1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

WARNING!!! - Do NOT use autoclick.exe!!! It contains a TROJAN!

Discussion in 'Help / Support / Guides' started by X920MikeyB, January 30, 2012.

1. X920MikeyB

X920MikeyB

In-Game Name:
    X920MikeyB
    WARNING!!!
    Do NOT use autoclick.exe!!! (Please Read)

Hi Folks,

I thought I'd post this here because I know I was recommended to use autoclick.exe for minecraft a while back. It's just what seems to be a harmless program which autoclicks for you. Great with minecraft as it saves your fingers and mouse!

Here's why you should not use autoclick.exe and steer well clear of it!

I had / may still have a pretty nasty Trojan on my computer. I think I've removed it going to double and tripple check. I'm about 95% sure it's down to autoclick.exe. When I downloaded this a while back and used it I had no problems and I've never had any problems until now... and when I tried to download and install it for my Fiancee's little brother. His Virus checker puck up on the fact it was a Trojan and removed it instantly however my Virus Checker never has puck up on it (Avast). I just put the situation with her brother's Laptop down to a "Bad download" and not the actual program. However, after today I'm never going to use autoclick.exe again and I recommend anyone using it do a complete system scan with a good virus checker and a malware / spyware removal program. I used IOBit Malware Fighter which found it and removed it, I'm scanning now a 2nd time. - Just scanned a 2nd time and it's removed another 2 trojan's that was in the root's _restore. I'm hoping this doesn't return. To be 100% sure I'm going to permanently block theplanet.com's entire IP range from ever accessing any computers on my network. (209.62.00 - 209.62.255.255)

I also used spybot S&D the other day which I'm not sure if it found that particular Trojan but that removed a Trojan from my system the other day and I can't remember if it was the same one as this one today.

I'm hoping after all this it will be safely removed from my computer however to be 100% sure I'm gonna back everything up and do a fresh format... Besides, I'm long over-due for one. Just not going to backup any .exe's at all... I'll re-download the safe ones... (As viruses link to other .exe's) It may just be that the Trojan linked itself to autoclick.exe but with it popping up on her brothers computer that time, that's why I'm 95% sure it is autoclick.exe that contains the Trojan. I know the Trojan was also infecting winampa.exe.

The company behind the trojan and the attacks is: theplanet.com - Steer well clear of these. They are a server hosting company from what I can see on google but many people have reported stuff to their abuse@theplanet.com many times before and aparantly they just "ignore" the emails and don't reply. So either the company is behind the attacks, OR! Someone using their services is, either way the company doesn't seem to be bothered about it nor be doing anything from what I've read on google. I've reported it to 2 local Texas authorities (As theplanet.com is a Texas registered company). One I can't remember the name of (It's in my sent emails) and the other is the Houston, Texas FBI. Might seem a bit drastic however I've had enough of these companies not being dealt with and allowing Trojan's to infect peoples computers. I'm always careful and this Trojan's manage to slip through the net and my attention for god knows how long... Just the past few weeks my computers been dead slow and today I've spent hours looking into it and finally found the root of the problem.

From what I've read on google this particular Trojan or the company involved are well known and the main purpose is to steal peoples passwords, mainly bank accounts etc... I'm glad my banks well secured. But will be popping up there ASAP to change my passwords and security details. Along with all my other passwords for everything else.

Anyone using or anyone who has used Autoclick.exe I recommend you remove it, never use it again, and do a full system scan with a good Virus checker + various spyware scanners. If unsure then do the same as I'm doing...

Backup and format.

Hope this helps anyone here that may of used this program. I recommend running "Cmd" and doing a netstat. This will tell you if theplanet.com or anyone else is accessing your computer. You can also "netstat -b -v" to check the whole process of what .exe's are connected through what ip / company etc... and what dll's and whatnot is used to launch the exe's. - Be VERY careful, don't remove exe's or DLL's unless you know what you're doing. Do some research if unsure, most dll's even if infected will totally screw your computer if removed. They must be quaranteened and not deleted.

Anyways I got other stuff to do, hope no one thinks this threads pointless or over the top... Trojan's are definitely something you don't want.

Regards,

Mike.

2. Qazz

Qazz

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Qazz
    Thanks for the warning Mikey

3. AlmightyCobra

AlmightyCobra

In-Game Name:
    CobraTheAlmighty
    Thanks for the info bro.

4. Magnumfin

Magnumfin

In-Game Name:
    Magnumfin
    Btw, you should download Malwarebytes and run a full scan with it. It's one of the best antivirus programs out there and it's free, so there's nothing to lose.

5. ImDeity

ImDeity

• Administrator
    In-Game Name:
    ImDeity
    theplanet.com is a huge server hosting company and are not the ones who are responsible for anything like this. In fact, I used to lease a couple servers at theplanet so you're really reporting the wrong people. The actual person responsible is likely just 1 of the thousands of customers that rent servers from them.

If you want to report the autoclick.exe people, report the IP to abuse@theplanet.com and tell them that that IP is distributing malware (so they can take action against one of their many customers). If you point fingers at theplanet.com itself, they'll likely just throw the complaint out as it's not them doing it.

Riillaith likes this.
  6. X920MikeyB

X920MikeyB

In-Game Name:
    X920MikeyB
    Yeah I know where you're coming from and yeah I realise they are a hosting company however there are many problems across google with theplanet.com, many people have e-mailed them and their e-mails have been ignored. However I will give them the benefit of the doubt and e-mail them with the information. However I remember reporting something similar previously to a hosting company... Might be the same one can't remember now but their name does ring a bad bell... and I got a reply back saying they did not control what their servers were used for and basically didn't care as long as they were being paid and that the person(s) using the servers were responsible but would supply no contact information.

But I'll contact theplanet.com and see how it goes, either way becareful with autoclick.exe because I'm pretty sure the virus originated from them. I've also got other various IP's and addresses connected to my computer I think it's the same trojan using multiple. Going to format shortly anyways.

Cheers for the info Deity and hope this helps anyone out there using or that has used autoclick.exe

Regards,

Mike.