1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Main world reset(s)

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by BarryX15, July 18, 2012.

?

Do you want regular resets and competition awards for main world?

1. Yes, i like to have fresh start from time to time

28.6%
  2. Yes, i get bored when playing too long on the same map

18.2%
  3. Yes, i want to play game for awards

7.8%
  4. Yes

9.1%
  5. No, i dont want my builds to be deleted

37.7%
  6. No, i dont want to start with empty hands again and again

46.8%
  7. No, every new start means new problems

16.9%
  8. No

23.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ngennaro

ngennaro

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    ngennaro
    Unfortunately I am on a iPad typing this so I couldn't quote you're post bilk, but you just made a post that I was kinda posed about into a realatively more happy one at least for me. What I should have ut in was that I will absolutely not stand a reset BEFORE December. If it's in like march so I'll have my fun with a shop that last awhile I'll be cool with that. What I was annoyed about was when you suggested a reset for August. If I could get a shop and keep it for awhile that would definitely rock for me, but if it comes to a definite yes or no I vote no, although you made me not completely hate it. :p

2. vanZeben

vanZeben

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    vanZeben
    Actually I quite like the Achievement system proposed. Its probably one of the best ideas we have had suggested. However as for this whole "lets have a reset talk", I will say one thing. Deity and myself have a very clear idea of where the server will be when we hit the one year mark, and what will have happened/not happened. I won't be giving any further info at this time, however you all will be notified when we get closer to having it complete.

And if your taking "omg van said there will be a reset" away from my post, your an idiot. As i have said before, there will NOT be another reset in the foreseeable future.

3. Clyde

Clyde

In-Game Name:
    Master_Clyde
    Well, giving my 2 cents in short as well

1. Buildings you spent months to build will be lost (and by that i mean the inspiration, that is something that is not reproducible)
    2. Inactive stuff would be gone... not so bad if you do it only once a year.
    3. You would kill all the small towns instantly. Most of them don't have the money to start over again.

ps: if you want awards, you can do that in the creative world (regarding buildings at least)

4. SonnyBassPlayer

SonnyBassPlayer

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SonnyBassPlayer
    My honest opinion, is not planning resets. I mean, if i knew that in 6 months there would be a reset, why should I work a lot thinking that after few months I will lose everything? Or new players entering the server one week before that, they wouldn't do anything because they would lose it in few days, get bored, and find another server.
    The landclearing things is a good point,as much as putting everyone at the same level and achievements, but I wouldn't really enjoy building something that I know will be deleted in few months. Or even gathering money, why working so hard to lose everything?
    If a reset happens because of a bug I don't complain because that's something unpredicted, but planning them...seems so sad to me. But I'm a sentimentalist.
    Anyway it's just my opinion, take it as it comes.

5. joshbmxstar28

joshbmxstar28

In-Game Name:
    joshbmxstar28
    Great idea barry! :) The achievements bit dont bother me, dont really care about going for them :p
    I have no money, always poor, dont own much really I would probs get over resets xD

Even though I know it would be forever away, my heart would break if Ayres were to be deleted </3 Besides, the project has only just begun! :)

Johndahbomb likes this.
  6. strydier

strydier

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    strydier
    Josh Im all for keeping certain builds from the previous map. I'd say something like your town hall in ayres being moved over to the other map and incorporated into the 3000x3000 spawn. Maybe used as a university for nobles or some such. Kind of a way for the best builds to live on forever.

7. Harry_C

Harry_C

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Harry_C
    That sounds like a really good idea, Josh's build deserves to be moved over to the next map.

8. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Wow, some storm... Few quick conclusions:
    = 3/4 votes are against resetting. So we can forget about planned resets and have as few resets as possible.
    = 1/2 votes is against losing collected stuff or built projects. So we have to make some way to transfer those.
    = very few people want to play some competition for awards.
    = everyone freaks so much about the single word "reset" instead of putting in some other suggestion.

Lets check all points again:

1. New Age on Main world means clear start on new map, but you can apply to have your projects transferred from old one.
    = Obviously, this is for Great Constructions and another projects you cannot live without, like nice houses or fancy town spawns.
    = we have to think about rules for transferring (no chests with items etc), staff approval to transfer should be mandatory for each project.

2. Players are allowed to transfer one inventory + one more inventory per each 360 Quest XPs collected during ended Age.
    = vote on Minestatus for dei, vote for diamonds, do quests and you will be able to transfer more items as reward for promoting the server.
    = yes, i know that someone cannot vote so much because his IP is shared. What can be other way to get more Quest XPs? Everyone, help me and make some suggestion.

3. Old Age map is accessible and playable for at least 2 months after new Age started. During these 2 months you can transfer your inventory and projects as mentioned above.
    = no hassle with inventory saving before new map starts, you have 2 months to choose what to transfer.
    = if you were not quick enough to finish your construction, you have 2 more months to finish it and apply for transferring it to new map.
    = if you were quick enough to finish it, you have 2 months to find and prepare new place for your construction.
    = after 2 months, no more transfers are allowed and its up to admins decision when to switch off the old Age.

4. Mining world is accessible only from new Age
    = unchanged.

5. Achievements, awards
    So what can we get for our effort during whole Age? Lets make some more specific suggestions...
    = Quest XPs will allow everyone to transfer more items as mentioned above. There should be double Quest XP count in /resident info - one for current Age, allowing player to check how much more Quest XPs he needs to "buy" another inventory transfer - and one total for all Ages, to show others how long-term dedicated and active user can one be.
    = Spleef points, Event wins - item awards for top 10 (or even top 100?) players with most spleef points in whole Age (the more points, the better award?) and more valuable item awards for 3 players with most Event wins.
    = most online time - this would lead to many people staying online but afk so i think top 10 should be rewarded with stack of beds, because being afk in bed is the best. (Smartness will win it anyway)
    = most forum posts - this would lead to forum spamming so i think winner should have his inventory spammed by stack of stone (some forum moderator will have to win it anyway)
    = most forum likes received - lets say some nice small collection of animal spawn eggs for top 10 would be likeable reward (Qazz will win it anyway)
    = most player dei - uhmm... even more Dei? Gold blocks? Enchanted Emeralds? No idea..
    back to a bit more serious stuff.
    = most nobility salary claims (not money earned by it) = 30% bonus on nobility salary for top 10 nobles, 20% bonus for next 10 nobles, 10% bonus for next 10 nobles.
    = most money spent on craftsman items placement = 30% discount off placing payments for top 10 craftsmen, 20% discount for next 10 craftsmen, 10% discount for next 10 craftsmen.

kingdom and town competition:
    = King of kingdom with most residents at the end of the Age will get 20% larger kingdom zone (1200 block radius) if he becomes king again in new Age.
    = Mayor of biggest town (town with most residents at the end of the Age) will get 30% discount on starting new town if he starts one again in new Age. Mayor of second biggest town will get 20% discount, mayor of third biggest town will get 10% discount.
    = Mayor of most active town (town with the most "votes per resident", not just votes) will get 30% town tax discount if he becomes mayor again. Mayor of second most active town will get 20% town tax discount, mayor of third most active town will get 10% discount.

6. No scheduled resetting. New Age will come when admins decide.
    = they should warn us some time in advance ("we are going to start new Age this or next month") but they dont have to tell us exact date and time - it will prevent from trying to cheat competition in last days/hours. Simply, just one day we will spawn in new Age with two months to settle in new map and transfer our stuff and builds from old Age.

9. Gwenhywar

Gwenhywar

• Head Moderator
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Gwenhywar
    I am not concerned about the reset idea (actually kind of like it). Though: I am not happy about the awards idea. (was actually thinking about this since yesterday when I read it) I think somebody already wrote that all those rewards will go to the same town most likely. Further more: Giving out prices for most claimed plots will cause a furious claiming and expanding towns totally mindless. Towns are already competing with each other like crazy. And a lot of the others, like barry just stated will cause other problems.

10. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Thats true and i must admit every time when i thought about some award for town competition, there was some possibility of cheating competition which came on my mind immediately after. I hope people will put in some better competition ideas.

11. AntonioBarbarian

AntonioBarbarian

In-Game Name:
    AntonioBarbarian
    Thats a great idea there Barry, though, i think that donor money should not be counted in the "Most player dei" achievement, if not, thn only sponsors might win/have more chancecs of win.

12. strydier

strydier

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    strydier
    What server are you playing on?! The economy is screwed up already. How do more resets mean less resources that can be sold?

Admit it. You're one of my employees that found some internet access. Don't lie. Back away from the "Magic Box"

13. joshbmxstar28

joshbmxstar28

In-Game Name:
    joshbmxstar28
    <3

14. Kaninator1

Kaninator1

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    kaninator
    IF this were to happen, I emphisise IF. We should have on of those parties were you demolish a house, only that we would demolish the server. TNT BABY!1!!

15. ninjaxion

ninjaxion

The reset would cause a lot of complicated problems, and there is no future reset plans

16. strydier

strydier

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    strydier
    This must be ImDeity in disguise.

/facepalm

AntonioBarbarian likes this.
  17. TheEndScorpion

TheEndScorpion

I don't think so way too many nice builds going on in these town that people have spent months on, many of them would be very unhappy if they got removed.

18. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    I remember the Dec. 2011 restart, i loved it, I was a citizen of BuenaVista, it was a lot of fun, they were about 20 of us always online, and we were building huge buildings. It is fun to see a city grow and be a part of it, people are building, trading and managing the new towns, it is fun for everyone. I am a vendor, in January i could sell 10 stacks of iron in 20 seconds, today i cant sell 1 stack in 5 min.

Read this part:
    Do you remember going thru your town a month after the restart, people everywhere, doing stuff; look at same towns again, they have become ghost towns, everywhere houses and shops, but no people, no one to play with Edit-I think a Yearly reset would be OK