1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

A public service announcement from the NMNSF.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by festeringskull, April 4, 2012.

1. festeringskull

festeringskull

In-Game Name:
    festeringskull
    Hello Citizens of ImDeity,

This is festeringskull, founder of the No More Naked Sheep Foundation. A.K.A. NMNSF.

If you are reading this then you too must be concerned about current sheep crisis that is effecting the land of ImDeity. All over our world the sheep have stopped growing thier wool!! How can this happen?? Now sheep everywhere are left out in the cold without a woolly coat to keep them warm. Why??! Did they not eat enough grass? Did they drink radioactive waste? Did all the sheep go on strike??

No! These are not the answers.. It is the work of this man!! *points at VanZeben* This is his official statement to us, the shearers of the sheep.. "30 minute lifespan on all mobs. Sheeps will not regain their wool. 1 pet per person. You can all thank the noobs with mob farms for this one" And how does he address our cries to help the sheep?? By telling us this!! "In the future we will probably change the lifespan out to an hour and MAYBE remove the removed shearing. maybe" This is an outrage and must be undone!!

So I encourage you my fellow citizens of ImDeity. Take a stand against this oppression of the sheep!! We can not let this injustice continue!!

Don't leave the sheep out in the cold!!

Show your naked, once woolly, friends that you care about their livelyhood!!

Let your voice be heard!!

NO MORE NAKED SHEEP!!!

*if you support this message please change your status to show your love of sheep*

2. Eudynies

Eudynies

In-Game Name:
    Eudynies
  3. Sephronia

Sephronia

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Sephronia
    I too have been wondering about this. Wool is a vital commodity and it's lack deprives us all of additional sources of colour in our building materials. What shall we do without red...? How can we do without blue...? As wool becomes more scarce, prices will skyrocket and creativity will dwindle. We will be forced to use the dull pallete of wood and stone. ImDeity's towns will become that much less lustrous.

As mob farming is a problem, I can only offer my humble suggestion to possibly remedy it. I would suggest a Wool Exchange, once the Mall etc is back up. Would it be possible to do it in such a way so as you slake our thirst for wool...? I would dislike hoarding of wool immensly but the thought of no wool...? Disheartening and dissapointing.

Seph.

Rillaith and festeringskull like this.
  4. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    Funny post :)

I agree with van on cracking down as i'm sure there were people that abused the no-despawn change. Though, i think i'd prefer to see that the sheep regrow their wool, but we just have some despawn lifespan. This way you can gather resources but it has some level of inconvenience to it.

The length of despawn time would likely need to be something around the 1 hour-ish time. With roughly 1 total hour you could spend the 20 minutes gathering up ten sheep and you'll still have time to sheer the sheep 3 or 4 times before they're gone.

We'd be able to gather wool with some level of efficiency, but still requiring continued effort of herding the sheep before you gather. Stockpiling 200 sheep (or whatever the cause of this change was) will no longer be feasible.

Rillaith and Sephronia like this.
  5. Qazz

Qazz

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Qazz
    *gasp* These poor sheep! Something MUST be done about this unexpected crisis! I say we all go on vanZeben's wall, and write "No more naked sheep! - NMNSF" That'll show him to not mess with the poor naked, cold sheep of ImDeity Kindgoms! This act cannot be avoided! We must save the sheep!

6. Novamike

Novamike

In-Game Name:
    Novamichael
    I too join the cause of the NMNSF!

Wool is a vital part in the construction of creative houses, statues, boats and other colorfull builds. With sheep not regrowing their wool, creating these structures will become incredibly time consuming. Even to the point where it becomes similar to grinding on boars in various MMO's. Minecraft is all about building nice buildings and not about grinding hours on end to get some decent materials. Last time i checked this server was focused on survival/building/towns with PVP as a side aspect. This change is very harsh and unfriendly to all the players that enjoy the main aspect of this server: building.

There must be other approaches to combat lag farms, some of them have allready been mentioned by the previous posters. We can all live with breeding deactivated and a fixed life span on mobs but no regrowing of wool goes to far. I am dissapointed that all the residents of ImDeity are affected by the actions of a few, and in my opinion this is just plain wrong. In the long run this change will remove a lot of the enjoyment that i have experienced on this server.

Furthermore I do not think that the economy argument is valid. With the current situation, getting a stack of wool is as time consuming as getting a stack of iron. Yet wool is commonly used in higher quantities then iron. This means that supply/demand ratios are far higher with wool then iron and maybe even diamond/gold. As Sephronia mentioned this will make the prices for wool skyrocket on the open market. I can not believe this would be as intended.

Let us soon rejoice and run around with shears once again :)

7. festeringskull

festeringskull

In-Game Name:
    festeringskull
    This is a good idea!! To VanZebens Wall!! ---> http://imdeity.com/members/vanzeben.310/

8. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    Heh, probably not the best plan. I foresee either no sheep at all .. or them being born without any wool to start with :p

Eudynies likes this.
  9. iSquared

iSquared

• Senior Moderator
    • Gold
    In-Game Name:
    iSquared
    *facedesk*

10. KiddieWish

KiddieWish

In-Game Name:
    KiddieWish
    I shall now kill all the sheep in all the worlds. This is the only solution! Now good day!

11. babyface0519

babyface0519

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    babyface0519
    flips desk* then saves sheep from kiddie*

festeringskull likes this.
  12. Shoe1

Shoe1

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Shoe1
    I go outside for one day, and come back to this.

I'm going back outside.

13. riskwarlord

riskwarlord

In-Game Name:
    riskwarlord
    Alas, what a cruel world we doth dwell, in which the humble sheep may not grow wool anew! What endless evil, in its pure and sinful nature, hath rendered such an atrocity upon such innocents? What hope we hold, through shear ambition alone, must come from sunrise, holding the promise of the future! But soft, what light through yonder horizon breaks? It is the East, and the Sheep are such the sun! In time, through passage of that cold and imaginary thought, The Sun must meet the West, and once more ordain that wool and sheep are meant to be. For should the forces of the universe be halted by the act of man, it is then that i say rise my brethren! Rise up, and march forward unto the battle! Fight for our honor! Fight for the balance of nature! Fight, FOR THE SHEEP!

Arkon, Rillaith, Realm1121 and 3 others like this.
  14. lmren

lmren

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    lmren
    Shame on you VanZeben, what did the sheep ever do to you? I'm going to make some coats for my poor naked sheep so they don't catch a cold.
    Wait... I don't have any wool! *googles the number for PETA*

15. vanZeben

vanZeben

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    vanZeben
    o, good idea. That will fix the issue . Instead of having people complain about them getting cold, why dont we just make them cold in the first place. then they will adapt.

Also a note to festeringskull and all "party" members of this NMNSF: Im not the one making the sheeps cold in the first place. I simply have stopped them from regaining their wool. YOU are the ones at fault for making them cold.

16. Bonesetter1775

Bonesetter1775

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Bonesetter1775
    I'd wager to say you're incorrect, vanZeben.

I'd put money on it that the people complaining are not the ones abusing the spawning of sheep, hoarding them all to create issues. I bet the guilty parties aren't even mentioning anything here about it.

Arkon, Itforesight4, Rillaith and 4 others like this.
  17. angryjukebox

angryjukebox

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Angryjukebox
    Sheep farms/regaining wool is a vanilla feature of minecraft, it's meant to be used. If the coders woyldn't of wanted people to make sheep farms, why would they have given it to us?

18. vanZeben

vanZeben

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    vanZeben
    you misunderstood me my good friend. What i ment was that sheep only get cold when they are sheared. If you dont want them to get cold, dont shear them. I am not the person who shears sheep in order for wool, you people do. Also i wasnt saying that the people here are abusing it, however you are correct that the guilty parties are not mentioning anything here... for the most part

@angry: the "coders" of minecraft did put in sheeps regaining wool, however they also put in many other things that we dont have and the havent put in things that we do use. If you want to play vanilla and respect the direct desires of the programmers @mojang them im afraid this isnt the server for you

Koolstir likes this.
  19. festeringskull

festeringskull

In-Game Name:
    festeringskull

Ah, but this is where you are wrong, for I have put my shears down in protest of this most inhumane treatment of such lovely beasts!!

I was not one to lure helpless sheep into a most lucrative endeavor. I am not guilty of turning innocent woolly sheep into a factory of economic destruction. I am the one so stand up for those most affected by this cruel decision.. The SHEEP!!!

And what of those few that have chosen to exploit "glitches" and accumulate droves of a now priceless commodity? Those few sit on an empire of Dei and become potential puppetmasters of our precious economy, while those in need of the fruit of our precious grass grazers are left at their mercy.. What kind of justice is this for them?

I demand retribution for the sheep!!

NO MORE NAKED SHEEP!!!

Rillaith and thejacoborg like this.
  20. moirafae

moirafae

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    moirafae
    Poor sheepies! I am so desperate for grey wool already, and now there are all these nakey sheeps ... I will knit them all sweaters! Owait ... ;o;