1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Bring Back Deity Games

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by angryjukebox, January 19, 2013.

?

Do you believe we should have the DeityGames again?

1. Yes (Leave feedback)

95.0%
  2. No (Tell me why)

5.0%
  1. angryjukebox

angryjukebox

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Angryjukebox
    Hello,

I'm creating this thread in hopes of bringing back the deity games. I'll copy/paste what I already have written, and add on.

I personally believe the deity games should be brought back. Yes, there arent many hunger games servers in the top 50, but I play a server that's all about hunger games, bringing in 10's of thousands of unique players. They have over 1,000,000 people in their database. If you ask me, Hunger games is at or near its peak.

at the moment, the only events we have are weekly, yes it may be something to look forward for, but I think many people would enjoy the added event, as pescotti said, it gives a nice distraction and break to building.

There are now 5 official "Survival Games" maps that are available for download, each one unique in its own way. This would bring back the friendly competition we used to have, with kingdom and town "teams".

The fact that there are more maps now, brings me to believe that people would enjoy playing it more, instead of playing the same map over again. The plugin we had in the summer made by btarb24 was decent, but it's just "not what the survival games are." The survival games are playing on a premade map, so that you can plan out a way to go and get better stuff, not having to scavenge for it.

I feel that the server would greatly benefit by bringing this back, and I know people would enjoy it coming back.

**LINK TO THE "OFFICIAL" SURVIVAL GAMES MAPS**
    http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/vareide/

NinjaCreater, Qazz, grat180 and 8 others like this.
  2. Lord_Aquarius

Lord_Aquarius

In-Game Name:
    Lord_Aquarius
    I personally loved playing it, even if it meant waiting an hour or more for more people to join. Nothing is like having 23/24 people, and broadcasting in /g "Join /games now! 1 MOAR PERSON!" * exaggeration*

I think with the current server's population back up full and high, there won't be that many shortages in players. Would be nice to see this back :D

grat180 likes this.
  3. squeezal

squeezal

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    squeezal
    I think it would be a good idea to cycle between things like spleef and Deity games each month. It might stop people from becoming bored with any one thing.

4. angryjukebox

angryjukebox

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Angryjukebox
    Pretty much the reason I suggested it, I know that it will be like it was before, people enjoyed it and the people I've talked to about this agree, they'd like it back.
    why not have the both? You don't NEED to sign up.

5. squeezal

squeezal

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    squeezal
    and I don't, but I know people were really excited at the beginning of the games, and then eventually got bored with it. It got to the point where they could barely get enough people to get a game together. If you can only play it for 30 days, and then not again for another 30 days, it may retain its popularity better. Also, like you said, switching maps will help too. That way, you don't just wind up with the same veterans who memorized the map.

6. mas_destruction

mas_destruction

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mas_destruction
    30 days seems too long maybe weekly or something or a weekly games event like pvp and spleef. Idk just spitballin. I personally prefer original deity games with chests and no block breaking but that is just me.

7. angryjukebox

angryjukebox

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Angryjukebox
    No no no. The whole point of the deity games is to have fun hourly not every week, the only events we have are weekly, this would be bringing more things to do on the server.

8. mas_destruction

mas_destruction

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mas_destruction
    I completely agree with you. I was just saying if there was to be some restriction on it. I loved playing the games and signed up every hour i was on

9. northernnerd2

northernnerd2

In-Game Name:
    ZMatt96
    I agree fully with angryjukebox, I really enjoy pvp, but I don't like the pvp server; what I think needs to be done is have a plugin where the chests rotate? or atleast change items, also with new maps this would work great for map rotation. aaaand maybe we could create a imdiety map, I know we got MANY great builders out there who could be up to the challenge. oh and maybe two hours rotation? this way people can do other things instead of waiting/playing on hunger games all day.
    I don't know about you guys, but I would have no problem getting rid of the pvp server and replacing it with the survival games... (just saying!)

10. iSquared

iSquared

• Senior Moderator
    • Gold
    In-Game Name:
    iSquared
    As far as I know, is that the plugin is not yet updated.

11. mas_destruction

mas_destruction

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mas_destruction
    There are so many people who play on the pvp server and we used to have both so I don't see why we would have to get rid of one or the other

12. northernnerd2

northernnerd2

In-Game Name:
    ZMatt96
    we don't have to, i'm jus stating my view. I doubt they will do that but oh well.

13. Frenchy1

Frenchy1

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Frenchy1
    I want this back so much, the amount of stress that was in the game was unparalleled. It was actually extremely fun.
    You were there, hiding inside of some tree, with a stone sword, a bow that you had scavenged off of a noob's rotten body, and a few apples hoping that the next guy to walk nearby would not be carrying too much diamond gear.

I think that the games were the best thing on the server by far when they came out. It was a lot of fun, most people were fair play, there was very little flaming/raging compared to most other intense games and it was a pretty strategic game.
    It brought the community together to smack on each-other without forcing us to play on our very weird pvp server.
    (Also some of us enjoyed defending our town's colors for bragging rights ^.^ )
    10/10

ImDeity, thejacoborg and angryjukebox like this.
  14. scoguy7

scoguy7

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    scoguy7
    I would love this back to. Plz deity if ur reading this plz consider. I loved teaming up with someone and then when it it was the end we faced off 1v1. Oh the days

15. DunkMastaZ

DunkMastaZ

In-Game Name:
    Mr_Jeans
    I loved inviting friends to compete againbst eachother in the games or try and team up. bragging rights is always good too:D

scoguy7 likes this.
  16. jumbo33

jumbo33

In-Game Name:
    jumbotaters
    I think it would be amazing to bring the games back! if it is possible they could move the competing players to a waiting area and have them vote for a map

scoguy7 likes this.
  17. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    If Deity has time to modify it so it can start with less then 24 competitors, I believe the deity games should be reinstated.

18. scoguy7

scoguy7

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    scoguy7
    Thank u. Ur a mod so sprea the word.

19. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    Well as a matter of fact, Deity did have this idea(a previous poster did), I basicly copied this ;). I would enjoy the deity games however.

20. angryjukebox

angryjukebox

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Angryjukebox
    Perhaps we could also have community made maps that people submit? I know there are some great builders that might enjoy building some maps.

Lord__Xemnas likes this.