1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

War Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Driver_X, October 28, 2013.

1. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    Hello, /go war is a nice mini-game, we've got some more maps recently but still, we could use some new features to spice it a bit :)

For Maps:
    -Set Biome: Halloween map have biome set to swamp, I guess it could be set up so every arena could be set in a specific biome.
    For a side note, some maps (Gaixia, for example) have biome set to snow and water freezes at some points, setting them to a different biome would fix that.
    - Set Time: Can't tell if possible, although this feature would be more noticeable: Set specific times to start a match on a map, Halloween could be set to night, I wanted Gold Rush's matches to happen during sunset... Maybe most maps don't need it, as they fit well for daytime, but on some mapmakers' hands, it could be a powerful tool.

During Matches:
    -Killstreak 'Counters': Everytime a player reaches a certain number of kills, without dying in between, a message would appear in chat: "Anonymous has a Killstreak of 5!". Together with that, another message could show up later: "Tybalt finished Anonymous' Killstreak!".
    -Tough Opponent Showoff: As soon as the match start, all red team members would receive a chat message with the name of the highest ranked player on the opposing team, same for blue.

^ These two may cause some stir as the opposing team will team/focus on the spotlighted players, what, personally, I'd like to see even considering I'd show up now and then. We would see more competition, bragging and raging, what is the essence of pvp. :)
    Although, I see it as, more than a challenge to the well ranked, something to add a bit of strategy to war, as unrelated players may stop to think as a team for a bit and organize to end someone's killstreak.

After/Before Matches:
    -Arenas Voting: Even tho we don't have that much maps, there could be, once in a while, an open voting for which arenas should stay or be removed, or maybe have an increased/reduced appearance %.
    That would help to increase maps quality and, once knowing the most liked ones, give a direction on what type of maps should be built now on.

There you go, some minor changes I found worth to talk about ;)

2. IceCooper

IceCooper

Another idea might be to have every other month a new map is added whether from a website like planetminecraft.com or from some people on the /creative server if the group finishes and people like it maybe a reward?

3. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    We just added 6 new maps less than 2 weeks ago that were all built by members of the server. Also, new maps are actually being worked on as well.

LupusOmegaX and Majora_Unmasked like this.
  4. Brandon_148

Brandon_148

In-Game Name:
    Brandon_148
    Has the Spawn Camp problem been fixed? If not, it would help to make the square under the team spawn "Safe" as to where the spawned player is safe for like 30 seconds before he's Vulnerable. Spawn Camping is just really annoying and ruins the fun of the game.

5. Pescotti

Pescotti

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Pescotti
    Deity War maps can be added anytime. If you wish to build an arena message me and I could easily set anyone up with an arena to build in.

6. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    Spawn camping can be prevented if map builder cares about it and makes 2-block drop in good distance around spawn or some similar barrier, preventing attacking team to get too close to spawn. One of trench maps (idk the name atm, made by iSquared and Legoap) uses 2-block deep ditch with no ladders on side close to spawn. On my first map, i have used tower that defenders can hide in, on my second map there is 2-block drop and hidden escape tunnel (with another drop). None of these features give defenders 100% safety but they make spawn camping much more difficult.

Brandon_148 likes this.
  7. Brandon_148

Brandon_148

In-Game Name:
    Brandon_148
    If I get a chance to build arena, that's one of the first things I would do. Build some form of a wall or something that can only be a exit, not a entrance.

8. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    I also suggest that players get a hub that counts their personal kills in the match

Driver_X likes this.
  9. Brandon_148

Brandon_148

In-Game Name:
    Brandon_148
    Thats what your war profile is for. Go to your profile and it shows and counts your recent kills. Kinda pointless to add anplugin for that when theres already one on Imdeity.com

10. Driver_X

Driver_X

In-Game Name:
    Driver_X
    Your profile shows your total and/or weekly kills, Lego suggested that, after a match/round ends, a message could appear in chat (in-game) saying "Legoap, you have killed 7 players this round!". Once you see that pop up after every round, you can keep track of how well you did there: Were you above or under your average? On which map you usually get more kills? How much of your team score came from you? Etc...

It is a pretty good and valid suggestion.

ngennaro likes this.
  11. Brandon_148

Brandon_148

In-Game Name:
    Brandon_148
    Would it be possible to add a way as to where the players can vote on the map for the round? That would be really cool

12. Tortoiselover101

Tortoiselover101

In-Game Name:
    Tortoiselover101
    I love the idea of voting for a biome.

13. Tallpines

Tallpines

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Tallpines
    Hi Mr. Pescotti, I was just wondering, does it cost dei to build an arena?

14. LupusOmegaX

LupusOmegaX

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    LupusOmegaX
    I built two of those maps! :D
    I'm pretty sure you don't pay to do this, seeing as you're doing it for the server. Either way I'd do it as much as I possibly could.

15. Pescotti

Pescotti

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Pescotti
    Nope, its free!

16. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP

What i am suggesting is adding 3 more lines in the sidebar that shows team kills: a line for personal kills in that round, personal deaths and kdr for that round. You can add those in 5 minutes to the code and it would make a nice change.

Sheep_overlord likes this.
  17. Hediedforyou

Hediedforyou

i like the idea of voting for what map you would like to play as well as h=adding a personal hub inc=game to say your kd ratio in game and maybe if you would like to rework some of the imaging for health and such like they do on and rpg server to make it a health bar. That in mind i do know this is vanilla so do what you can and keep em coming :3