1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Increasing server population

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by MrZibbly, April 6, 2014.

1. MrZibbly

MrZibbly

I don't know if it just me but I am getting a vibe that the admins/owner gave up on trying to promote their server. Yes I know there is a vote system but that is one website which not much people look at. But if you were to update your server listing on all the other websites. Most of them will appear in the updated section (if said website has the section) now I have some website lists that I known have tons of people looking everyday.

Planetminecraft imdeity kingdoms. ( cannot post link)

This link is completely outdated esp with the pictures. Plus if you add an update log it will appear in recently updated. Which is default search. Now there are other options for this website. We have about 35 active users daily. If those 35 people gave a diamond, favorite and vote for top server we will be getting an increase in population.

With the contribution of the community we can make the server possibly popular. No guarantees. What does this mean for you?
    More competitive market, more active residents, more amazing builds, suggestions, ideas, etc.

I am did this on my phone and I will add more websites to advertise/update on if this is approved

ngennaro and BarryX15 like this.
  2. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    You can check my signature to find more server charts we are listed on. The problem of these server charts is, not all of them report back the name of the player who voted. Does PMC offer that?

Yet, i doubt this server would benefit from wide advertising, as becoming part of the community needs some time and effort. We should focus more on keeping active those that found their way to our server already.

3. Gwenhywar

Gwenhywar

• Head Moderator
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Gwenhywar
    ImDeity himself is taking care of advertising mostly. It works fine for the server. Our statistics show no decrease of new players. More the opposite. More players stayed on the server even, last time I checked with Deity about the statistics. Sure we could work on planetminecraft and all that for getting more players, but at the moment we are doing fine without it.

4. MrZibbly

MrZibbly

I see, you are right the server seems to be doing fine esp with such a great bunch. I am not saying there is a decrease but would it not be great to have 100 active people.

EDIT: I made this thread because I know you admins and mods and imdeity can do better at increasing population. We are doing fine but we can so better.

Last edited: April 6, 2014
  5. Trekar_Sil

Trekar_Sil

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Trekar_Sil
    I'm not seeing a problem with the server personally. As it is, I'd rather a smaller, more solid community than a larger, less cohesive one.

To be honest, this is probably the largest, best dedicated, and more well run servers I have come across. I'm not leaving anytime soon :)