1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Deity Games with a twist

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Venithar, February 3, 2013.

1. Venithar

Venithar

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Venithar
    I was just thinking of a way to make deity games a more integrated part of the server, instead of just a passing fad. As it is currently not working, I thought this would be a good time to bring this up.

I think an interesting twist to the games would be to do a weekly event where 13 towns "sponsor" one of their members to take part in the games. By sponsor I mean the towns put up a set amount of money for each participant from their town (in-case 13 towns do not wish to take part, this leaves open the possibility of a town to have 2 or 3 people from it). It should also be done where the overall prize for winning goes to the town, not the player, as the town would be putting up the Dei for the person to participate. Now the prize should actually be the total of what all the towns put up, minus a fee, thus preventing a town from wanting to monopolize the games. As example: Town A has 2 members that want to participate, while towns B-L have 1 member, and town M has 0 members. Town A would put up, for this example, 2000 Dei, while B-L put up 1000 Dei. As stated, there would be a fee, so let's say the fee is 250 Dei per person. So, the winning town, would actually come out with a 9750 Dei prize. This would also mean a town that attempted to be the only town in the games would end up losing Dei rather then gaining.

ngennaro, aRuHZoNa, zubat1998 and 8 others like this.
  2. northernnerd2

northernnerd2

In-Game Name:
    ZMatt96
    Veni this is a great idea, although we gotta make sure the old problems of deity games don't reoccur, such as variety of maps and switch of chests ect. and maybe each (major?) town sends 2 people instead of one that way it adds team work to the equation.

3. moneymankillz

moneymankillz

In-Game Name:
    vidimc
    Could be that each town would yes select one player, but could we also integrate a package system? Say for example (brainstorming): 12 towns select 2 people and could spend town money to help the players, being that Iron Armor say is crazy expensive and a stick dirt cheap? And what is preventing towns only putting up a tiny amount of money to just have barely any risk? Each participating town should have to put in a predetermened amount of money, so that their players can compete in the games. Towns should be able to spend more to help them win. (A lot more, not just lke 500. Like 8000 for Iron stuff, considering the jackpot is around 9000).

4. iSquared

iSquared

• Senior Moderator
    • Gold
    In-Game Name:
    iSquared
    In my opinion.... We're still a survival server and no hunger games server.
    A hunger game event that happens every now and then is fun, but yeah.. There are other plugins and projects that have a higher priority in my eyes..

cliff777 likes this.
  5. moneymankillz

moneymankillz

In-Game Name:
    vidimc
    A seperate 'team' could help work on this when they are free..

6. iSquared

iSquared

• Senior Moderator
    • Gold
    In-Game Name:
    iSquared
    And this team should consist out of... ? The events dept? They have a lot on their minds too..

If you're trying to say that non-staff members could work on it, I'd say no... I don't want the 'council talk' again..

7. moneymankillz

moneymankillz

In-Game Name:
    vidimc
    Not the council, but in the near future when new developers are here. New 'rookies' could work on it.

thejacoborg and mbonachea like this.
  8. Venithar

Venithar

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Venithar
    Isquared, I just wanted to point out I mentioned that as the plugin wasn't currently working it seemed like a good time to mention it, since ofc sooner or later the plugin will get fixed. Aside from that, the suggestion really wouldn't need anything different in the plugin, although I did fail to state I thought this should be something added to the event roster and not a daily thing. My intention wasn't to give the programmers more work, it was actually intended for the server to have another event in which towns as a whole could work together against other towns (unlike when they psuedo work together to win pvp matches). I am sorry for that confusion in regards to the suggestion.