1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

iDev Changes; Project Wolfpack

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by vanZeben, February 10, 2012.

1. vanZeben

vanZeben

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    vanZeben
    Sorry this one is a little late, however I waited until some things were done before posting this one. Also I decided to add a codename to these change-logs simply because we can. The codename will change as we progress to "finishing" our todo list

Kingdoms:
    1. 'removing town residents:' Well there was a large issue in the past with removing a resident from town, and for any new resident town plots this issue will not be there, as for the older plots deity is going to write a script up to parse out who shouldnt be in a plot. When this happens if your plot is affected we are going to set the plots as not for sale and remove all residents from said plot. You can then talk to your mayor/assistants about reclaiming your house.
    MagicCarpet:
    1. '/[magiccarpet/mc] [3/5/7] && /[magiccarpetswitch/mcs]' : This plugin has been altered so that when you enter a specific region you will lose access to this perk until you leave the region. Some regions effected are the huge capital region including pvp arenas. The whole of events world and creative, and the mining world spawn protection. Once you leave these regions you will be able to use magic carpet again.
    Ascend/Descend:
    1. '/ascend # && /descend #' : These commands have also been altered to actually not work in certain regions instead of just saying they dont work and actually working. You will also be able to use /asc # and /desc # as a shortcut if you so desire.
    DeityRPG:
    1. Still Coming along.
    Staff Changes:
    1. We have appointed 2 new moderators (KiddieWish and iSquared) so respect them as you would every other staff member. There is also one more on the way in the few short-coming days.
    General Server:
    1. Tag Changes: Gold+ donors can now change their tags VIA the portal page.
    2. Server Grey-List: Well me and deity talked about an idea brought to life in this thread where instead of reapplying the whitelist we make the "starter quest" a whole RPG experience on its own. In which you would have to complete a series of "quests" and tasks in order to begin your stay on the actual ImDeity Kingdoms. We will need help developing this "storyline" and what players should do during this time. If you wish to help-out with the project, please send me a message and we can talk in further detail
    3. Spawn: In addition to this grey list we wish to turn the current capital into a more "developed" spawn, with a lot more questing possibilities. We wish to make our quest experience a lot more like Skyrim or Assassins Creed, where there is an actual storyline. We have some people on the job already with this task, Gwenhywar, x920MikeyB and Leviathan_Ziz, however it would be nice if we had more helpers and have it made for the server by the server. If you wish to help out you can send me a message and I shall put you in contact with whom you need to be
    4. Spawn/Creative: We will be holding a building competition in the near future to officially "kick off" our creative world, however we will also be putting together a prospective team from this competition to help create the physical side of the capital questing. So get practicing on your medieval buildings

Nauss, zRations, KiddieWish and 5 others like this.
  2. eltono999

eltono999

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    eltono999
    Sounds excellent! I'm loving the codename too!

3. RickyBobby

RickyBobby

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    xRickyBobbyx
    Wow! I'm liking all the changes and soon to be changes coming our way. Very impressive and i can hardly wait. =)

4. humanhippi123

humanhippi123

In-Game Name:
    humanhippi123
    Can't wait for the changes, everything will be awesome! ;)

5. Saint_Dante

Saint_Dante

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Saint_Dante
    There are a lot of interesting things in store for this server. It's already great, but I can only imagine how much it can still be improved. It has a lot of potential.

6. ZangetsuMC

ZangetsuMC

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    ZangetsuMC
    I like the idea about the magic carpet cancelling, but it should give about a 10 second warning before removing it. Spawn territory is very close to BuenaVista and if I venture too far I could plummet to the ground. :oops:

And capital questing, that will be interesting. Quests that lead to other quests and side-quests. Quests involving strategy, jumping, risk of death, possible mobs, adventure...instead of gathering stone and cakes. xD This sounds like it could be a lot of fun, and I would definitely like a part in helping design it. And with a medieval look like Skyrim, sounds like it can be epic. :D

Thanks for another detailed update!

7. Harry_C

Harry_C

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Harry_C
    I think i know who the next mod is....

8. vanZeben

vanZeben

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    vanZeben
    Well when the carpet turns off you wont be "plummeting to the ground"; I have made it so that you will be teleported to the ground so you wont be taking any fall damage or anything, however a timer could be something to add actually, i like it. Also yes we really want to involve the whole rpg feel to the capital. It was the orignal idea way back when, we just got sidetracked with other things. And with the addition of more staff and our whole "department" system we can delegate tasks where they are needed which is a lot nice for us sub admins+ not having to do everything

9. cliff777

cliff777

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    cliff777
    With getting help for the new RPG system, do you need help in just building and coming up with quests, or anything else?

10. lotto_man030

lotto_man030

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    lotto_man030
    Cooliessss!!! :D

11. vanZeben

vanZeben

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    vanZeben
    Well what else is there in an RPG system? There is a storyline and locations to support the storyline. If you have any suggestions feel free to bring them forward. After all, this is being made for you guys.

12. Rillaith

Rillaith

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Rillaith
    Is the quest system capable of only allowing certain quests to be accessible after prior quests have been completed? (I'm under the impression hat's not the case.)

13. Dutchy

Dutchy

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Dragonlord849
    is it now that your mc will be turned off?
    or like before you can just tp to like your town turn it on and then tp back?

14. vanZeben

vanZeben

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    vanZeben
    atm yes, im not sure myself on the complete specifics of it, however i am aware of this being the case. And if i am mistaken, its not a hard thing to write in.

its off for good now, regardless if you tp back to your town to turn it on. Once you enter a region that we have marked, you cannot use the command and/or the carpet will disappear and you will be put on the ground

Riillaith likes this.
  15. Fizzor

Fizzor

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    FizzoR
    I will most definitily make some nice medieval structures for the competition!

16. RyanRugenus

RyanRugenus

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    RyanRugenus
    i will not be in the competition but i will help with spawn and the grey list

17. zombykillr

zombykillr

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    zombykillr
    i will be in the competition! cant wait and i will maybe help with the spawn and grey list if u need me!

18. ianwhat

ianwhat

In-Game Name:
    ianwhat
    For the "grey list" does everyone have to do it or just new players ?

19. vanZeben

vanZeben

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    vanZeben
    Only new players who join the server will have to do it. Unless you want to go back and do it, we can probably arrange something to get everyone who wants to to complete it.

Riillaith likes this.
  20. tenro

tenro

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    tenro
    aw, no more ascending to the capital roof to hang with diety and vZ.... :(