. ngennaro

ngennaro

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ngennaro

I apologize that i was unclear on what i meant to say, it led you to think about my comment and to respond to it in the way you did. Here is what i meant to say: when i say a reset would be the last straw, i meant a premature reset. Say if they reset it tomorrow, most of us would be pretty mad. Now, if they reset it in 2014 when it was boring and old then i would be fine with a reset. What i am trying to say is a premature reset would be the last straw for me, and i whole heartedly apologize for the mis convenience. I mean you no disrespect barry, i regard you very highly :D So to reiterate what i meant, the "last straw" for me would be a premature reset in which the map is reset before its time (like the christmas reset in december 2011 imo but thats not the point), and so for me at least to consider areset premature would be sometime before winter but thats just me :p

also on the wraught thing, arkon204 put up that message as wraught's description, and as you can telll he is a troll. After putting up the message he then proceeded to leave town for vesis and then went inactive... so i dont think of that as a very good recruitment message :p

Rmarmorstein and BarryX15 like this.
  20. mas_destruction

mas_destruction

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mas_destruction
    To me there is a differnce between Yogs being proud of his large kingdom and town bashing. I viewed some of the stuff said as town bashing, and it doesn't really make sense to bash most of your servers population, you said it was for noobs and people are a number.