1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

you should make it so you can break blocks in dietygames

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by azrobert, May 6, 2012.

?

Why are there mobs?

Poll closed June 24, 2012.
  1. It makes it more fun.

52.6%
  2. It makes it more possible die.

52.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. azrobert

azrobert

In-Game Name:
    azrobert
    you should also make it so there are no mobs and maybe more players like maybe 48 players in one game a day

2. Gawkan

Gawkan

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Gawkan
    I believe in the real hunger games there is 24 players and you could destroy blocks it would spoil the fun since you would be able to hide better and if you could place blocks that even be worse and may be unfair and quite annoying and I believe imdeity trying keep it like the real hunger games so I disagree with this idea.

C0nfuseki and Leviathan_Ziz like this.
  3. Kassial

Kassial

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Kassial
    24 players is fine for the time being, it doesn't always fill up ergo it doesn't always start. As for block destruction, games already last a fair amount of time, they would far too long if destruction was added; people would hide deep underground in 1x1 holes. As for mobs, I think they are a good thing, means you have to be more wary of your surroundings and adds to the survival aspect.

Leviathan_Ziz likes this.
  4. Harry_C

Harry_C

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Harry_C
    48 players... That would take forever to finish.

5. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    It can be a bit bothersome if you don't manage to get anything in the beginning, and some people would at least like the ability to craft a wooden sword to stay competitive. However there is a lot of room for abuse, and some chests that are difficult to find or otherwise get to suddenly become super easy. While in vanilla mine craft you have to break and move blocks in order to survive, the idea of the Deitygames is pvp survival. Terrain is simply an obstacle you have to get around.

C0nfuseki likes this.
  6. DRicer

DRicer

In-Game Name:
    DRicer
    that would ruin the idea of the hunger games as you could just break into secret chest areas

7. Blazecreeper

Blazecreeper

In-Game Name:
    BlazeCreeper
    The breaking blocks could work, if you set it to be only blocks to keep it more realistic.

8. Bilko

Bilko

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    bilko100
    Why is the poll completely unrelated to the thread...?

dmandork likes this.
  9. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    In Hunger Games you can spot hungry bear as well as in Deity Games you can spot angry creeper. No need to turn mobs off.

There is no need to let more players play at the same time, very few people are complaining they didnt get into when they subscribed.

On the other hand, there is very annoying chat spam in less busy daytime when there is less people to subscribe. I would rather suggest to set games for 12 people only in AM time EST, with half prize money.

10. greatman90

greatman90

In-Game Name:
    greatman90
    ya i dont like that idea at all.....
    2 many people playing and u could hide in a hole below 20 blocks from ground

11. Whajoost

Whajoost

In-Game Name:
    DeitysFanboy
    the games are good like they are now, otherwise everyone would go and hide and that would spoil the fun

12. SaintThunder

SaintThunder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    SaintThunder
    ***Warning***
    The following is in defense of the idea of breaking blocks. Pick out and refute any flaws.

Hiding isn't that big of an issue, is it? I mean, you do get teleported to the center every so often, and supposing you live long enough, the game gives you the coordinates of another nearby player. Hiding can also be part of survival. Suppose you were onset by many mobs (as many others have made reference to, several creepers) and you decide to hole yourself up until you regenerate health. This method is only temporarily hiding, and then going back into the fight. So I'm just not sure that hiding is something that can be abused. And with the breaking of blocks, most people can make themselves either a wooden or stone sword relatively quickly (assuming they are also allowed to place things like workbenches) and will then focus on fighting. And even should they hide after that, they still get teleported back to the center every so often along with everyone else

C0nfuseki likes this.
  13. 10askinsw

10askinsw

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    10askinsw
    That's a bit harsh. He made a suggestion, he put some effort into it.
    Btw, he said you are allowed to break vines, leaves and mushrooms.

Moiriana likes this.
  14. moirafae

moirafae

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    moirafae
    Not everyone hides just to regenerate life.

A scenario: you are allowed to break blocks. Of 24 people, 12 go for the cornucopia and 6 die right off the bat. 12 run into the wilderness, and the remaining 6 from the cornucopia follow soon after. 4 of the remaining 18 get die of natural causes, and 2 are killed by others they run into. 12 remain. Of those 12, perhaps 4 are well armed and seeking out the others. The rest are looking for a good place to hide so they can wait out the deaths of the rest and be teleported to the center for the final showdown. They all recall the new breaking blocks rule. So 8 people find a way to dig a hole straight down, or wall themselves into a cave, or bury themselves in some other way, hoping to hide until the match is over. And the game goes on for HOURS.

No, thank you. What I believe you're saying is that, occasionally, if the game goes on too long, -everyone- should get ported back to the center. But that's rather unfair, especially to those less well-armed, not to mention immersion breaking. Personally, I don't like that the final three get ported back to the center, but I get the reason, for time's sake. I understand that it would be nice to be able to craft a weapon - sure, they could kind of do that in the book, if they really wanted to. But it's not worth it, for the sake of the game stretching out for far too long.

BarryX15, Bilko and Gwenhywar like this.
  15. AntonioBarbarian

AntonioBarbarian

In-Game Name:
    AntonioBarbarian
    What if we are only allowed to place/break certain blocks? Like we could break stone, but not cobble neither place cobble/stone, we could place crafting tables, furnaces, but would not be able to break dirt/grass

16. strydier

strydier

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    strydier
    No, stop trying to pad your post count, and your poll makes no sense. These random, not-thought-out DeityGame threads are getting old fast.

Bilko likes this.
  17. Flamoe2

Flamoe2

In-Game Name:
    Flamoe2
    Yea cuz then at night u can hide under things so creeps wont pop out and blow u to smithereens, plus if ur underground then u have to worry about getting hunger so there are pros aand cons for it which makes it even, but thats what i think

18. Gawkan

Gawkan

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Gawkan
    Ok yea but even if there some pros as well why it should be implented, I still don't think imdeity should implement this and keep it as it is

19. bubba67

bubba67

In-Game Name:
    bubba67
    I agree

That you should be able to break blocks

20. Flamoe2

Flamoe2

In-Game Name:
    Flamoe2
    Well do you remember in the book when peeta hides himself under the mud when he has that hurt leg (i believe it was his leg), so its in the book why not the game? and it isnt like u can hide their forever cuz ur name goes past blocks so others can see you, i cant see why it would be such a bad thing, but thats just me. i think it should be given a chance