1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Wouldn't the "old" imdeity.com be awesome?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by saleska, April 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saleska

saleska

In-Game Name:
    saleska
    I see you posted when the post wasnt fully updated, please check it again and you get your answers

2. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Since you updated I'm going to cover this point by point.

Cake selling can easily be exploited as it was when we had it. The items you need to make the cakes were easily bought from the /shop which was provided by the server, not other players. Then players set up cake making macros where they didn't have to do anything other than have the supplies in their inventories and it would completely make and sell the cakes for them automatically. You might have thought it was fun to go through the process of making and selling them, but in the long run it was bad for the economy since it couldn't really be regulated.

We still have the player ran shops at the /mall so not sure why this is even here.

It was removed because the plugin wasn't being developed anymore by whoever made it and broke on one of the minecraft updates.

/shop was replace by /go shop for unobtainable items only. Gold selling replaced the cakes as it was a way that could easily be regulated since people actually had to go out and mine the gold in order to sell it. You have to thank the mass amounts of dupers that caused the last reset for the gold needing to be sold from the portal. If they hadn't been duping massive amounts of gold in order to sell this wouldn't have happened. Either way, it's actually for the betterment of the server as it's a way to regulate how much money is 'created' into the economy.

We've been able to vote for diamonds ever since I've been on the server, so almost 2 years now?
    And I've already stated we still have player shops...

There are more than 2 signs, and the giant walls of signs weren't used because it's not needed. new players go through a small 'Starter Quest' where they get some basic information about the server. Other information is found on the 2 sign boards at the main spawn. Quite a bit of the interaction with the server is based on the websites Portal and Wiki, so that is why players are pushed to look there if they have many questions.

I'm assuming you haven't actually explored any of the towns in your, what, less then an hour you've been back actually on the server?

There are plenty of people online to talk to and play with if you're on at the right times. We had about 70-80 people on for a few hours last night. The server is probably 80%+ North American players, so that plays a big role on the times when players come on, not to mention that school and spring breaks are happening right now which also factor in the amount of people online.

Also, if you are seriously basing whether you're going to play on a server on not being able to sell cakes like you could before without even knowing the reasoning behind why they were removed, then you have more problems than selling cakes.

3. smcallah

smcallah

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    smcallah
    saleska said:
    This is really important for new comers:
    -when you join the server you see 2 small walls with signs, when i joined these signs gave me no clue of what ever i had to do
    There used to be 10-12 big walls with signs explaining the basics of the server and what to do, as well as rewards for donating and much much more.

There were never 10-12 big walls with signs. There were always 2 walls with signs on them, one on each side when you started at the spawn, or the pre-spawn for new players.

We cut down on the amount of signs because most people didn't read them anyway. Too much to read when people want to play. So we cut it down to, still 2, much smaller walls with basic info. And we provide a link to the Wiki of the website. The website is an integral part of the server, and that's how it has been for a while now.

Rmarmorstein and iSquared like this.
  4. eltono999

eltono999

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    eltono999
    Aw, you don't think I'm important?

But it's so convincing.

5. thecrazyman11

thecrazyman11

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    thecrazyman11
    I remeber sometime before last reset, some staff member saying there will be no impending reset, then BAMM, full blown reset, because of Kingdoms 2.0. Now with no Kingdoms 3.o being coded (Least what i think) there will be no reset

6. mas_destruction

mas_destruction

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    mas_destruction
    I heard of the previous reset long in advance. About 3-4 weeks I believe. However, I think it would be better if the reset was kept even more ''secret" if you will. This way people won't go inactive for the last 30 days and towns will stop recruiting and new players won't play as much. I mean it shouldn't just happen, but maybe a week in advance or something. I mean I personally went inactive right before the reset.

thejacoborg likes this.
  7. tchand

tchand

In-Game Name:
    TChand
    I see where you are coming from on that but really I would like the several weeks notice to go around and take tours of all the towns and buy add many lottery tickets as possible just cause it wouldn't matter if I won or lost stuff like on the end of the world movies just without the destruction cause griefing is still bad

8. ooopsy10975

ooopsy10975

In-Game Name:
    ooopsy10975
    We have gone off-topic and I don't see a need for this thread anymore because Saleska now knows how barely anything changed from then compared to now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.