1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Yogs' Suggestions for Classes!

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by The_Yogs, March 3, 2012.

1. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    Hey Guys,

Being a server owner, I have a few suggestions that might be of use. I mention these ones because I know there are very possible to implement. The ideas all come from plugins that I have used in the past.

1. bcooldown: This plugin would be used in the pvp arena. I’ve noticed a lot of people spawning out in combat and mods having to monitor the arena at various times. Basically this would be adjusted so that when players do /go pvp, there is a specific delay or warmup of the intended time interval. My suggestion is that it could be set to around 3 seconds. This would discourage players from spawning out because they know they are not going to be alive for 3 more seconds.
    Link: “bcooldown”-bukkit.org

2. Vouchers: This plugin is pretty cool. Basically it can be set to allow players to do various tasks to save themselves from a mistake or an annoyance. For a penalty (dei $), they would be able to: heal fully, resurrect to a death location, use superpick for 1 block, or parachute down 1 drop. There are many more options to pick from the list.
    Link: “Vouchers”-bukkit.org

Now- Class Suggestions:

Politician:
    1. Ability to create party chats (/pc) and allow certain members on the server to join. This would be nice for private mayor/assistant conversations right there on the server.
    Link: “Parties”-bukkit.org
    2. Town tickets (for grief and other problems).
    3. Small town jail (Allow only for mayors and assistants to jail town members).

Craftsman:
    1. Ability to create mailboxes! (see merchant for connection).
    2. Controller Block- This is an amazing plugin that allows for cool contraptions that redstone could never do. This reduces lag b/c redstone is not used. Players can program iron blocks to do certain tasks. For example, an area of four blocks on the floor can be opened with a lever from miles away and the secret entrance leads to a room underground. Players can be really creative with this and it is just a blast to use.
    Link: “ControllerBlock”-bukkit.org
    I’m assuming lights and bridges are going to be added.

Merchant:
    1. Use of Mailbox send: This is the only suggestion I have for vendors, but it is amazing and would love it on the server. This basic plugin allows players to send the item(s) in their hand to any other player instantly. No tp costs are needed! Just like lords are allowed to travel to towns for free, vendors can send their goods to players all over the map without leaving their location. Above I mentioned a craftsmen connection to this. This plugin allows players to make the mailbox before using it. So, it might be an interesting class link to only allow the craftsmen the ability to make the mailbox, but the vendors to use it. Its all basic permissions.
    Link: “MailBox”-bukkit.org

Please comment below with your ideas and responses.

--Yogs

Joeyson likes this.
  2. eltono999

eltono999

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    eltono999
    Sounds okay, the top 2 plugins are kinda useless, because most pvp porters use /home or /spawn instead, and if all teleportation commands had the cool down, that would be downright annoying. And the vouchers..sorta pointless..but i like the party chat and the town ticket idea, and the mailnox is good too.

3. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    The only command that would be allowed in the pvp arena would be /go pvp and nothing else. And the cooldown would be on that command solely.

4. MGBroadcast

MGBroadcast

In-Game Name:
    MGBroadcast
    I don't think vouchers would be a good idea, as many of the features (heal fully, resurrect to a death location, use super pick for 1 block) have been discussed multiple times and have been rejected manly for that fact this is a survival server (You can search the forums and find many plug ins like this). I believe that super break is a craftsmen perk.

As for town tickets that would fall under town matter and because of that wont be added. The town jail idea can be abused and might cause more problems than help.

All the other suggestions seem fine.

5. Koolstir

Koolstir

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Koolstir
    I really like the idea for merchant! That would be my fav for sure!

6. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    @ MGB
    Vouchers is a very open plugin and not all of the things mentioned have to be added. I just thought for example if someone was mining and was about to die, he could spend 300 dei to restore health. Such elements can add spice to the server. As for the towns, I did think about what you said, but mayors and assistants are very reliable people and don't abuse town members.

7. MGBroadcast

MGBroadcast

In-Game Name:
    MGBroadcast
    Heh, not all towns have reliable Assts or Mayors, however I guess it could be limited to who can jail, maybe set by the Mayor. But then again some people get too emotional on things and could start abusing there power.

8. CheeseZhenshi

CheeseZhenshi

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    CheeseZhenshi
    Seems like if the mayor/assistants were abusing their powers then the person could just leave the town. It could even be set to port them out of the jail and into the main spawn if they leave the town, so that mayors/assistants couldn't put the jail time to extreme amounts in anticipation of this. And while that may lead to people leaving the town just to get out of the jail, that's fine as mayors/assistants can already kick someone if they did something really bad, so jailing would just be for minor infractions of the rules that normally wouldn't get someone kicked out, so they'd only be making their punishment worse. If they leave the town then come back to grief, that's no longer a town problem so the griefing would be fixed and they would be banned/jailed by the server mods.
    P.S. I love these ideas, though I agree that the vouchers plug-in might contradict with this being a survival server.

thejacoborg likes this.
  9. Rillaith

Rillaith

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Rillaith
    I really like the class-specific suggestions. I think town tickets/limited town jailing is a good idea now that we have town matters (so, 100% opposite opinion based on same reason as MGB!), and I love the class interaction for merchant/craftsman. I think these could be delightful additions to the higher levels of classes, and would really make them worth striving towards.

10. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    1: Not that usefull, how many people spawn out... Would just be annoying for regular use.
    2: Remove the survival COMPLETELY out of the game.

Politician:
    1: Like this one, but you'd better just get on ts, you can also chat there.
    2: Nop, towny matters will remain towny matters.
    3: /t Remove.

Craftsman:
    1: Like it, but don't we have mail already?
    2: Like it aswell, but idk if it would work with other plugins, such as kingdoms.

Merchant:
    1: Why only merchants?

I think everyone should be able to use a mailbox, like a non-owner one-way chests.

The problem is that our dev. staff is rather small at the moment, and i don't know what the new ranks will hold in the future.

11. mbonachea

mbonachea

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mbonachea
    Hello.
    I'm not too fond of the first two suggestions. But, I think that a town ticket system would be cool. Now, Mods/Admins shouldn't have to deal with this since it is town matter. But, I think a ticket system for Mayors/Assistants could be cool.

EX. Notch notices that someone didn't follow building code. So he files a ticket that will be reviewed by Assistant Jeb. Then Jeb fines the player, ticket closed.

That would be cool for larger towns that Assistants don't have time to examine each plot or notice little issues.

The jailing would also be cool, but with limits. What if we have some power crazy noob mayor? Then they can jail their residents for 999 days? I think that if done, limits could be set.

12. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    @Leviathan
    The cooldown would only be on 1 command, /go pvp, and is a solution so that the arena doesn't have to be regulated all the time. People that are fighting would have to choose between typing /go pvp ( and waiting 3 seconds) or fight an opponent. That small 3 second interval makes that person choose to fight instead of trying to save items.

As for the vouchers, I see your point about survival server. But, it supposed to be used on rare occasions because of how expensive it is to launch the command. The money lost while buying that special command evens out the lack of survival.

As for the class ideas:
    -Only a fraction of the people on the server use teamspeak and it takes time to get everyone on the channel to discuss a private matter in a group.
    -When I mentioned "Towny Tickets," I was referring to a separate system of tickets that are done on the town level and not associated with server-wide issues.
    -Yes, there is /t kick, but do you /ban on every single matter?
    -Mailbox send is not a mail plugin. It is a mail to send items. It is an idea to only give it to vendors only, but it does make sense because any other way would be too generous to all the players.
    -Controller Block should not interfere with any other plugin. Its a basic plugin. Yet, there can be interesting ways to tag it to the economy if prices want to be added to it. If not, it can be added to a future lvl 3 craftsman for free use.

13. obiwan1324

obiwan1324

In-Game Name:
    obiwan1324
    great idea

14. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    Thanks.
    I heard there is a new thing in herochat that allows smaller channels to be made. So, it might be a knockdown to the party chat thing.

15. potarax

potarax

In-Game Name:
    potarax
    I'm pretty sure that they might add a few of these classes in the game

16. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    Yeah the town tickets would be a seperate system not linked to server-wide issues. That way a town matter can be resolved in a professional way.
    The first two ideas were just solutions to the pvp arena and a plugin used on many servers. What I am really interested in is some of the class ideas, specifically the items mailbox.

mbonachea likes this.
  17. Realm1121

Realm1121

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Realm1121
    I personally like the town ticket system, but i cant see the mayors/assistants getting free teleports around their town, so either cost them dei or not. Logblock is plenty fine aslong as your active and venture around the town alot.

18. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    The tickets would be used just to solve issues between town members, not to check griefing and tele abuse.

19. gnar_shredder

gnar_shredder

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    gnar_shredder
    Good ideas..... --_--

20. vanZeben

vanZeben

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    vanZeben
    Some things in here have already been discussed and i would like to implement them in the future, such as /town jail. However some of them i see useless. The "warmup" on teleporting is a good idea and since you suggested it i dont think it should be limited to /go pvp.

The_Yogs likes this.